Shooter: Gophers have sold 2,287 season tickets vs 1,311 at same time last year

Happy days will be here again at The Barn for Women's Basketball!

Hopefully, that number of season tickets continues to grow after folks go to the home opener and feel the magic. Ticket and marketing folks are missing an opportunity if they don't do a big push at game 1 to still get season tickets for the rest of the season.

An interesting number in the same Charley Walters note is men are at 6,595. Would think that number has declined some over the last couple of years, as well, as I would have expected a higher number for them.

Hopefully, that number of season tickets continues to grow after folks go to the home opener and feel the magic. Ticket and marketing folks are missing an opportunity if they don't do a big push at game 1 to still get season tickets for the rest of the season.

An interesting number in the same Charley Walters note is men are at 6,595. Would think that number has declined some over the last couple of years, as well, as I would have expected a higher number for them.

This is just guessing, obviously, but if we can extrapolate that the Gopher single-game admissions will continue to be about double the number of season ticketholders, we're already looking at women's crowds of 7,000. That would be awesome. (And I'd put money on it being more than that)

Two things will be the key. How well they do (I wouldn't expect a Big 10 title this year-never know) and the pricing. $5.00 tickets is pretty cheap if you ask me. How high can they go before the people say no.

I'm hoping that the Whalen & Co. are encouraging recruits to attend the New Hampshire game. I imagine that players and recruits alike would have to be impressed by a full house at Williams. Should be a lot of fun.

Top Bottom