Vikings sign Jalen Myrick to practice squad

UpAndUnder43

Reaction score
Vikings have added former Gopher Jalen Myrick to their practice squad, replacing the injured Jack Tocho.

I'd think he is a potential special teams contributor if there are injuries. I know he was with Jacksonville but I don't think he had a ton of defensive snaps.

Hopefully turns out to be another Jaguars mistake like cutting BBC

jKQeXPS.gif

Give him a chance to return and cover kicks on the active roster and Myrick will have an impact.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Nice!

I feel the Vikings in recent years (I feel like it started when they shared a homefield) have been giving former Gophers and local kids more chances than in the past. Its a nice relationship that the two football teams seem to have started.

Give him a chance to return and cover kicks on the active roster and Myrick will have an impact.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Glad he's getting an opportunity to work with Zimmer, George Edwards, and Jerry Gray.

The Vikings defense and especially defensive backfield is pretty loaded already (CB: Rhodes, Waynes, Hughes, Alexander, Hill, Sherels. Safety: Smith, Sendejo, Iloka, Harris, Kearse). There's not much room even if he practices really well. I hope he tears it up this season and next year with the Vikes potentially having some tough decisions on the horizon with Waynes and Alexander maybe he can step in. Of course if there's injuries this season maybe he gets a chance, but as a die hard Vikings and Gopher fan I hope his opportunity comes next year.

Top Bottom