ESPN: College football bowl projections after Week 1

I can't recall when it was that I wished I could see the Gophers play in the Taxslayer bowl.

Jacksonville, Florida... sounds like a nice place to visit. Better than some bowls.

I usually put a lot of stock into CBS' take....but 0-2 NMSU bowling and not Minn? k...

And in a Big Ten at large spot to boot. Those NMSU cats were pretty bad I'm not sure where they are going to find 6 teams to beat. Clearly CBS doesn't think we'll find 5 more.

Jacksonville, Florida... sounds like a nice place to visit. Better than some bowls.

I think that's pretty spot on based on the the bowl match ups and constraints an 8-4 Gophs will have that takes Citrus and Holiday out of the picture, and assuming the Outback snubs them. I'll be there.

Penn State, Michigan and MSU all were unimpressive.

10-2, 9-3 will get Gophers to a very good bowl, sell a lot of seats for 2019, help land next tier recruits.

Start with sweeping non-con, non Power 5 teams at home.

Take care of business versus Illinois, Nebraska, Indiana, Purdue, Maryland.

Get one or two from Northwestern, Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State.

True frosh Annexstad, T Smith, Bateman, Dunlap, Fa’alele, Rush, Howden, Williams look good.

Redshirt frosh Andries, Ibrahim, AutmanBell, Douglas, Otomewo, Mafe, Morgan, Schmitz look good.

Vets Weyler, Greene, Smith, Johnson, Olson, Schlueter, Dovich, Oseland, Kieft, Witham, Beebe, Moore, OJ Smith, DeLattiboudere, Coughlin, Devers, Renner, Barber, Martin, Cashman, Kiondre, Shenault, Durr, Huff, Winfield, Swenson, Carpenter, Herbers, Jordahl, Howard, Morse, Geary, Schoenfelder look good.

This team is a 10-2 team: downside 8-4, upside 12-0.

Last edited:

I think that's pretty spot on based on the the bowl match ups and constraints an 8-4 Gophs will have that takes Citrus and Holiday out of the picture, and assuming the Outback snubs them. I'll be there.

JAX is definitely not Detroit.

Penn State, Michigan and MSU all were unimpressive.

10-2, 9-3 will get Gophers to a very good bowl, sell a lot of seats for 2019, help land next tier recruits.

Start with sweeping non-con, non Power 5 teams at home.

Take care of business versus Illinois, Nebraska, Indiana, Purdue, Maryland.

Get one or two from Northwestern, Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio State.

True frosh Annexstad, T Smith, Bateman, Dunlap, Fa’alele, Rush, Howden, Williams look good.

Redshirt frosh Andries, Ibrahim, AutmanBell, Douglas, Otomewo, Mafe, Morgan, Schmitz look good.

Vets Weyler, Greene, Smith, Johnson, Olson, Schlueter, Dovich, Oseland, Kieft, Witham, Beebe, Moore, OJ Smith, DeLattiboudere, Coughlin, Devers, Renner, Barber, Martin, Cashman, Huff, Winfield, Swenson, Carpenter, Herbers, Jordahl, Howard, Morse, Geary, Schoenfelder look good.

This team is a 10-2 team: downside 8-4, upside 12-0.

Looks like another case of heavy drinking and posting.

Top Bottom