What was the Best Play of the Game in Gophers win over Fresno State?

• Annexstad scramble pass to Johnson late in game

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Antoine Winfield Jr. interception in end zone

Votes: 46 56.8%
  • Emmit Carpenter 53 yard FG

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Emmit Carpenter 50 yard FG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seth Green 2 point conversion pass

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other

Votes: 2 2.5%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

Couldn't vote. I couldn't do justice to put one over the other.

Tyler Johnson doesn't make that catch and no one is talking about Winfield's game saving pick.
I give it to Johnson for an amazing catch.

Honorable mention. T-Smith INT

Has to go to "Zach to Tyler" on this poll.

That said, Winfield is already moving to his own "elite" level of accomplishment.

Easy money that future polls will prove this true.

Gotta say Zach to Tyler on this one. I know there are a lot of Vikings fans here, but I'm a Packers fan and I swear that was a Aaron Rogers type play if I've ever seen one. I hope Zach continues to have that play extending ability when things go wrong in the future.

Not fair. Both ZA and AW plays were incredible

Sure is nice to have a couple spectacular plays to choose from and several young players step up and give outstanding performances.

Winfield. It fills the, "I can't believe he did that!" box.

Winfield's play would have been incredible if all he had done was recover and bat down the ball. The fact he tipped it to himself and got a foot in bounds is something special...

The fact that we have so many choices against a solid team...oh my...so many playmakers on this team. While we might not win a ton this year, it is easy to see we are on a great path and games are going to be fun. Love, love, love the choices cuz in the past any of them could have been the play of the game. Smith's interception was pretty awesome too.

There were so many sub-plots and heroes in this game. Annexstad, TJ, and Winfield should be co-MVPs. But, if you had to chose one it has to be the one that stopped the scoring threat.

Winfield was on totally different gear when he made that acrobatic contortion to catch the ball. The Bulldogs TE Jared Rice was stupified. It took awhile to register what just happened.

This game is good for the psyche of Gophers fans. We weren't supposed to win close games. This is a redemption for that Michigan game were the Gophers were in the Red Zone and ran out of clock.

This game is good for the psyche of Gophers fans. We weren't supposed to win close games.

Good for the players too.

I'm sure they're aware of how often the Gophers have taken a punch from another team and just faded away... where this time they fought back repeatedly and spectacularly.

Top Bottom