Week 2 Other Games Thread

Nebraska's offense was totally revamped this off-season.

Ordinarily, I root for Big Ten teams in non-con other than Iowa and Wisconsin. This year, the mood around the Gophers and their situation in the Big Ten West feels very different, and I find myself just wanting to see Purdue, Nebraska, and Northwestern fall on their faces.

The BTN TV series curse continues. Wheels coming off the Purdue bandwagon.

Nw and Purdue fall

I'm liking my 7-5 prediction

This feels like it's going to be a Colorado route of Nebraska.

Nebraska needs to stop fumbling.

Big Ten West not having a great start... other than our friends to our east.

B10 West looking awful outside WI today. Gophers have a place to step up into

B10 West looking awful outside WI today. Gophers have a place to step up into

The Iowa -Iowa State game should be interesting to see where the Hawkeyes are at this year

Nebraska's offense looks good. If they hadn't put the ball on the ground twice then the score would be flipped.

So I just got home from the theater after watching The Nun (lame btw) and I see Purdue lost to Eastern Mich and Northwestern got stomped? o_O

I was skeptical of how good Purdue would really be and Northwestern is always somewhat of a question mark, but I did not see that coming. All things considered, though, it could mean the Gophers have a better chance against them so there's that.

As for other games. Oklahoma is looking like a contender again, crushing UCLA. Chip Kelly will need some time I think to turn that thing into what Oregon was. Michigan took its anger out on Western Mich, despite their loss to ND, I think they can have a really good season if they hit their stride. Another game I took notice of was Arizona getting crushed by Houston. Even with that loss, though, I think Kevin Sumlin can still turn Zona into an above average/consistent program, maybe something like Ferentz has at Iowa. While he didn't win big at A&M, he seemed to have them doing somewhat well on a yearly basis.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Nebraska taking control

Huskers a different team with Martinez at QB, but if he's hurt they are up the creek. Offensive line looks better, defense much improved. Will be hard to beat in Lincoln.

Sounds like folks need to slow down on the Jeff Brohm, Purdue savior and better hire than PJ Fleck take from preseason.

Iowa fails capitalize short field

Ordinarily, I root for Big Ten teams in non-con other than Iowa and Wisconsin. This year, the mood around the Gophers and their situation in the Big Ten West feels very different, and I find myself just wanting to see Purdue, Nebraska, and Northwestern fall on their faces.

I completely agree. Seeing the Gophers lumped in at the bottom of preseason rankings Big Ten rankings kind of irks me.

Urbanless Ohio State really taking it to Rutgers

Neb with a bomb passing TD. Would be cool to see if Annexstad can throw a ball like that.

Sounds like folks need to slow down on the Jeff Brohm, Purdue savior and better hire than PJ Fleck take from preseason.

Perhaps. I attribute both them and NW losing today to having to play each other in opening game. They both knew that game was really important for BIG standings and spent entire fall camp prepping to win that game. Had a loss in focus this week because of it and didn’t play as well this causing both to lose. They’ll both still be tough games for us by the time we face them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps. I attribute both them and NW losing today to having to play each other in opening game. They both knew that game was really important for BIG standings and spent entire fall camp prepping to win that game. Had a loss in focus this week because of it and didn’t play as well this causing both to lose. They’ll both still be tough games for us by the time we face them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good teams would have won both games regardless but I agree they will be tough opponents for us

Kansas is ahead of Central Michigan 28-7 at the 9:16 mark of the 4th Quarter. If they hold on, the Jayhawks will end their 46 game road losing streak.

Top Bottom