Ken Handy-Holly

It's been reported that he didn't necessarily choose to "transfer" on his own...

Remember when the Iwoa tight end out ran him? Not as speedy as i thought he would be.

Recruiting is a hit and miss game. Some kids that were great in HS or JC never pan out when faced with competition that are stiffer, faster, or stronger at the D1 level. There are a handful that are as advertised.

Remember when the Iwoa tight end out ran him? Not as speedy as i thought he would be.

that was Justus Harris, not KHH.

And the Iowa TE was Noah Fant, who is expected to be a 1st round NFL pick when he comes out.

Interesting. I hope things work out for him.

Rumored would've been the way to phrase it. Ryan Burns has hinted as much on his pod.

I had only heard "culture fit" but again, it's really hard to believe this all of the time.
I have a feeling if you ask the right people, no one ever decides to leave Minnesota. It's always the U's choice.

That’s right, my bad.
Fant, the one who got away.

Were we in the running for him?? His 247sports profile says he committed to Iowa in Aug 2015, but then it says Nebraska and us offered him that fall/winter, and then Jan 2016 he committed to Iowa again, before signing. Maybe soft vs hard commit, whatever those mean. (I'm obviously not a recruiting expert)

Were we in the running for him?? His 247sports profile says he committed to Iowa in Aug 2015, but then it says Nebraska and us offered him that fall/winter, and then Jan 2016 he committed to Iowa again, before signing. Maybe soft vs hard commit, whatever those mean. (I'm obviously not a recruiting expert)

Yes I believe he visited in the fall of 2015 and was considering if I recall correctly.

Yes I believe he visited in the fall of 2015 and was considering if I recall correctly.

Thanks.

Would be interesting to see what we'd do with a guy like that, talented receiving TE. I'm sure he's good at blocking too. I guess we have a guy in that mold in Seth Green, on the receiving side at least, and they got him out of the TE position. I could easily be wrong, and maybe it will change/evolve over the season, but this offense does not seem to value or utilize TE who can catch the ball on routes. They seem to be mostly steamroller blockers.

Thanks.

Would be interesting to see what we'd do with a guy like that, talented receiving TE. I'm sure he's good at blocking too. I guess we have a guy in that mold in Seth Green, on the receiving side at least, and they got him out of the TE position. I could easily be wrong, and maybe it will change/evolve over the season, but this offense does not seem to value or utilize TE who can catch the ball on routes. They seem to be mostly steamroller blockers.

Yeah me too. I’m not sure if Ciarrocca used the TE position much for receiving at W Michigan?
Certainly a Maxx Williams or Fant type of player can create a lot of mismatches.
Supposedly Fresno State has a good receiving TE as well. Not sure how the defense will cover that (LB or Safety).

Cleays recruited Fant as a DE if memory serves me correctly.

His 247sports recruiting profile says "weakside" DE. I don't think DE's change the side of the field? Or maybe that's more of a 3-4 thing, in reference to OLB that line up on or near the line of scrimmage?

Yeah me too. I’m not sure if Ciarrocca used the TE position much for receiving at W Michigan?
Certainly a Maxx Williams or Fant type of player can create a lot of mismatches.
Supposedly Fresno State has a good receiving TE as well. Not sure how the defense will cover that (LB or Safety).

Slap Winfield on him! Fant too!

Top Bottom