Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 638
  1. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    This is what bad looks like.... I think Justin from Canada will be back at the bargaining table soon.


    Yes, I'm sure the average American worker thinks to himself, "who needs a raise, as long as Canadians are suffering?"


  2. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    Yes, I'm sure the average American worker thinks to himself, "who needs a raise, as long as Canadians are suffering?"
    Well, we know of at least one.
    ~ Wright about Life - Having fun with words since 1989 ~

  3. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bga1 View Post
    So the idea here - if these figures are accurate...is that real wages are down because of inflation. Okay- let's accept that idea for a moment. Tax rates are down. Is that figured into this? If a person is taking home 5% more each paycheck isn't that a really big deal (even though the Dems call it "crumbs") compared to a .2% reduction in the real wage? Then if a person happens to be doing well enough to be saving money- they might be getting a little more in interest bearing accounts and a lot more in investment accounts than before. What say you? I think that the average person is a lot better off than a year or two ago.

    Also note that the biggest adjustment is fewer hours. I can tell you that in a full employment economy, its not because the employers are not offering the hours. It is because the employees have the money and are taking time off work because the can again. That's a wonderful thing!
    Dear lord you are clueless.

  4. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    Yes, I'm sure the average American worker thinks to himself, "who needs a raise, as long as Canadians are suffering?"
    Sept 7th, 2018:

    "American wages unexpectedly climbed in August by the most since the recession ended in 2009"

    "Average hourly earnings for private workers increased 2.9 percent from a year earlier, a Labor Department report showed Friday, exceeding all estimates in a Bloomberg survey"


    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...elerate-to-2-9

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    36,880
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    Yes, I'm sure the average American worker thinks to himself, "who needs a raise, as long as Canadians are suffering?"
    Well, some believe that the "economic anxiety" suffered by many whites is due in part not having anyone to feel superior over anymore....

  6. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costa Rican Gopher View Post
    Sept 7th, 2018:

    "American wages unexpectedly climbed in August by the most since the recession ended in 2009"

    "Average hourly earnings for private workers increased 2.9 percent from a year earlier, a Labor Department report showed Friday, exceeding all estimates in a Bloomberg survey"


    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...elerate-to-2-9
    I responded to this exact stat earlier in the thread. Real vs nominal.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    31,489
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    You should not be accessing BLS statistics. They are too complicated for you to analyze. Even the graphs. cnc too.
    Kingdom Warriors

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    31,489
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by howeda7 View Post
    Well, some believe that the "economic anxiety" suffered by many whites is due in part not having anyone to feel superior over anymore....
    We will always have you, howdy.
    Kingdom Warriors

  9. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by justthefacts View Post
    I responded to this exact stat earlier in the thread. Real vs nominal.
    Please forgive CRidiculousG for being unable to read. It's just not his strength. If you want to know all about ridiculous RW conspiracy theories, though, he's the expert.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    31,489
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    You would be able to do a better job of keyboarding if you stopped that forklift to post.
    Kingdom Warriors

  11. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cncmin View Post
    Dear lord you are clueless.
    That's always possible but you were unable to respond. What have I said that was wrong? I would think that a genius like you would have some information. Guess not.

  12. #27

  13. #28

    Default


  14. #29

    Default

    It's a shame people like you have joined forces with the Koch Bros and corporate interests, in rooting for our enemy, in this trade war that they started.

    No one debates that China is unfair in their trade practices. No one debates that China gains, while we lose. The only argument against fixing it, is that there will be short term pain. The good news is, China's losing and will cede on many points, to our benefit.

    The bad news is before it can get better, it's likely to get worse. Like setting a broken bone. It hurts like crazy while they're setting it, but the alternative is an arm that never works properly again. Who in their right mind would suggest we leave the arm broken?

  15. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by diehard View Post
    You should not be accessing BLS statistics. They are too complicated for you to analyze. Even the graphs. cnc too.
    I thought you don't believe anything the Deep State puts out, poor dial up.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •