Clemson at Texas A&M
Kentucky at Florida
Virginia at Indiana
Arkansas at Colorado State
Penn State at Pitt
USC at Stanford
Michigan State at Arizona State
etc.

Besides the Gophers, I'm most interested in ISU vs Iowa, Penn State vs Pitt, MSU vs ASU, and Colorado vs Nebraska.

We should find out about whether week one was a fluke or a trend for some potential conference contenders - Penn State, Michigan State both get P5 road trips after not-so-great wins at home over G5 competition in their openers - while we get our first glimpse of Scott Frost at the helm in Lincoln in a game they might lose, and get a look at Iowa against some real competition. Looking forward to a good weekend of games.

Big Ten:

New Mexico - #5 Wisconsin 11:00 AM BTN Camp Randall Stadium, Madison, WI
Western Michigan - #21 Michigan 11:00 AM FS1 Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, MI
Duke - Northwestern 11:00 AM ESPNU Ryan Field, Evanston, IL
Eastern Michigan - Purdue 11:00 AM BTN Ross-Ade Stadium, West Lafayette, IN
Rutgers - #4 Ohio State 2:30 PM BTN Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH
Colorado - Nebraska 2:30 PM ABCMemorial Stadium , Lincoln, NE
Iowa State - Iowa 4:00 PM FOX Kinnick Stadium, Iowa City, IA
Maryland - Bowling Green 5:00 PM ESPN+ Doyt Perry Stadium, Bowling Green, OH
Virginia - Indiana 6:30 PM Memorial Stadium , Bloomington, IN
Western Illinois - Illinois 6:30 PM Memorial Stadium , Champaign, IL
Fresno State - Minnesota 6:30 PM FS1 TCF Bank Stadium, Minneapolis, MN
#13 Penn State - Pittsburgh 7:00 PM ABC Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA
#15 Michigan State - Arizona State 9:45 PM ESPN Sun Devil Stadium, Tempe, AZ

Some interesting matchups. Will be especially interesting to see how Penn St and Mich St do after their poor performances at home in week 1, with both being on the road against P5 teams.

Iowa St Iowa rivalry should be good. Colorado Nebraska had a bit of a rivalry in the 90's back in the Big XII days. Duke NW, battle of high research private schools.

Iowa catches a break with having to face a tough Iowa State team playing its first game (last week cancelled after four minutes because of lightning). Or maybe it's not a break. I don't know. I think Matt Campbell at Iowa State would have preferred having a game to work out all the kinks, but at least the Cyclones are injury-free.

Similar situation with Nebraska playing its first game - the Frost era postponed a week after its game with Akron wiped away.

I smell home field losses for the Huskers and Hogeyes.....

Cheering for Iowa State. Here's hoping the Cyclones start getting all the instate Iowa recruits.

Mississippi State at Kansas State
Duke at Northwestern
Georgia Tech at South Florida
UCLA at Oklahoma
Georgia at South Carolina
Rutgers at Ohio State
Colorado at Nebraska
North Dakota at Washington
Iowa State at Iowa
Clemson at Texas A&M
Kentucky at Florida
Virginia at Indiana
Penn State at Pitt
USC at Stanford
etc.

Good god. Cover your eyes.

USC at Stanford could be interesting, MSU at The Devils. Iowa vs Iowa State could be fun.

Besides the Gophers, I'm most interested in ISU vs Iowa, Penn State vs Pitt, MSU vs ASU, and Colorado vs Nebraska.

We should find out about whether week one was a fluke or a trend for some potential conference contenders - Penn State, Michigan State both get P5 road trips after not-so-great wins at home over G5 competition in their openers - while we get our first glimpse of Scott Frost at the helm in Lincoln in a game they might lose, and get a look at Iowa against some real competition. Looking forward to a good weekend of games.

List mirrors mine.

Honest question: do we not bother recruiting Iowa kids??

we have a couple of Iowa kids on the roster. I don't think Ia puts out a lot of players, so it's probably not a major focus

EDIT: I take that back, we don't have anyone from Iowa. Royal Silver was from Iowa CC, but originally from Washington. I thought Van Dayne was from Iowa, but he's from Kansas

Last edited:

Mississippi State at Kansas State
Duke at Northwestern
Georgia Tech at South Florida
UCLA at Oklahoma
Georgia at South Carolina
Rutgers at Ohio State
Colorado at Nebraska
North Dakota at Washington
Iowa State at Iowa
Clemson at Texas A&M
Kentucky at Florida
Virginia at Indiana
Penn State at Pitt
USC at Stanford
etc.
Good god. Cover your eyes.

USC at Stanford could be interesting, MSU at The Devils. Iowa vs Iowa State could be fun.

Posting this preemptively:

FDAN_LsH1fZh4nDYK_3GvRU42HA=.gif

Honest question: do we not bother recruiting Iowa kids??

Cody Poock and Austin Schrick are the two that I recall. We poached Schrick from UNI just for him to retire shortly there after.

I think we recruit the same amount of Iowa and Wisconsin kids, which seems to be quite few.

Week 2 - Other Games thread

TCU vs SMU tonight for anyone who wants to watch Friday night football.

we have a couple of Iowa kids on the roster. I don't think Ia puts out a lot of players, so it's probably not a major focus

EDIT: I take that back, we don't have anyone from Iowa. Royal Silver was from Iowa CC, but originally from Washington. I thought Van Dayne was from Iowa, but he's from Kansas

Kieft is from Iowa, same town as Vern Den Herder and Silver is from Iowa as far as I can tell. He went to Washington High School in Cedar Rapids.

OK, not a ton, but definitely a few Iowa kids.

So we don't want Iowa St to gett *all* the in-state recruits! :cool:

OK, not a ton, but definitely a few Iowa kids.

So we don't want Iowa St to gett *all* the in-state recruits! :cool:

I think that there was also a guy named Stogdill from Charles City (Gutey years) and GAry Couch from the Quad Cities (Holtz recruit), but I agree that Iowa is not and will not be fertile recruiting turf for us - smaller population, their people tend to have allegiance to their state and a lot of them grow up hearing bad things about Minnesota. Go Gophers!

New Mexico drove down the field and scored a touchdown on their first drive!

7-0 Lobos over the Badgers

Jeezus. Georgia Tech got a field goal on their first possession. South Florida returned the ensuing kickoff for a touchdown. Tech scored a touchdown on their next possession....and once again....South Florida returned the kickoff for a touchdown. Tech just scored another TD. We'll see what happens on this next kickoff.

HAHAHA! They pooch kicked it!

Wisconsin and Purdue both starting slow.

Duke vs Northwestern, tied a 7.
That's an important one for the Big Ten.

Michigan up early on Fleck's old WMU team, 14-0.

Wisconsin and Purdue both starting slow.

Duke vs Northwestern, tied a 7.
That's an important one for the Big Ten.

Michigan up early on Fleck's old WMU team, 14-0.

Blake Banham a captain on EMU squad...former walk on.

Rob Reeves and Jay Nunez on staff.

That week one NW/Purdue game may have been false advertisement. Both Purdue and Northwestern look BAD.

Wisconsin leading the mighty Lobos 10-7 at 10:00 of the third quarter. Hornibrook just threw an INT at midfield returned by New Mexico to the WI 25.

Edit: Lobos pass picked at the goal line!

Wisconsin leading the mighty Lobos 10-7 at 10:00 of the third quarter. Hornibrook just threw an INT at midfield returned by New Mexico to the WI 25.

Edit: Lobos pass picked at the goal line!

They will stretch it out.
Now up 17-7.

Duke all over NW'ern.

Purdue edging out Eastern Michigan 12-10.
My goodness.

Oh, and Michigan is fine by the way.
Thank you very much.

Top Bottom