...”What...it’s picked off...oh my goodness it’s Winfield!!!

highwayman

Knows Less Than Coaching Staff
Reaction score
...”What...it’s picked off...oh my goodness it’s Winfield!!! Do you believe what you just saw???...

I am apoplectic. One of the great plays and great calls in Gopher history. Love it. Embrace it. Go Flecking Gophers.

Still can't believe the catch. He really recovered on this one and never gave up.

Look how far off he was after he finally realized what was happening. He had the smarts to chase after the receiver, but also keep an eye out for the ball... Then he had to jump higher than the 6'4"+ TE/WR, he had to catch the ball and not let it bounce while he landed out of bounds. wow just wow.

He was on the goal line on the throw. We might have another Thorpe winner.

Just watched it again. Glad he didn't hurt his foot when he came down.

I sit on that goalline on that side second row if the upper deck. That receiver was open. I’ve never seen anyone close that fast before. Unreal

I sit on that goalline on that side second row if the upper deck. That receiver was open. I’ve never seen anyone close that fast before. Unreal

I’d have to agree with you. While not at the game, my cell blew up after that play and all I could respond with was UNREAL!

One of the best defensive play I’ve ever seen.

Will he be back next season though, with all of these big plays he’s making? Damn...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the best defensive play I’ve ever seen.

Will he be back next season though, with all of these big plays he’s making? Damn...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, unless they change the rules about declaring for the NFL draft.

We knew in 211 that it was intercepted but it took a few seconds to figure out it was Winfield...

...Sheer joy....

Are we having fun yet?

Play has to be an ESPN top play and probably should be #1 given the situation. Just an unreal play, honestly still don't know how he managed to get that foot down.

After several decades of watching the Gophers lose games on improbable plays, this was a refreshing change.

Winfield was beat by 5 yards on a 4-yard pass, but recovers for the one-handed tip and interception. Un-freaking-real.

JTG

Watching that play again you have to agree with the play callers quote! It is indeed unreal! One of the best individual defensive efforts I've seen. Fun game to watch.

Pretty sure you were more nonplussed than apoplectic, but awesome moment anyway!
...”What...it’s picked off...oh my goodness it’s Winfield!!! Do you believe what you just saw???...

I am apoplectic. One of the great plays and great calls in Gopher history. Love it. Embrace it. Go Flecking Gophers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Reminiscent of BBC's game-saving strip/pick in Nebraska a few years ago. A highway robbery!

If he was to go pro, wouldn't it be nice if he ended up with the Vikings like his dad?

Winfield just has great football instincts. On a trick play, it's easy to get caught in no-man's land, but his recovery and path to the ball are things that can't be taught. Truly an amazing play.

I was at the game, who was making that call on the broadcast? That is a one for the video/audio scrapbook.

Pretty sure you were more nonplussed than apoplectic, but awesome moment anyway!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

A much better word! In the past I have used it for both positive and negative amazement. You learn something new every day. Go Gophers!

Winfield just has great football instincts. On a trick play, it's easy to get caught in no-man's land, but his recovery and path to the ball are things that can't be taught. Truly an amazing play.

Yeah, there are probably only a handful of guys in the country with the instincts and ability to make that play. So glad we have one of them in Maroon and Gold. Their receiver is probably still trying to figure out where #11 came from.

Their receiver is probably still trying to figure out where #11 came from.

And wishing he had come back for the ball.

:D

Easier said than done, I know. His momentum was carrying him to the back of the end zone. Still, he was passive, and Winfield wasn't.

JTG

Top Bottom