Man! Fresno St fans don’t think this game is going to be close!

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
I went over to that Barkboard and most all of the guys posting on there are delusional! Most think the Gophs lose by 14 to 21 points, with several using the word “blowout” and predicting a 30+ point win.

I don’t think I’ve seen a more homer fan base in my life. I can’t wait to visit it after the game. Not saying they can’t or aren’t going to win, but if they do it’s not going to be by 2 TD’s or more. Most of them have no respect for Minnesota.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gophers better execute

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have no idea what will happen in this game. I think the Gophers will be somewhat loose and play well maybe because they are young.

I recall the same sort of fan talk when we went down to CSU following their good year. We played a horrible game and still escaped with the win. OTOH I recall a lot of chest beating here before we went down to TCU in 2014 and got our asses handed to us. This game followed TCU’s non-bowling 2013 season that involved something like 5 or 6 near wins. They were a much better team than their record.

We aren’t good enough to expect a win, but if we play well (ie minimal mistakes, good defense, solid special teams )they will not beat us. Will that happen? Tune in Sat night.

I don’t go to other teams chat boards very often, but it was just surprising to me, the consensus. They’ve got Gopherhole beat easy when it comes to homer syndrome. Not much respect at all for Minnesota, or Fleck.

Reminds me of the fans who operate on the theory that the Gophers just "should" _____ insert thing (usually get better while nobody else does) ... because, no reason I guess.

Wow, I shocked that they think they will get blown out. Gophers win in a close one.

I have no idea what is going to happen.

I will be shocked if the Gophers lose by 2 TD’s or more. I just don’t think there is anyway Fresno St comes into the bank for a night game and walks away with an easy win, no way.

They could blow us out, but whatever happens it will be tough to win six this year. Everybody is better, including Purdue, Indiana and Illinois. Can't see us winning at Northwester, Wisconsin, Ohio State, or Nebraska. Maryland will be very tough at home, too. Fresno is a must win.

I won't be surprised with any outcome...14+ victory either way.

They scored 79 points on a terrible team and haven’t won on the road against a P5 team in a long time. I know this is a different coaching staff and team but the idea they will suddenly break a losing streak like that with a blowout win seems far fetched. If they win it will be close and if the final margin of victory is greater than 7 it will be due to a late score to make it a two possession game for us.

They could blow us out, but whatever happens it will be tough to win six this year. Everybody is better, including Purdue, Indiana and Illinois. Can't see us winning at Northwester, Wisconsin, Ohio State, or Nebraska. Maryland will be very tough at home, too. Fresno is a must win.

Hey, the Fresno State board is wide open, and could use your help. Join today. Geezus.

I will be shocked if the Gophers lose by 2 TD’s or more. I just don’t think there is anyway Fresno St comes into the bank for a night game and walks away with an easy win, no way.

That's homeresk, we have a QB with 1 game of experience. A pick six and a fumble on the 25 (again) and we're there. I was also thoroughly unimpressed by our pass rushing in game one. If their QB can toss a ball and a few receivers actually catch them (unlike New Mexico S last weekend) - this game could get long. In other words, we're not there yet. There is no sure anything.

2eNu.gif

There's so much wrong with this post I don't know where to start.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I don’t go to other teams chat boards very often, but it was just surprising to me, the consensus. They’ve got Gopherhole beat easy when it comes to homer syndrome. Not much respect at all for Minnesota, or Fleck.

Sounds like Gopherhole to me...

Top Bottom