Pi** on the Haters. Fleck is a ELITE strategist...

It's still early.
This is one game.

End of the year the record might not be much different than most other years, but what appears to be different from so far this season is the play making abilities of this team.

They are fun to watch.
They have talent.

Enjoy the season.[/QUOTE]

Very fun! Whether anybody might have coached it differently, the object is to win...we did that! Cashman and Smith made plays on defense. Durr is playing well. Last drive I told my wife: "It's about time Winfield makes a play, he's been pretty quiet." 5,10 plays later...(however long the drive was) boom! Awesome effort and play making ability.
Zack has the ability to get it done. He has that intangible you need to be an effective QB. Bateman and Bell are excellent receivers. Johnson needs to learn the ball is the program. He has had way too many drops and tonight the fumble to go with all his great plays.
TCB next week. Go Gophers!

I love it. Take one of the great plays in Gopher history and diminish it. That is why you fail. Good night, ladies.

Good win. Young team played hard and found a way to get it done. Couple of questions is Fresno that good...(better than the 10 win version last year), are the Gophers better than expected, or are both teams about equal and mediocre. I'm not sure yet, hard to say. I do very much like the posters reactions on the board...you all are fired up! Now if we beat Becky this year and get the freakin axe you will see a whole other level of excitement ! Go Gophers!

Everyone has been saying Fresno is a good team, no need to automatically question that just because we beat them. So, after we beat the stinking cheese breathers are you going to question if they are any good? Lol...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fleck coached scared. And they won largely in part because of guys the previous regime recruited. I'd tell you not to be a dick, but it appears that is your default state.

Did you watch the game? I was beginning to think the U had changed their team mascot to freshman, we heard it so much...

Everyone has been saying Fresno is a good team, no need to automatically question that just because we beat them. So, after we beat the stinking cheese breathers are you going to question if they are any good? Lol...

God no I won't question if we beat Becky, even if they loose some games (I don't think they will lose too many). I posed the question because neither team looked particularly great last night. Function of the defenses? Both teams being good and it was evenly matched (my hope and thought)? Or other things. I'm eiexcited about what appears to be a quality win. I would add the disclaimer that it's Fresno State, not Wisky or Ohio State so let's pump the brakes on this being the biggest win we need to put us back on the map.

God no I won't question if we beat Becky, even if they loose some games (I don't think they will lose too many). I posed the question because neither team looked particularly great last night. Function of the defenses? Both teams being good and it was evenly matched (my hope and thought)? Or other things. I'm eiexcited about what appears to be a quality win. I would add the disclaimer that it's Fresno State, not Wisky or Ohio State so let's pump the brakes on this being the biggest win we need to put us back on the map.

I hear you, but it's not like people are saying we're going to win the Rose Bowl. Fresno is a quality opponent - probably would win at least a couple conference games if they were in the Big Ten.

Fresno is a quality team. It's not beyond reason that FSU doesnt loae again. They have a good defense, a mature QB, and good WRs. You dont have to be a genius to see they are a quality non P5 team. How good are they exactly? Who knows. But it's not New M state or Houston Baptist.

After watching PJ's press conference I'm convinced even more that he is the genuine article.

Ask any long suffering Gophers fans. They'll all will say they at least want an entertaining game. They got more than they bargained for - a real sweeet victory!

I posted on another board that while the wildcat with Green looks great, PJ needs to be more creative and get a big passing play out of it...then boom! he calls the passing play from that formation at the exact perfect time.

PJ doesn't call the plays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask any long suffering Gophers fans. They'll all will say they at least want an entertaining game. They got more than they bargained for - a real sweeet victory!

Indeed, amazing plays, comebacks ... this one got a bit stale in the middle but man it got exciting late.

I'm just excited not so much for this year but by the fact that so many of the playmakers are freshmen. My gosh, how good are we going to be 2 years from now? How much better will we be by the end of the year when we play the easier B1G games? And lastly, I am excited because this kind of football is a lot more fun to watch than what I have watched for the last decade in Minnesota. I am also pretty darn impressed with Fleck's emphasis on the entire player...from grades to behavior to community service to preparing for a career outside of football. Fleck is trying to do it all and we've seen the grades and we've seen him bench players who behaved badly no matter how good of players they were. That's something I can support 100%. RTB

The head coach, especially Fleck, is highly involved in the play calling. That's why they wear a headset.

Per Pj's show:

it was a great call by Kirk C. team executed it perfectly.

As is often the case you overestimate your knowledge. PJ has always affirmed the position of letting his coordinators do their jobs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom