What they are saying about the Gophers on the Fresno State Bark Board

The level of discourse on that board is like an elementary school playground. But I wish them well.

I spent the first 25 years of my life in the Central Valley and Fresneck is a ****hole. Even during the years of Pat Hill, Fresno state was an also ran in the state. College football is not huge in central California and there are more Oregon fans than Fresno State fans. The college is a ****ty low-tier commuter school with an alumni net cast about 50 miles in circumference. No one tries to get into Fresno state unless they have average SAT scores and grades. The town has a similar population to Minneapolis but twice the violent crime rate. Their football team is made up of junior college players who couldn’t make academic eligibility.

But they’re probably gonna beat the gophers pretty handily.

*nerd alert*

Fresno has a good 100k in population over Mpls. BUT, thing you have to realize about Mpls, compared to most other large cities in the country: it's tiny, in size! Mpls has about 55 sq. mi. of land area. That's it. For example, Fresno has about 114 sq. mi. Milwaukee 96, Chicago 227, etc etc (those were just to name a few)

A quote from one of the posts, "They hate Iowa and to a slightly lesser degree Wisky." IDK about anyone else but for me its the other way around. I HATE the badgers!

So who is Fresno State's hated rival?

The level of discourse on that board is like an elementary school playground. But I wish them well.

Compared to here, certainly they are a different breed from us... proper fans:

sbe-1873-gentlemen-01.jpg

I spent the first 25 years of my life in the Central Valley and Fresneck is a ****hole. Even during the years of Pat Hill, Fresno state was an also ran in the state. College football is not huge in central California and there are more Oregon fans than Fresno State fans. The college is a ****ty low-tier commuter school with an alumni net cast about 50 miles in circumference. No one tries to get into Fresno state unless they have average SAT scores and grades. The town has a similar population to Minneapolis but twice the violent crime rate. Their football team is made up of junior college players who couldn’t make academic eligibility.

But they’re probably gonna beat the gophers pretty handily.

Absolutely false - https://www.bestplaces.net/crime/?city1=52743000&city2=50627000

Crime Rates-----Minneapolis, Minnesota--Fresno, California--United States
Violent Crime-----------83.9--------------------49.3---------------31.1
Property Crime---------59.8---------------------60.2---------------38.1
The crime indices range 1-100. A higher number corresponds with more crime. Our crime rates are based on FBI data.

Minneapolis has population density 7.609 compared to Fresno at 4593 (per square mile).
https://www.bestplaces.net/compare-cities/minneapolis_mn/fresno_ca/people

Fresno is a 100% car commuting town. They don't have mass transit, carpooling, or bicycle lanes. It is more spread out with less opportunity for mischief. Minneapolis' population density and the mass transit has a lot to do with the higher violent crime rate.

IMHO, I wouldn't be surprise if a lot of the violent crime in Minneapolis occurs in the mass transit system. My neighbor who is a disabled Vietnam Vet decided to go the Minneapolis to go bike riding by taking the light rail. On the way back home in the evening, he got attacked by a drugged out attacker. He hurt him so badly, I had to take him to the Veteran's Hospital.

Last edited:

It wouldn’t surprise me a bit to see PJ come out in that get up.

Absolutely false - https://www.bestplaces.net/crime/?city1=52743000&city2=50627000

Crime Rates-----Minneapolis, Minnesota--Fresno, California--United States
Violent Crime-----------83.9--------------------49.3---------------31.1
Property Crime---------59.8---------------------60.2---------------38.1
The crime indices range 1-100. A higher number corresponds with more crime. Our crime rates are based on FBI data.

Minneapolis has population density 7.609 compared to Fresno at 4593 (per square mile).
https://www.bestplaces.net/compare-cities/minneapolis_mn/fresno_ca/people

Fresno is a 100% car commuting town. They don't have mass transit, carpooling, or bicycle lanes. It is more spread out with less opportunity for mischief. Minneapolis' population density and the mass transit has a lot to do with the higher violent crime rate.

IMHO, I wouldn't be surprise if a lot of the violent crime in Minneapolis occurs in the mass transit system. My neighbor who is a disabled Vietnam Vet decided to go the Minneapolis to go bike riding by taking the light rail. On the way back home in the evening, he got attacked by a drugged out attacker. He him him so badly, I had to take him to the Veteran's Hospital.

Is all the data in Bestplaces from an FBI Crime Report in 2002?

That is a good question. I don't know how often their database is updated. This is the2016 version.

Your link says that the numbers were updated in December of 2016.

But " no thanks" to you and bigtenchamps1899 for trying to turn the O.P. into an f*@#ing Off Topic Board discussion...

Go Gophers! Ski-U-Mah! Row the Boat!

Last edited:

*nerd alert*

Fresno has a good 100k in population over Mpls. BUT, thing you have to realize about Mpls, compared to most other large cities in the country: it's tiny, in size! Mpls has about 55 sq. mi. of land area. That's it. For example, Fresno has about 114 sq. mi. Milwaukee 96, Chicago 227, etc etc (those were just to name a few)

To make your point meaningful -- why would you not compare the size of the metro areas instead of arbitrary city/suburb lines? Fresno is 1MM, Minneapolis is 3.25MM. Not even close.

Fresno State fans freaking out over blatantly biased Big Ten referees. Is tonight's crew from the B1G?

We held Fresno St to 65 points below their average coming into the game.

The epic fan-meltdown in progress on that board right now is both precious and heartwarming. Now I’m glad to be done with Fresno State.

Considering that arguably the Gophers best offensive player left the game about a minute into the contest, they sure think this loss was awfully “flukey” for some odd reason.

Here’s hoping Rodney is good to go without being out very long. I’m normally one to think that RB’s are FAIRLY interchangeable and Williams ran pretty hard tonight but losing Rodney after already being without Brooks for the year, that would be pretty tough to overcome.

If Rodney is out for a while, the back up RB's aren't going to be push overs either. This team did have a pretty good defense.

Honestly this Fresno forum might be the most delusional fansite I have ever read, with the exception of one or two posters. And that is saying something, reading this site on a regular basis! ;-)

Honestly this Fresno forum might be the most delusional fansite I have ever read, with the exception of one or two posters. And that is saying something, reading this site on a regular basis! ;-)

We've got some pretty good trolls on our site in addition to a couple knuckle heads. If we can continue to do well hopefully they will disappear.

Agreed. Delusional is a good word. Who the F did they think they were playing? They didn’t even think they were going to have a game! Oh well, they found out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i usually don't spend much time on opposing fans' sites, but I have to admit i've thoroughly enjoyed witnessing the meltdown over there given how delusional many of them reportedly were prior to the game. i.e. most of them predicting a Fresno St blow-out, scoring 40+ points, easy win playing against a bunch of freshmen etc.

Now, it is kind of embarrassing the level of melt-down going on. People dropping multiple F bombs at each other, a moderator using f bombs and calling other posters effing morons, calling for their coaching staff to be fired (the same coaching staff that turned a 1-10 team into a 10-4 team in one year). And of course, the Gophers still suck and Fresno St should have won the game despite being outclassed for essentially 50 minutes.

i usually don't spend much time on opposing fans' sites, but I have to admit i've thoroughly enjoyed witnessing the meltdown over there given how delusional many of them reportedly were prior to the game. i.e. most of them predicting a Fresno St blow-out, scoring 40+ points, easy win playing against a bunch of freshmen etc.

Now, it is kind of embarrassing the level of melt-down going on. People dropping multiple F bombs at each other, a moderator using f bombs and calling other posters effing morons, calling for their coaching staff to be fired (the same coaching staff that turned a 1-10 team into a 10-4 team in one year). And of course, the Gophers still suck and Fresno St should have won the game despite being outclassed for essentially 50 minutes.

Well lots of whining about the refs and how we held on every play. No talk about the reviews that didn't go our way. There were two other turnovers we almost got and the game wouldn't have been that close.

What I thought was interesting is that no one on their board, that I saw, ever considered the gophers being a good team. One poster was like "Worst thing is I know the Gophers are bad, which means we must be awful" or something like that.

Top Bottom