Weather vs Fresno St

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
The weather looks nearly perfect for an early September Saturday night game. Temperatures at kickoff should be around 70 with low humidity and light wind. Temps will fall into the low to mid 60s as the game goes on.

The weather looks nearly perfect for an early September Saturday night game. Temperatures at kickoff should be around 70 with low humidity and light wind. Temps will fall into the low to mid 60s as the game goes on.

Thank goodness.

I'm glad this thread was started by GopherWeatherGuy... anyone else would have been a disappointment.

Make sure to keep your Weather.com app updated as the week goes on. Otherwise we'll have trouble monitoring the forecast.

Now we're doomed. The meteorologist predicted it would be nice weather. Rain for sure now. ;)

Now we're doomed. The meteorologist predicted it would be nice weather. Rain for sure now. ;)

You should be in the clear then, since GWG isn't a meteorologist. (I guess you could've heard it elsewhere from an actual meteorologist, if that's what you were referring to.)

Tempted to buy tickets to the game just to experience the perfect fall day

Fresno St won't know what to do. It's in the upper 90's there right now.

You should be in the clear then, since GWG isn't a meteorologist. (I guess you could've heard it elsewhere from an actual meteorologist, if that's what you were referring to.)

Oh really? That's news to me. Please tell me more about my life that I'm apparently unaware of.

Fresno St won't know what to do. It's in the upper 90's there right now.

This is where swingman chimes in saying that the Gophers have an advantage because Fresno St is only used to training in hot/smokey conditions. They won't be able to handle cool, clean air.

Oh really? That's news to me. Please tell me more about my life that I'm apparently unaware of.

You've said many times on this board in the past that you don't work in the industry any longer. Has that changed?

You've said many times on this board in the past that you don't work in the industry any longer. Has that changed?

I'm still a trained meteorologist and was paid to do it for 8 years. You are correct, I don't currently forecast for a full time job but that doesn't mean I have forgotten how to do it. I still forecast regularly on the side.

I only read this thread to see if the inevitable "who cares about the weather, just play football" post had been submitted yet. Someone is asleep at the switches.

For what it is worth, as a regular tailgating Gopher fan that often brings guests to games - the weather for home games is very important to me and I always keep close tabs on that. Glad to hear this one is shaping up to be perfect.

I only read this thread to see if the inevitable "who cares about the weather, just play football" post had been submitted yet. Someone is asleep at the switches.

For what it is worth, as a regular tailgating Gopher fan that often brings guests to games - the weather for home games is very important to me and I always keep close tabs on that. Glad to hear this one is shaping up to be perfect.

Yep, though you gotta remember that the vast majority of people on here aren't Season Tickets holders and/or rarely go to games.

I'm still a trained meteorologist and was paid to do it for 8 years. You are correct, I don't currently forecast for a full time job but that doesn't mean I have forgotten how to do it. I still forecast regularly on the side.

Aren't former presidents still referred to as "President"?

And do a great job! Appreciate your weather posts GWG.

Vegas has Weather a seven point favorite vs Fresno State.

I'd agree that those temperatures are not too oppressive, but humidity percentage can be a misleading number. The dewpoint temperature is a far better measure of humidity...

So the dew point will be...? :cool:

This kind of weather, a good opponent makes for a great football game to be played. Bank is gonna be rocking tonight! Go Gophers.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Top Bottom