Week 2 Other Games Thread

Are they playing baseball in Iowa? Iowa with 64 yards of offense with 4 minutes left in the half. Setting up nicely for a Captain Kirk defeat.

Wow, hell of a game in Nebraska. The Huskers have major problems protecting the ball.

Good thing that other web transferred from Nebraska. That looked like a knee to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good thing that other web transferred from Nebraska. That looked like a knee to me

Yeah, sort of look like it got twisted as he was rolled up on from behind. Hate to see that for a Frosh who was playing awesome in his debut. But yeah, they'll definitely have to play a much different style with this Bunch at QB.

Big penalty on Nebraska

Oh man, egregious helmet to helmet hit by Neb gives CO new life. Probably no chance for CO to make a FG even if it's a catch. Very undisciplined, Purdue-like play late in the game.

TD Buffaloes. Martinez will not return to the field.

Worth noting, last season the Buffs were 5-7 with wins over Oregon State, Colorado State, Texas State, Northern Colorado, and Cal. That is, a very similar resume to the 2017 Gophers.

Umm, Gophers better represent tonight, the BIG West is looking pretty laughable right now.

Turnovers 3, BigTen West 1.

This game just got bigger for the Gophers.

Welp, Maryland really poured it on BGSU in the 2nd half...not close anymore.
PSU in a slugfest with Pitt.
Iowa D played awesome in their tough win over what I think will be a pretty good ISU team.
Illinois up 14-7 on Western Ill at half
Indiana leading Virginia 20-9 at half. IU doesn't look half bad...

And some fun out of conference updates:
NSMU losing 16-10 to Utah St in 2nd quarter.
Miami (OH) down 7-0 to Cincinnatii
Florida St losing 13-0 to Samford at home. That's a fun one.

If Kentucky can beat Florida tonight after 31 years, why can’t we beat Wisc after half that

If Kentucky can beat Florida tonight after 31 years, why can’t we beat Wisc after half that

I remember thinking that back in 2016. That year Tennessee beat Florida for the first time since 2004, Washington beat Oregon for the first time since 2003, and Army beat Navy for the first time since 2001. I wanna say another long running streak or two was snapped, but can't recall which.

Samford still clinging to a 2 point lead against Florida St.

USC having troubles scoring against Stanford.

Both Samford and Stanford winning right now.

With 9:59 left, Florida St missed their 2nd FG from 40-42 yards.

Still down 23-21 to Samford.

(Game is at FLA ST.)

Samford extends lead to 26-21 with just under 8 left.

Couple games still going on, one of them with a Big Ten team.
Spartans lead 6-0 over ASU
Cal leads 14-10 over BYU.
Nothing too spectacular in the ASU vs MSU game yet.

Big TD pass for MSU, extend the lead 13-3. Cal in control against BYU, 21-10.

Claeys led Washington State defense giving up 0 points to SJSU after 3 quarters.

ASU with a big TD pass and the game is tied, 13-13.
Meanwhile, BYU made a late effort and found the endzone, but Cal will win 21-18.

ASU manages the clock and wins with a field goal at the end, 16-13.

Top Bottom