Sideline interference call

Flecknation

Reaction score
Can anyone explain what happened? I missed the action as i was to busy watching the board for the replay of that amazing catch. did players step on the field after the catch to draw the penalty?

I am also curious about this. Don't they usually give out a warning before a penalty?

We were at the game but watched the last 10 minutes on the DVR when we got home.

Based on what was said on FSN it sounds like the Fresno State HC entered the field of play...probably to engage a ref.

This is not allowed starting last year.

That's all I can offer. Anyone who can offer more is welcomed by me.

Can anyone explain what happened? I missed the action as i was to busy watching the board for the replay of that amazing catch. did players step on the field after the catch to draw the penalty?

You can view their coach's post-game conference on YouTube. Apparently one of the assistant coaches ran into an official. The press rep asked why they did not simply get a warning, and their coach said he was asking them the same thing.

I remember in 2016 when Ohio State was at Wisconsin, Urban Meyer got the same penalty without a warning.

I think the warning stuff is more like when the players/coaches didn't get in the way of something for the most part. I'm guessing with this (haven't seen the replay), a ref was running & ran into a coach, pretty much affecting him during the play.

These officials seemed to be overwhelmed for much of the game. Long delays in throwing some flags, some bad calls both ways, lots of huddles and a dozen plays under review. Really no flow due to them. Seemed like a weird penalty. I cheered because the gophers got 15 extra yards but seems weak at best

You don't touch the Ref. Period. Running into an official is a no-no.

Maybe they'll start doing what professional baseball does - an ejection.

Why can't coaches just stay off the field? There's a big white line around it showing the boarder, hard to miss.

You can view their coach's post-game conference on YouTube. Apparently one of the assistant coaches ran into an official. The press rep asked why they did not simply get a warning, and their coach said he was asking them the same thing.

Anyone from the bench area running into an official is a big no no. Zero tolerance on that one.

I remember in 2016 when Ohio State was at Wisconsin, Urban Meyer got the same penalty without a warning.

I think the warning stuff is more like when the players/coaches didn't get in the way of something for the most part. I'm guessing with this (haven't seen the replay), a ref was running & ran into a coach, pretty much affecting him during the play.

Automatic 15 if you touch an official during a play. Warning is for going into the white during the play but don’t touch the official.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom