P.J. Fleck Show is on KFAN Now

Really cool. And yet there are still some people out there that think Fleck only cares about himself.

I don't feel that way anymore, but he does come on very strong. It took me nearly a year to warm up to him but I like him now. The others will come around.

Hey guys, you’re getting trolled. Ozzy &Ray have NEVER been to a Gophers game. And no he doesn’t have basketball tickets. If I were a betting person, I would bet he resides in the State to our East.

Yep, never been to a game. Those 20 years of season tickets didn’t happen. If I don’t love Fleck, I must not be a Gopher fan. However if you can make fun of a coaches weight, you are.

I’ve been tied to the Gophs longer than you have been posting, and don’t think I had a post with a negative tone pre-PJ and Coyle. That’s alright. Some of you think PJ is the answer. I don’t. Other than some of you here, most just laugh at him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, never been to a game. Those 20 years of season tickets didn’t happen. If I don’t love Fleck, I must not be a Gopher fan. However if you can make fun of a coaches weight, you are.

I’ve been tied to the Gophs longer than you have been posting, and don’t think I had a post with a negative tone pre-PJ and Coyle. That’s alright. Some of you think PJ is the answer. I don’t. Other than some of you here, most just laugh at him.

I guess it's time for an intervention, I believe you've hit bottom. No smiley face for you, I'm serious.

You seem really angry.
At some point, you just need to come to peace with whatever issues you have in your past that are bothering you.
To care and to not care that much about football team that you post this much, yet dislike the coach, it doesn't seem healthy.

If you had a traumatic issue, I'd recommend EMDR therapy.

You seem really angry.
At some point, you just need to come to peace with whatever issues you have in your past that are bothering you.
To care and to not care that much about football team that you post this much, yet dislike the coach, it doesn't seem healthy.

If you had a traumatic issue, I'd recommend EMDR therapy.

:) ok Heather

I guess it's time for an intervention, I believe you've hit bottom. No smiley face for you, I'm serious.

You’re funny. If you don’t like PJ, you must be unhappy. LOL.

No, let's just run everyone off who doesn't scream RTB.

No need to run anyone off, but you're probably bringing up the RTB more than any poster in this thread.
Others have seemed to ignore it or embrace it fine without needing to resurface it as part of a debate repeatedly.

What's your solution?

Like, all the Gopher Holers should change their mind and agree with you that RTB is a bad idea, and we should all write to Coyle and Kaler and protest?
Despite what Fleck is doing, we are so mad about Oars on our uniforms, we demand a coaching change.

1. It's unlikely it would work.
2. Chance are we would look like bigger idiots for starting something as trivial as protesting uniforms and sayings.

So with that option out, we can silently sit back and watch the team and choose to wish for success or failure. Success in that we enjoy a good product, or failure so we can all get rid of the RTB stuff and get back to traditional football as you see it.

In the wish for failure option, we'd get rid of Fleck sooner if that's our goal, but with that said, it isn't going to happen until the end of 2020 at the earliest. That's a long time to wish misery upon the program you love. If you want misery, being a Vikings fan would be a good option as well.

I see Ozzy&Ray hit on all of his favorite talking points.

Sprinting and oars are bad, Fleck is only out for himself, only a small number of fans like Fleck, got rid of his season tickets and his all time favorite how hated the previous coach was even though the previous coach wasn’t even mentioned.

Last edited:

How many of them had players carrying oars or the equivalent? On helmets? How many of them sprinted ahead of every player to be center of attention? How many spring at end of quarters in middle of field to be seen? Give me a break.

Ozzy, got a question for you; If Fleck’s Gophers start winning will you come back? By winning I mean win 9 to 10 games a year, beat Wisconsin, be in the Big Ten Championship game hunt. What would it take for you to come back? Or are you out til PJ is out?

Yeah...That's what you do.

Either you're on my team, or you're not.

Stating that you're staying away until Fleck "proves" it to you, is not being on my team.

I hope Rosen's wife survives.

Ozzy&Ray is a troll, just go away.

I'm on the Fleck bandwagon. Hell, I might be driving it. He is a good human being. He wants good people around him. If the team is consistently successful (7-10 wins), he graduates kids, they don't get arrested, he doesn't beat his wife, he doesn't abuse his kids, he doesn't abuse the players, he doesn't cover up sexual assaults/assaults/pedophilia...then I think we could do 10000x worse. The only reason I start with a successful team is that a coach doesn't last long going 3-9.

This debate is silly.

PJ Fleck initially rubbed me the wrong way with his RTB. The more I see, the more I think it's genuine. I have a lot of respect for him. I'm still it's SKI U MAH, not ROW THE BOAT, but I'll take the quirks knowing he backs it up and has team backing up the culture. He'll be judged on wins, and I think he'll get us there.

If he gets us to rose bowl, I'll get a an Oar Tattoo

I don't scream RTB and haven't been ran off or felt ran off.

I'm not going to cheer for him to fail because I don't like RTB

Yeah...That's what you do.

Either you're on my team, or you're not.

Stating that you're staying away until Fleck "proves" it to you, is not being on my team.

I have never once said I'm staying away until Fleck proves anything to me. He doesn't have to prove anything to me. He is who he is, and I'm not buying it. That's ok, as he says, "He's not for everyone."

I'm not cheering for the Gophers to lose, unlike many of the so-called Gopher fans who strongly support Fleck have done with past coaches so they could get who they wanted. I don't want to see the program suffer. Mason made progress, and then Brewster was a mistake. Kill built it back up to being competitive. I hope Fleck keeps it there and takes it higher, and that he acknowledges those who came ahead of him who built the strong foundation he inherited. He didn't have to work hard on his culture as the players were already going to class, working out hard, etc.

You haven't seen me criticize his on-field coaching. I just don't buy his schtick, and believe he is insincere. My biggest frustration is with many of my fellow "fans" who think it was ok to cheer against past coaches as they did, but you cannot voice displeasure with the approach of PJ.

As I said in a previous post, he will have kids screw up. I will not blame PJ because he cannot follow 100+ players around all night. I have seen some of them doing some pretty dumb things since he's been here (not on the level of what happened Fall 2016). It's not his fault they are doing dumb things.

I like pushing the buttons of FtFs, GWG, etc who jump to PJ's defense at any perceived slight. Yet, they are the same individuals who were cheering against the previous head coach and his staff, calling them names, etc. If you are a Gopher fan, you don't cheer against the coach.

I will not, have not, cheered against the team. I do not, and will not, like PJs approach - I think it's self-centered and dumb. If it works for him, great. I don't know that it will, but we will see.

Most of your neighbors in Madison? Every single face-to-face conversation I have had about Fleck has been positive.

Most of your neighbors in Madison? Every single face-to-face conversation I have had about Fleck has been positive.

Nope. I live in suburban Minneapolis, and am a lifelong Gopher fan.

I have never once said I'm staying away until Fleck proves anything to me. He doesn't have to prove anything to me. He is who he is, and I'm not buying it. That's ok, as he says, "He's not for everyone."

I'm not cheering for the Gophers to lose, unlike many of the so-called Gopher fans who strongly support Fleck have done with past coaches so they could get who they wanted. I don't want to see the program suffer. Mason made progress, and then Brewster was a mistake. Kill built it back up to being competitive. I hope Fleck keeps it there and takes it higher, and that he acknowledges those who came ahead of him who built the strong foundation he inherited. He didn't have to work hard on his culture as the players were already going to class, working out hard, etc.

You haven't seen me criticize his on-field coaching. I just don't buy his schtick, and believe he is insincere. My biggest frustration is with many of my fellow "fans" who think it was ok to cheer against past coaches as they did, but you cannot voice displeasure with the approach of PJ.

As I said in a previous post, he will have kids screw up. I will not blame PJ because he cannot follow 100+ players around all night. I have seen some of them doing some pretty dumb things since he's been here (not on the level of what happened Fall 2016). It's not his fault they are doing dumb things.

I like pushing the buttons of FtFs, GWG, etc who jump to PJ's defense at any perceived slight. Yet, they are the same individuals who were cheering against the previous head coach and his staff, calling them names, etc. If you are a Gopher fan, you don't cheer against the coach.

I will not, have not, cheered against the team. I do not, and will not, like PJs approach - I think it's self-centered and dumb. If it works for him, great. I don't know that it will, but we will see.

I'm not sure anyone here "cheered" against past coaches

I haven't either.

It sure seems like you are cheering against this coach or hoping for some kind of I told you so moment. We all get it you don’t like his schtick, but it wouldn’t hurt for you to move on to something less negative and predictable.

If he wins then most MN fans will rally around and defend him vs real and perceived shortcomings from the legions of outside detractors (see Meyer, Urban).

If he has a middling to mediocre run fans will turn on him (see Mason, Glen; Kill, Jerry).

Having issues with some parts of his personality is nothing new - Claeys was too quiet, Mason too arrogant, Jerry too country and the list goes on. Obviously I have my own issues and suspicions with his personality but Imcan appreciate his positive attributes as well and can recognize why others like him.

Yes, they did. The individuals I listed did that openly against Claeys just a couple of years ago. They will probably jump on me for bringing him up, and I'm not defending him and advocating for him to still be the coach. I have said repeatedly Coyle had every right to make a change, but he messed it up entirely. That's behind us. I just can't stand the "fans" who are all things PJ and expect everyone to be, yet they openly cheered for a new coach throughout 2016. You can't have it both ways.

Once again, I have never cheered against the current staff. Despite being 5-7 last year, I never said, "This isn't going to work. Time for a change. Coach doesn't know what he is doing..."

A lot of people cheered against Brewster and Claeys (at least) in my 20 years as a Gopher fan - I assume there were others in the years prior. Claeys is basically a punchline on this forum here and now, despite the fact that he has the best Big Ten winning percentage of any Gophers football head coach since Cal Stoll and is probably the best Gophers DC since at least the glory years.

A lot of people cheered against Brewster and Claeys (at least) in my 20 years as a Gopher fan - I assume there were others in the years prior. Claeys is basically a punchline on this forum here and now, despite the fact that he has the best Big Ten winning percentage of any Gophers football head coach since Cal Stoll and is probably the best Gophers DC since at least the glory years.

Well, I do agree Brewster got picked on, but had he lead a successful program, that would've stopped. Brewster was a bad hire

I don't recall Claey's getting picked on. Few unneeded comments about his weight.

I supported Claey's, but I don't think he's a P5 HC. I think he's better suited to be a DC. And I say that as someone who liked Claeys. I was initially a bit miffed at his dismissal and how it went down, but time to move on

All seems childish.

It sure seems like you are cheering against this coach or hoping for some kind of I told you so moment. We all get it you don’t like his schtick, but it wouldn’t hurt for you to move on to something less negative and predictable.

There were all kinds of moments last year, and I didn't do it. I have also said, in advance, that when players screw up (they are 18-23 and someone will), I won't blame PJ. Despite not liking his approach, just as coaches before him, I know he has communicated high expectations for kids off the field. If 1, 2 or 5 screw up, it isn't his fault.

What is bugging me more than anything is a handful of active posters who so ardently cheered against our past staff and now so ardently cheer for the current one, and expect everyone to have the same enthusiasm for everything the coach does. They can't have it both ways. Yes, I need to quit letting them bug me. Likely, they will at some point turn on PJ if he doesn't win enough for them after a few years, has a kid screw up, etc.

Top Bottom