Week 2 Other Games Thread

UCLA is not a contender yet it appears.

Down early 21-7 against OU.
And yes, OU is probably a CFP team.

That week one NW/Purdue game may have been false advertisement. Both Purdue and Northwestern look BAD.

T/Os for NW looking like the difference maker in that game. Bad weatherat Purdue, but yeah, underwhelming performance.

Typical sconnie game...wear them down and pound the rock. 24-7.

My sense from the Bark Board is that Fresno State fans were really counting on UCLA to look good this year to improve their SOS. Let's hope the day only gets worse for the Bulldogs' New Years Six hopes.

How many coaches would have simply taken a knee instead of throwing for a touch down in the Wisconsin/New Mexico game at the end of the 4th quarter?

Purdue about to lose at home to EASTERN MICHIGAN?!

Northwestern getting taken to the house by Duke.

Purdue not looking sharp at QB. Their season might be a long tough one if they can't figure it out. EMU just scored to go up.

How many coaches would have simply taken a knee instead of throwing for a touch down in the Wisconsin/New Mexico game at the end of the 4th quarter?

I don't blame Wisconsin after the voters basically told them in the most recent poll that style points matter. Probably the same reason Jonathan Taylor was still in the game well into the 4th quarter.

I don't blame Wisconsin after the voters basically told them in the most recent poll that style points matter. Probably the same reason Jonathan Taylor was still in the game well into the 4th quarter.

Did the chart say go for two?

So I guess sportsmanship is out the window.

And with the new redshirt rule, we'll probably see more of this type of thing... true freshman backup QB throwing to true freshman backup WR.

Tyler Weigers at EMU after transferring out of Iowa (lost competition vs Stanley). Putting up nice numbers vs Purdue.

Purdue likes to commit stupid penalties at the end of games.

Looks like Purdue is gonna pull it off. Has anybody watched much of the game? PU has over 300 yards rushing (and 500 total), but have 5 turnovers. Wondering how bad/good they've looked. Turnovers change a game so much, obviously...

EDIT: Um, maybe not gonna pull it off. EMU converts a 4th and 15, wow! Unreal. BT, didn't EMU used to wear green?

You may have spoke to soon...
Looks like Purdue is gonna pull it off. Has anybody watched much of the game? PU has over 300 yards rushing (and 500 total), but have 5 turnovers. Wondering how bad/good they've looked. Turnovers change a game so much, obviously...

Last edited:

EDIT: Um, maybe not gonna pull it off. EMU converts a 4th and 15, wow! Unreal. BT, didn't EMU used to wear green?

Doesn't look like it now....

Would everyone still rather have Brohm?

Brohm rumored to be looking to leave already last offseason. Brohm 0-2 at home to start season.

But he went 6-6 instead of 5-7 last year so clearly he is one of the best ever.

Disclaimer:
I actually really like Brohm. My point is that people should never read into one game too much in either a positive or negative way.

Purdue falls. Costly penalties. Personal foul after TD made them kick instead of go for 2. Late hit on third down sack gave EMU first down. PI in final drive. Nobody to blame but themselves

Yikes. Both Purdue and Northwestern look like very winnable games now.

We need to win today. Even Wisconsin looked weak early. We have a real opportunity here.

Go Gophers! Pull it off today and confidence level will go up higher yet. Lets play some discipline ball guys!

Top Bottom