Fresno Game Depth Chart Out: Zack, Rodney, Ko to start, Mo at 2-deep

Good to hear as to the injuries. A defensive back is a person who takes criticism lightly and will tread on you if you come his way on the field.

What is a (defensive back)

PE, the "(defensive back)" designation is IMO the Nickel (5 DB) package extra position. This was my guess last week in a previous Depth Chart thread. Don't remember any comments with a better explanation but that still doesn't make it correct. Can't see what else it would be.

Look like another winning lineup!

Looks to be exactly the same as week 1, off memory at least?

PE, the "(defensive back)" designation is IMO the Nickel (5 DB) package extra position. This was my guess last week in a previous Depth Chart thread. Don't remember any comments with a better explanation but that still doesn't make it correct. Can't see what else it would be.

I concur, but that unfortunately does not make the previous statement any more valid. Seems like it means the defensive back most likely to be subbed out on running downs when we stack the box. Otherwise, they play that nickel spot. Anyone else have a guess/insight?

Most likely correct but one then wonders whether there ought to be a (linebacker) position.

They list 12 defensive positions. That’s why parentheses. It’s the nickel back.

Is Femi-Cole still on the team? i though he looked good last year and he averaged 6 yards a carry.

They list 12 defensive positions. That’s why parentheses. It’s the nickel back.

I get it. I’m simply saying it seems like an odd thing to list, but also totally ok if they don’t want to stick to the more traditional “base” defense for purposes of the (perhaps accurate?) position chart. Players will come in and out all the time based on the calls. Shall we list a (tight end) or (wide receiver)?

Good to hear as to the injuries. A defensive back is a person who takes criticism lightly and will tread on you if you come his way on the field.

Not sure what this means for Mo getting into the game. At worst, he's likely day to day. The way PJ handles the depth chart, I wouldn't bet on seeing him play against Fresno.

I wouldn't read in to the depth chart that guys that are still listed at the top of the depth chart will definitely start. I believe Demitrious Douglas was still listed as a starter last year for the game after he was lost for the season. I do think it will be interesting to watch how many of the redshirt eligible players listed as backups get in to a game that should be much more competitive and further if anyone who didn't play last week plays this week in some sort of rotation (ex It doesn't appear that Nate Umlor played against NMSU but Ahanotu and Teague both did at DT).

Has Fresno State released it depth chart?

I wouldn't read in to the depth chart that guys that are still listed at the top of the depth chart will definitely start. I believe Demitrious Douglas was still listed as a starter last year for the game after he was lost for the season.

+1 agree, PJ's depth charts aren't meaningful, I think Antoine was still listed most of the year last year after his injury as well

PJ maximizes "gamesmanship" as much as legally possible. He'll never give anything away, regarding if a guy is actually going to play or not.

That is allowed, per the rules. He runs the ship

Publishing an accurate depth chart is just a courtesy that the program does for the fans and analysts. It doesn't put the team at a disadvantage. Just my stupid opinion.

PJ maximizes "gamesmanship" as much as legally possible. He'll never give anything away, regarding if a guy is actually going to play or not.

That is allowed, per the rules. He runs the ship

If that's actually the case, pretty sure opposing coaches know and ignore.

Publishing an accurate depth chart is just a courtesy that the program does for the fans and analysts. It doesn't put the team at a disadvantage. Just my stupid opinion.

I thought that now there was some more emphasis on putting out accurate charts because of the increase in sports betting. It'll be interesting to see if that actually happens...

Top Bottom