Video: Press Conference: P.J. Fleck on Gophers' 21-14 Win over Fresno State

GREAT press conference! Loved lots of what he had to say! His attitude, his outlook is different than it was last year. I definitely think we win more games this year, in part because of that. We'll have to agree to disagree about momentum...I do think it is real. I agree the most important play is the next play....that also is a culture thing. Good job PJ!

Yeah, good press conference. This is one I suggest SON watch because he does somewhat stay away from the buzz words and phrases.

He’s having fun with Sid at the end. That’s fun.

Seeing PJ like this is a lot better than after the last couple last year. He’s still “too much” for me, but he’s consistent and I believe in him.

Loved it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That was an excellent presser. I'm not a huge Fleck guy, although I'm willing to become one. That game and his comments moved me in his direction.

JTG

It really makes you think...

While watching the game I wasn’t really thinking about all the freshman making plays on O.. they were just doing it! I think the main difference between FR and SRs is consistency .. great 2 wins hopefully theses kids can not get complacent and keep bringing it.

I woke up smiling! That was fun last night.

At 15:25 - "We knew we had to get faster. We are faster than last year, but that's one class. We need to get faster than what we are. And we will." ..."My job is out recruit every single one of you... I am going to find a better player than you"..."I want to continually keep this program to go (hands gesturing up). Your job is to keep your job. And the way you keep your job is to change to your best, do the right things, continue to be in the program academically, athletically, socially, and spiritually, and grow. You will always keep your job. But, if you stop somebody will catch you eventually." --- This is a very powerful message to the players about striving for excellence on the field and elsewhere in their lives.

He said he has two scholarships left that he is going to hold onto. He is proud of the development so far. He wants to elevate recruiting even further (scary). The program and culture is going to be held to very high standards.

I think he checked all the boxes in what people said they wanted in a new coach for the program. He is just a hard nut to crack when it comes to full buy-in from everyone.

A Rose Bowl appearance someday may do just that. They'll always be outliers and crazies. We can't help 'em.

Last edited:

He is just a hard nut to crack when it comes to full buy-in from everyone.

A Rose Bowl appearance someday may do just that. They'll always be outliers and crazies. We can't help 'em.

It may have been easier if we hadn't suffered through the B'Rooster experience. But at this point, I think it's safe to say that Fleck is to Brewster what the sun is to the moon.

His approach is "different," that's for sure. But if the players buy in -- and it sure seems they are -- that's by far the most important thing. When you boil it down though, there's nothing controversial about what he preaches.

And it won't take a Rose Bowl for me to love the guy. I'd settle for consistently competitive.

JTG

He’s having fun with Sid at the end. That’s fun.

Seeing PJ like this is a lot better than after the last couple last year. He’s still “too much” for me, but he’s consistent and I believe in him.

I suspect every incoming coach gets a primer on Sid ;)

Top Bottom