Poll - What Grade Do You Give Fleck for Coaching in the Fresno St Win

What grade do you give PJ Fleck for Fresno St.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Source

Well I'm going to give it a rest...I Googled Francis and I got the Pope. Your buddy?

Popes Francis and Benedict are not that different - Washington Post 2 hours ago
Pope Francis orders new bishops to 'just say no to abuse' - MSN News US 18 hours ago
Francis B. Klein - Lancaster Online 21 hours ago
- More »

Source

Well I'm going to give it a rest...I Googled Francis and I got the Pope. Your buddy?

Pope Francis orders new bishops to 'just say no to abuse' - MSN News US 18 hours ago
- More »

Google the phrase
It’s from Stripes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Source

- More »

Here you go. It is a well known phrase.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bwUlkKfR_NI?rel=0" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well at least nobody voted "C". Who wants to be average? Either be great or terrible/irrelevant

Lighten up, Francis.

?? Who in the hell is Francis?

Can't believe I have to say this but it's a well known pop culture reference...Google it.

Source

- More »

Good Lord, I know there are some younger folks on the board but I can't believe this exchange just happened. Part of me just wants to laugh, the other part of me wants to hit myself in the head with one of my Vans...

A
They did good. Installed some cool ****. Managed the game well.

Good Lord, I know there are some younger folks on the board but I can't believe this exchange just happened. Part of me just wants to laugh, the other part of me wants to hit myself in the head with one of my Vans...

My son who's 25 even knows the reference. Not sure if he should be slapped or his mom/dad for not exposing him to the classics.

You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

I think you have to be more sensitive to people's background as to disabilities, exposure etc.

I will give him an A. My only issue was just before the final field goal that put us up 13-7. I was disappointed with the conservative play call on what I think was a 3rd and 3 or 4. If you convert that and continue the drive and put 7 on the board, that game is over right then and there with us up 17-7. I can’t stand the playing not to lose mentality.

But still, an A all day and a great job by all, coaches and players.

I agree. We hadn't been getting 4 yards a carry to that point. I'm sure there was some concern for a sack but could have called a quick play and instructed Zack to throw it away if it isn't there right away.

The wildcat has been used almost perfectly the last 2 weeks and that's really hard in football.

Well done.

For those not picking up on the stealth reference:

You just made the list, buddy. And I don't like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff, I'll kill you. Also, I don't like nobody touching me. Now, any of you homos touch me, and I'll kill you.

:clap: Wonder how many takes it took to get through it without laughing. Candy at his best...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bD4xwK13lGk" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Let's quibble: the poll said what grade do you give Fleck for his coaching.

I don't know how you can answer that without knowing which decisions Fleck made and which decisions were made by the assistants. As far as I know, the Offensive coordinator calls the plays - so we would have to know when or if Fleck decided to change a play or send in a play to know how much he impacted the in-game play calls. Likewise with the defense.

Sure - the head coach is the head coach, and ultimately he gets credited for wins or losses - but a lot of the actual coaching is done by the assistants. What changes/adjustments were made at halftime, and who made them?

just saying that some people could be saying "great coaching job by Fleck," while in reality, the decision they're praising was actually made by one of the coordinators or even one of the position coaches. Coaching at that level is a collaborative project.

Overall, I would say the coaching staff did a nice job in the win. I would like to see a little more variety in the running game, but maybe that's all the coaches felt the players could handle. Which, again, we don't know.

A 7057.38%

#2Gopher, A_Slab_of_Bacon, BeenHazy, BilldGopher, BleedGopher, bleedsmaroonandgold, Bring back the Axe, BroncoRedux, Cobra, CoMn, Crosby, dalostpinoy, Deckergopher, diehard, eker0016, fraternity2017, Go4, GoldyGolfer, gopher ceaser, gopherfannnn, GopherVotary, GopherWeatherGuy, GringaGopher, harrys ghost, hello-world, HopHead, howeda7, hungan1, Iceland12, Jeshurun, JoeDirt, Johnny Olson, jonnyganas, kisarazu, LakerFan, MissouriGopher, mkAz, MNVCGUY, Mohawk72, MplsGopherFan, MrC, OHGoph, oldauggie, Panthadad2, PhillyGopher, Plausible Deniability, Pompous Elitist, PoockItInfor6, pwmass, Rescooter, Rex, rockford, RodentRampage, RolGnav, Ruggers, scfan, SDR, socal_gopher, sodakgopher, STPGopher, Taji34, tikited, Unregistered User, UpAndUnder43, Vandy, WAGopher, WaterBoy, West Fargo Gopher Fan, Word, WorkingMyTailOff

B 4536.89%
arborlax, bacon_and_kegs, betterdeadthanred, bfast, bizzle22, Bnk, bottlebass, Buck_Buchanan, carh1981, cjbfbp, ComoGopher, Com_Cool, dbaldrich1, DEGopher, DoubleB, dpodoll68, everybody knows my name, Face The Facts, FishingMN, ForecastingAWin, GlyndonGopher, Goph33, Gophs24, highwayman, HoustonTXGopher, johnnybb, march madness, Mick Turition, MNGopher23, mom8pop, overpass, PMWinSTP, salzie, short ornery norwegian, Ski-U-Boat, Sparlimb, Stuff, theTurning, Tlsbhansen, vagopher, Waffle, WinLoseOrTy, XMan, young935, Zeppelin Gopher

C 21.64%
gophernut79, Gopher_Nutz

D 21.64%
NewBerlinBucky, Ozzy&Ray

F 21.64%
gophernewbie, LesBolstad

Prefer not to respond 10.82%
Tonestang

Let's quibble: the poll said what grade do you give Fleck for his coaching.

I don't know how you can answer that without knowing which decisions Fleck made and which decisions were made by the assistants. As far as I know, the Offensive coordinator calls the plays - so we would have to know when or if Fleck decided to change a play or send in a play to know how much he impacted the in-game play calls. Likewise with the defense.

Sure - the head coach is the head coach, and ultimately he gets credited for wins or losses - but a lot of the actual coaching is done by the assistants. What changes/adjustments were made at halftime, and who made them?

just saying that some people could be saying "great coaching job by Fleck," while in reality, the decision they're praising was actually made by one of the coordinators or even one of the position coaches. Coaching at that level is a collaborative project.

Overall, I would say the coaching staff did a nice job in the win. I would like to see a little more variety in the running game, but maybe that's all the coaches felt the players could handle. Which, again, we don't know.

I think that the head coach gets credit for a well coached team regardless of who's doing the play calling. If the OC calls offensive plays, the HC gave him that responsibility and holds him accountable, same with the DC. Things about the program that are greatly improved in regards to coaching include great pre snap discipline on both sides of the ball, Under Kills and Claeys the aw-shucks we made them run laps answer to drive killing false start penalties got a little tiresome. The head coach also gets some credit if the team as a whole is playing up to or above expectations and I would say that this year they are doing so. On the other side during a critical part of the game Fresno got hit with a sideline interference call which I didn't see, but assume was a legit call, if we had done that I would have blamed the coaching staff for a lack of discipline, seems like we out coached the other team in that respect as well.

I gave the coaching staff a "B" because I feel they gave the players a chance to execute, but could have done a few things better. Can't say for sure what some of those random time-outs were about, whether it be match-ups or miscommunication between Coach & QB. Also think the Wildcat is way too predictable. Glad they let Green throw on the 2-pointer, but any time he's in there he reminds me of Marquis Gray in terms of a 95% chance it's a run. To add on, why keep Annexstad on the field to just stand as a wide-out? I'd rather see another blocker, not that Green follows them. He tends to run ahead of them. Hey, at least it works for now, but it won't in the Big Ten. Play-calling otherwise got much better, but still too many 3 & outs that can be attributed to telegraphed plays.

Top Bottom