Coney Durr

btowngopher

Reaction score
It was encouraging to see him playing a pretty good game. I know he got beat by a really good WR on a really good pass for the TD, but it was nice to see him out there having a solid game after his injury two years ago. I think he needed last year to really get back to normal. He was really strong on those little WR screen plays, made a lot of sure tackles.

I agree, everyone will bark about the one mistake but he played well for the rest of the game. I hope he continues to recover because he still doesn't look like he moves quite as well as he did prior to the injury. Good job Coney! Keep rowing!

It was encouraging to see him playing a pretty good game. I know he got beat by a really good WR on a really good pass for the TD, but it was nice to see him out there having a solid game after his injury two years ago. I think he needed last year to really get back to normal. He was really strong on those little WR screen plays, made a lot of sure tackles.

They put Coney on an island.

My initial impression was he moved and played pretty well. Our former secondary players in the NFL got beat at times. It happens. Last year he obviously had residual problems. He is a welcome and needed addition to the secondary.

I was happy to see him out there playing well.

Looks healthy and fast! Came flying across the field early in the game to make a tackle and I'm like, "Who is #16?!" Shocked it was Durr. Looks nothing like last year. And he's playing some at safety too, which is critical given our lack of depth. Really happy to see his progression.

I was going to start this same thread. Durr came up big when we needed it, and it was great to see. I wish they would have held him out last year and saved him a year of eligibility when he clearly wasn't fully recovered from his knee injury.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Agreed that he did a great job coming in.

Redshirt soph Kiondre Thomas and redshirt junior Chris Williamson were expected cornerback starters...Kiondre now injured?...Williamson coming off injury was in maybe one series?...true frosh T.Smith and junior Coney Durr have looked good, pleasant surprise...senior Antonio Shenault game seems improved which also helps; lot of big hits...senior Jacob Huff and redshirt sophomore Antoine Winfield have been very good...Sapp running well on special teams and may yet get some run...Howden and Swenson also seem to have speed and size to compete...get everyone healthy, get some guys up to speed and secondary could be a strength...

Is there a really good passing attack on schedule?

Purdue passing game, Northwestern passing game look shaky as QBs coming off knee surgeries; Purdue super frosh WR looked mortal in second half week one and yesterday...Kasim Hill was 8-16 for 121 vs BGSU; no one at the guy who went first round draft level...Indiana seems to be emphasizing run game more under Allen...Nebraska has good WRs, but will they have anyone to throw it to them when we get to Lincoln?...Wisconsin still down two top WRs...Iowa had Stanley go 16-28-166-0-0 to beat Iowa State...Illini had Rivers go 9-16-105 vs WIU after Bush went out injured...

Our secondary is good enough to win in the Big Ten West...is our front seven good enough to stop power/option run games?

Top Bottom