How many fans will be in attendance at Gophers/Fresno State game?

How many fans will be in attendance at Gophers/Fresno State game?

• 46,000+

Votes: 6 11.5%
  • 42,000 - 45,999

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • 38,000 - 41,999

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • 35,000 - 38,999

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Less than 35,000

Votes: 4 7.7%

• Total voters

El Amin Fan

Reaction score
Coming off a blowout win, fans had fun, facing a solid team, great weather, night game, everything lining up for a rocking crowd. I say 45,232 actual butts in seat with a 48K announced attendance.

46k and hoping for a entertaining win that builds some attendance momentum.

Going with low 40k ... still a non-con, not a familiar opponent, people still aren't sold on the team yet.

If we win this one, maybe we can start climbing up the 40's.

I forgot about the pizza effect....will probably be in the low 40'5

I feel like it will be higher than some are saying. Good opponent with some awesome weather.

I feel like it will be higher than some are saying. Good opponent with some awesome weather.

I agree 48,000 announced, 40 K actual. Good weather, good opponent, Good time slot, little competition from other events (fair, vikings, etc...)

Start drawing up the 3rd deck renovation renderings.

Average sports fan doesn't know what a Fresno State is and that they are a decent team and this game will be better than some of the in conference games. I think we have a ways to go before we start packing them in. At least the State Fair and Lynx are done and the Twins are awful so they may tune in, but just the hardcore fans will be in the house tomorrow night.

Most Minnesotan's, like it or not, are gearing up for the Vikings home opener.
Mid 30k for actual attendance, with an announced 42k.

More than the last, but I don't expect a huge crowd.

It takes cumulative Ws to overcome attendance momentum. As we saw from 14 to 15 it sometimes takes a year to get a big jump.

I expect a crowd of at least 40-42,000. Win this one, and they will come back again, plus more....
If this weather does not equal a good walk up, I dont know what will.

Last edited:

Of the pizza games, this is by far the most attractive. Red Baron will put this over the top. 42 for sure.

Band night. Lots of extra people here. Gonna announce 46,443

38,280. Almost beat Northwestern 2016 for smallest TCF crowd.

Last edited:

Unfortunately I was correct in my poll vote. Announced 38k .... it looked very sparse in there from my seat.

Hope it picks up next week, now that people know the team is legit. Still will be considered a lower level opponent, should be win. Tailgating in full swing! Hope the weather holds out

Wow. If it was 38K there weren't very many no shows. Without a doubt there were more butts in seats at this game then New Mexico state.

I thought the crowd looked pretty full on the home / shady side, but my angle wasn't the best.
Far side had open spots.

I thought the crowd looked pretty full on the home / shady side, but my angle wasn't the best.
Far side had open spots.

At the game. A lot of open seats. Same as opener for butts in seats...around 30K. Might be only half full next week for M of Ohio.

At the game. A lot of open seats. Same as opener for butts in seats...around 30K. Might be only half full next week for M of Ohio.

There were many people hanging out on the plaza and likely on the concourse. I’ve spent both games on the plaza and haven’t been in my seat at all. TCF Bank Stadium has lots of great places to hang out and enjoy the game, resulting in empty seats. I suspect attendance was better than it looked.

That being said, it can still get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There were many people hanging out on the plaza and likely on the concourse. I’ve spent both games on the plaza and haven’t been in my seat at all. TCF Bank Stadium has lots of great places to hang out and enjoy the game, resulting in empty seats. I suspect attendance was better than it looked.

That being said, it can still get better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish I could agree but that happens every game with people on the concourse. I've been to every game played at TCF. There were several thousand less in the student section even counting the HS band, compared to last week. No way the attendance was more than NMSU.

Top Bottom