P.J. Fleck Show is on KFAN Now

Iceland12

Reaction score
From Joe Senser's with Mike Grimm and Mark Rosen.

Opened iHeartRadio 3 times today for Burns on with PA twice and now this and got served 3 30 second ads. What a crappy app.

Sounds like the intent was to get many freshman on the field for the first time so if called upon it won't be their first any longer.
Dunlop and Faalele both big red-shirt candidates.

Mark Rosen was back on the air and he lead off by Thanking PJ and the team. The Gopher's players wrote letters to Rosen wishing him well while his wife goes through her medical issues.

Total class by the team.
Every week it seems there is a positive story about PJ Fleck's team.

Mark Rosen was back on the air and he lead off by Thanking PJ and the team. The Gopher's players wrote letters to Rosen wishing him well while his wife goes through her medical issues.

Total class by the team.

These guys are learning more weekly than the general public learns on how to be a 1st class citizen, neighbor, husband, student, etc.

Total class by the team.

Really cool. And yet there are still some people out there that think Fleck only cares about himself.

People forget, or choose not to remember PJ's last 2 places of growth he preaches:

Spiritual & social growth. Those might be the 2 most important kinds of growth.

Really cool. And yet there are still some people out there that think Fleck only cares about himself.

Preach from the regulars. Yep, PJ is way different than other coaches. Nope, he just makes sure everyone knows about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Preach from the regulars. Yep, PJ is way different than other coaches. Nope, he just makes sure everyone knows about it.

?????? I take it you don't support Fleck? I'm sure also that we don't hear everything that Fleck does as well with the team. Not sure where you're going with your comments. Can you clarify?

And yet, the only reason we know about this is because Rosen told people. Not Fleck, not anyone associated with the program.

LOL...

Please share why that was so funny.

By the way, I saw multiple coaches leading their team onto the field this past weekend. Jim Harbaugh, Brian Kelly, Dabo Swinney, Nick Saban, Urban Meyer and others do it all the time.

It was really good comedy when Fleck said, "New Mexico State is a really good football team."
I also got a chuckle our of him calling Jeff Tedford one of the greatest coaches in college football history.

I know that's all coach-speak, but dial it back a few notches.

Please share why that was so funny.

By the way, I saw multiple coaches leading their team onto the field this past weekend. Jim Harbaugh, Brian Kelly, Dabo Swinney, Nick Saban, Urban Meyer and others do it all the time.

How many of them had players carrying oars or the equivalent? On helmets? How many of them sprinted ahead of every player to be center of attention? How many spring at end of quarters in middle of field to be seen? Give me a break.

How many of them had players carrying oars or the equivalent? On helmets? How many of them sprinted ahead of every player to be center of attention? How many spring at end of quarters in middle of field to be seen? Give me a break.

Ozzie and Ray, you are just trying to hard to dislike him. Lighten up and enjoy life a little.

Ozzie and Ray, you are just trying to hard to dislike him. Lighten up and enjoy life a little.

O&R is the greatest Gopher fan ever. He is only protecting us from the evil hypno-effects of the dastardly PJF. Those oars, those oars! They will be the end of us all, but only O&R sees it, only he can save us all.

Wish they could play Dunlop

Sounds like the intent was to get many freshman on the field for the first time so if called upon it won't be their first any longer.

The little I saw of him, he was just mauling people and putting people on the ground. That dude is strong as a Bull Moose, or Ox, you need lineman like that
with mass that can push people off the line of scrimmage. Maybe he needs work on his footwork or pass protection, coaches have seen him a lot more than I have but
Dunlop just scream Big 10 level lineman. Have not seen that kind of physicality in some time. Watch the DVR he was whipping people.

I’m enjoying life. Met PJ and think he’s a clown :) Happy though. Looking forward to Gopher hoops as I got season tickets there instead of football. As Philly would say, I’m not needed at the stadium because PJ is selling so many tix.

O&R is the greatest Gopher fan ever. He is only protecting us from the evil hypno-effects of the dastardly PJF. Those oars, those oars! They will be the end of us all, but only O&R sees it, only he can save us all.

Yep, those 35,000 seats without season ticket holders love the oars.

?????? I take it you don't support Fleck? I'm sure also that we don't hear everything that Fleck does as well with the team. Not sure where you're going with your comments. Can you clarify?

I was weirded out by Fleck last year, not this year now. I have gotten used to his sayings and am starting to understand some of what he means by teaching things outside of football, that matter to his culture. We have not had anything or anyone like him as a coach and the results have not been at least against the rivals what we have hoped for. Yes the Gophers have had some relative success in football but not sustained or long term. Would be nice if he could build the product up where the fans would want to come out buy the tickets and watch this team live. Gotta give coach a chance yes he is different, but we look like we have needed different for some time now.
Administration could help to if they would create a fan zone experience on or Near the Northrup Mall. I'm not talking full blown tailgating, but some music, some corn hole games, some food stands like (fundraisers for local charity) like being able to buy some hot dogs and hamburgers, a large screen showing college football, maybe a wrist banded beer garden that limits you to 2- beers or cocktails. Would be nice if they could do the plaza pregame show with the Cheerleaders, the band and Goldy over on the Northrup Plaza. Since there never going to close down University AVE, and MacNamara alumni center is often private events, would be nice for a space to gather that would connect fans to the campus mall, and people could see the beauty of College game day and how much fun it can really be. Kind of like we had in front of the Metrodome that plaza and street out front. There just isn't a good place any closer than Northrup Mall in my Opinion that could handle a large gathering of people throwing footballs around, playing cornhole. Would help bring people over sooner if we could gather some kind of centralized location to catch pre-game. Goal line club could ring up some registers a little bit if they could have a beer garden by Northrup and have the band plaza show over there in my opinion, them playing on the steps over their project that sound of that many people would be pretty dang cool.

Last edited:

Rosen also thanked everybody who had supported him and his wife through her treatments. Know too many couples that have, and still are, going through that. Nice of Fleck and the team to signal their support too.

Also worth saying that Fleck sounded relaxed and conversational throughout the show. Would usually say "IMHO", but my Wife and fellow Season Ticket Holder said "He sounds like he's just talking to him (Rosen) rather than just giving slogans".

He did. Heard him "just talk" a number of times before. Hard not to like the guy when you hear that side of him.

Now some of his "supporters"...;)

With Rosen bringing it up and not Fleck, I think it's safe to assume the team is doing many other notable things that Fleck isn't putting out for public consumption.

I think the Flecktics assume Fleck is screaming from the rooftops every time he does something so this is probably somewhat shocking to them in that PJ didn't say it.

Rosen also thanked everybody who had supported him and his wife through her treatments. Know too many couples that have, and still are, going through that. Nice of Fleck and the team to signal their support too.

Also worth saying that Fleck sounded relaxed and conversational throughout the show. Would usually say "IMHO", but my Wife and fellow Season Ticket Holder said "He sounds like he's just talking to him (Rosen) rather than just giving slogans".

He did. Heard him "just talk" a number of times before. Hard not to like the guy when you hear that side of him.

Now some of his "supporters"...;)

I like PJ when he is "just talking". He seems genuine and "normal". His pre-made videos (especially early on) were a lot to take in and I can see where it put some people off. I am ok with it though as I think some of the casual fans might be into that type of PR.

In the end though, he needs to win football games. Hopefully sooner than later.

I’m enjoying life. Met PJ and think he’s a clown :) Happy though. Looking forward to Gopher hoops as I got season tickets there instead of football. As Philly would say, I’m not needed at the stadium because PJ is selling so many tix.

Wow, when I first read your earlier comment, I couldn't figure out what the issue was with you. After reading a few more posts I'm deciding its not what the issue is with you is, but rather wonder what all your issues are. If you're that miserable about Gopher Football, why do you post here? Then I think, well its because you're miserable and depress and just not a nice guy to be around and try to bring other people down. You need some help but doubt if you'll get it as most of the people who need help refuse help.

^ This and your other comments on this thread are so over the top that there is no doubt that you are denying yourself a man crush. It may be subconscious, but we see right through it fella. Embrace it. Let it out.

Last edited:

I see what you did there, nice pun.

I was wondering if this "get one game in early as a motivator" was part of PJs plan for Dunlop and Faalele (and others). Going up against NM State as your first game is a lot nicer than doing it against Ohio State. They've gotten in on a game, had success so confidence is dialed up, which motivates them to get back in again as the season rolls on. It gives them a better idea of what to expect, what to observe during these upcoming games, and creates video for other recruits (I gotta think clips of them playing are making the rounds and IMG this week). Before the game started I was thinking PJ would hold all four of their games for the later part of the season, but in hindsight, I like it.

Win baby win, and everyone will love the gimmicks.

Last edited:

Yep, those 35,000 seats without season ticket holders love the oars.

Hey guys, you’re getting trolled. Ozzy &Ray have NEVER been to a Gophers game. And no he doesn’t have basketball tickets. If I were a betting person, I would bet he resides in the State to our East.

Wow, when I first read your earlier comment, I couldn't figure out what the issue was with you. After reading a few more posts I'm deciding its not what the issue is with you is, but rather wonder what all your issues are. If you're that miserable about Gopher Football, why do you post here? Then I think, well its because you're miserable and depress and just not a nice guy to be around and try to bring other people down. You need some help but doubt if you'll get it as most of the people who need help refuse help.

Yep, miserable :)

Top Bottom