Braylon Edwards suspended from TV gig as feud with Jim Harbaugh intensifies

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per NBC Sports:

Former NFL player Braylon Edwards and former NFL head coach Jim Harbaugh do not think highly of each other, and Edwards’ latest comments about Harbaugh’s team have landed him in hot water.

Edwards, who played at Michigan, has frequently criticized Harbaugh’s coaching at Michigan. After Michigan lost to Notre Dame on Saturday night, Edwards tweeted his disapproval of Harbaugh’s team, particularly center Cesar Ruiz and quarterback Shea Patterson.

“Ruiz is weak, line is weak, shea is scared, f–king Michigan offense is so predictable,” Edwards wrote. “Michigan football is sadly one thing……Trash.”

Today Big Ten Network announced that Edwards has been suspended from his television job for that.

“Effective as of Sunday, Sept. 2, Braylon Edwards has been suspended indefinitely from his role at the Big Ten Network due to a violation of the network’s social media guidelines,” Big Ten Network announced.

The suspension came shortly after Harbaugh said he didn’t appreciate Edwards’ remarks.

“No. 1, it’s not true. It’s not factual,” Harbaugh said. “There’s nobody in our program who thinks those things about any player on our team, let alone the two players described. On the other level, it’s disappointing that a member of the Big Ten Network would choose to attack the character of two of our players. And, if someone wants to attack the character of anybody on the ball club, come after me.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...tv-gig-as-feud-with-jim-harbaugh-intensifies/

Go Gophers!!

What a clown. He needs a race to "Mahturity", in a big way.

Suspended indefinitely for violating "guidelines"? They sound a bit more like rules or policy to me. Suspension deserved IMO.

I get the frustration; Michigan looked very pedestrian. I could see them having a very average year, with a royal beatdown at the hands of OSU. If that happens, Harbaugh’s seat could start to get warm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One has to wonder if those foreign trips can be a detraction. They have to get something going or else tOSU, MSU, and PSU will dominate them for some time.

If it was any other coaches, they'd be asking for his head.

That's kinda jerkish / trollish stuff there from Edwards. I can see why BTN wouldn't want that.

Harbaugh is suffering from the same syndrome that McElwain suffered at Florida, before the weird incident. I believe it is known as “No-QB-itis”.

per NBC Sports:

Former NFL player Braylon Edwards and former NFL head coach Jim Harbaugh do not think highly of each other, and Edwards’ latest comments about Harbaugh’s team have landed him in hot water.

Edwards, who played at Michigan, has frequently criticized Harbaugh’s coaching at Michigan. After Michigan lost to Notre Dame on Saturday night, Edwards tweeted his disapproval of Harbaugh’s team, particularly center Cesar Ruiz and quarterback Shea Patterson.

“Ruiz is weak, line is weak, shea is scared, f–king Michigan offense is so predictable,” Edwards wrote. “Michigan football is sadly one thing……Trash.”

Today Big Ten Network announced that Edwards has been suspended from his television job for that.

“Effective as of Sunday, Sept. 2, Braylon Edwards has been suspended indefinitely from his role at the Big Ten Network due to a violation of the network’s social media guidelines,” Big Ten Network announced.

The suspension came shortly after Harbaugh said he didn’t appreciate Edwards’ remarks.

“No. 1, it’s not true. It’s not factual,” Harbaugh said. “There’s nobody in our program who thinks those things about any player on our team, let alone the two players described. On the other level, it’s disappointing that a member of the Big Ten Network would choose to attack the character of two of our players. And, if someone wants to attack the character of anybody on the ball club, come after me.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...tv-gig-as-feud-with-jim-harbaugh-intensifies/

Go Gophers!!
Obviously the pot shots at the players are uncalled for, but other than that he's not wrong, and khaki pants knows it.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Edwards has a right to be miffed about the performance so far under Harbaugh, but he crossed some lines there. That said, Harbaugh is clearly underperforming, given his expectations and price tag.

Isn't former Gopher Berkeley Edwards walking on there? Must be uncomfortable.

per NBC Sports:

Go Gophers!!
Braylon Edwards is a prime example of the “Peter principle”. Won’t be missed.

What a dope. Had the dream job.......get paid to watch and talk about football.

Braylon also went ballistic when Michigan didn't offer Berkley. Of course that was before Harbaugh's time at Michigan. I know he never panned out at Minnesota, but I don't really know why that was, but Braylon obviously thought he was a much better player than most of the recruiters did.

Braylon also went ballistic when Michigan didn't offer Berkley. Of course that was before Harbaugh's time at Michigan. I know he never panned out at Minnesota, but I don't really know why that was, but Braylon obviously thought he was a much better player than most of the recruiters did.

Turns out he didn’t have the lateral agility, size, or hands necessary to make it in the Big Ten. He would probably make the top ten list of overhyped practice players.

Berkley had speed, but that was it as far as football goes, and was hurt for awhile.

Football just wasn't his game.

I always wanted to see us get the ball to Berkley in a sort of dump off pass to see him go, but it didn't happen.

I'm guessing his employment with BTN will soon be done. That is highly inappropriate. As someone employed to cover those teams, he needs to be smarter than that.

I'm guessing his employment with BTN will soon be done. That is highly inappropriate. As someone employed to cover those teams, he needs to be smarter than that.

Hopefully he'll cool down, realize his mistakes, apologize to all, and move forward in a more appropriate manner.

Come on Michigan, Man your 9-9 in your past 18 games. You cannot beat your rivals. 1-6. You cannot win as an underdog. Michigan is now nothing but hype. Would that get me suspended?

Top Bottom