Marqueis Gray on IR.......Cruel Game

That's sad news.
Right after he won the starting job.

Unfortunate.

That sucks. On the positive side he still gets paid for this year and will have time to rehab and compete for a roster spot next year. Get well Mr. Gray.

Damn. I was looking forward to watching him this season. It is always fun rooting for gophers in the NFL.

Torn achilles tendon? I would not wish that on my worst enemy.

so sad to hear this. Just won the starting job there.

That sucks. I hope this isn't a career-ender.

Go Gophers!!

Damn. Hope he gets that same opportunity next year. One of my favorite Gophs.

The report I heard was a torn ACL.

A typical ACL tear would be much better to recover from than a torn achilles tendon.

The older you get the harder it is to recover from one of those and Marquis must be at least 30 by now..

The report I heard was a torn ACL.
It’s been widely reported as a torn Achilles. 2018 is the last year of his contract, so that doesn’t bode well for his return.

Gray has career earnings of a little less than $3 million for 5 years in the NFL, plus his salary for 2018 is $925K. He’s vested for the NFL pension, so he’ll have that income too.

He’s faired far better than most attempting an NFL career. I’m sure he’ll be motivated to continue his career if possible.

Hope he gets another shot somewhere! If he wants it. Tough injury ... teams might look at it, and his age, and decide they'd rather go with a younger guy. Best of luck to him, regardless what he chooses!

A typical ACL tear would be much better to recover from than a torn achilles tendon.

The older you get the harder it is to recover from one of those and Marquis must be at least 30 by now..
He's 28 according to the google.

He's 28 according to the google.

The average age in the NFL is 25 and he'll be 29 when he is recovered.

Considering that the average NFL career is really short - he is getting up there in age.

But yeah, for a librarian he is young.

The average age in the NFL is 25 and he'll be 29 when he is recovered.

Considering that the average NFL career is really short - he is getting up there in age.

But yeah, for a librarian he is young.

The average age is a little deceiving because there are so many players that turn out to be busts and only stick around for a year or two. For a player that gets past the first two years I'm sure the average age is significantly higher (more than the two years).

It's like when people say the average lifespan in the middle ages was 30. That was due to infant mortality. If you lived past 5 years old you had a very good chance of seeing old age (60's even 70's). But a lot of people think that the folks were dying of old age at 35...

It’s been widely reported as a torn Achilles. 2018 is the last year of his contract, so that doesn’t bode well for his return.

Gray has career earnings of a little less than $3 million for 5 years in the NFL, plus his salary for 2018 is $925K. He’s vested for the NFL pension, so he’ll have that income too.

He’s faired far better than most attempting an NFL career. I’m sure he’ll be motivated to continue his career if possible.

He was also doing graduate degree work his last season here. One of my favorite players. He spent a good amount of time talking to my boys after practices.

And people wonder why Leveon Bell in Pittsburg is holding out for a long term contract....

Yeah, in the NFL any contract could be what you live on for the rest of your life.

In other sports you have time to see how things play out, NFL, not so much.

Top Bottom