What they are saying about the Gophers on the Fresno State Bark Board

hungan1

Reaction score
The Fresno State Bulldog Bark Board just started a Minnesota Board late yesterday.

They have a wide variety of sentiments just like Gopherhole - from mutual respect to a possibility of a blowout if they execute their plan to perfection.

There is no doubt that Annexstad is going to have a very short throwing window against the closing speed of their DBs. They have a lot of team speed everywhere.

The Gophers have to play their A game and out execute them. They have an explosive offense. You cannot sleep on their wide receivers or running backs.

Win or lose, they couldn't have scheduled a more perfect game for the development of the Gopher players.

IMHO, the Gophers are taking the long view. Develop the young players now for future payback. I am elated that PJ Fleck resisted the temptations of burning a few red shirts like Blaise Andries' last season.

https://247sports.com/college/fresno-state/Board/102987/Contents/Minnesota-board-121369135/

Last edited:

A quote from one of the posts, "They hate Iowa and to a slightly lesser degree Wisky." IDK about anyone else but for me its the other way around. I HATE the badgers!

A quote from one of the posts, "They hate Iowa and to a slightly lesser degree Wisky." IDK about anyone else but for me its the other way around. I HATE the badgers!

Try a "who hates wisconsin" cheer and see what happens.

Yep. The Iowa hatred stems from a couple of regretful incidences. The wisconsin hate involves a complete body of work.

Good Point, Oh well I'm probably a loner on this one

Don't get me wrong I hate wisconsin and their fans with a passion, but I do love a good who hates iowa cheer...

This board has ADHD. It's starts out with what Fresno fans are saying about the Gophers and ends up a hate debate between IA & WI

Iowa and Wisconsin jokes are mostly interchangeable, but I do hate Iowa more. Somebody asked me why, once. I told him it's because Iowans think they're people. I shouldn't have said that to that Iowan.

This board has ADHD. It's starts out with what Fresno fans are saying about the Gophers and ends up a hate debate between IA & WI

This!! A thread about what Fresno State is saying on 'The Bark Board' has diverged into a conversation about whether we hate Wisconsin or Iowa more, with not a single reply about what the opposing fans are saying. And now I'm participating...

Gopherhole really is something else sometimes

Okay, here's my thought about what they're saying on the Bark Board. They're basing all their predictions on what they know about Fresno State, instead of anything they know about Minnesota. That's evidence that they don't know anything about the Gophers, which leads me to think that there's no sensible comment I can make in response. This is why I'm not big on making predictions about OOC games. I probably haven't watched a Fresno State game in years.

I hope the Gophers win. My experience has been that most non-P-5 teams don't have the depth to hang with the Gophers, even in a bad year.

The Fresno State Bulldog Bark Board just started a Minnesota Board late yesterday..../[/URL]

Some were worried about Fresno State's Offensive and Defensive Lines. Hard to believe looking at the score, but they worried just the same. Others responded by saying that the coaching staff was just trying to limit what the Gopher Staff could see on film.

Some were worried about Fresno State's Offensive and Defensive Lines. Hard to believe looking at the score, but they worried just the same. Others responded by saying that the coaching staff was just trying to limit what the Gopher Staff could see on film.

Sounds strangely familiar...

Who cares what Fresnosians think? We all know we hate Wisconsin more but we have the great traditional "Who hates Iowa?" chant repeated often at random non-Iowa games. Also often repeated on this board! The Fresnosians have got us physched out! Gophers are doomed this Saturday?!?

79 points has psyched out some Gopher fans. That's all.

79 points has psyched out some Gopher fans. That's all.

Could be the case, or people are trying to pump-up a possible Gopher victory. Fresno State is a pretty good football team coming off a very good season. The margin of victory Saturday though may not reflect the game itself. Looks like that is how Vegas is looking at it.

Not sure if that's reflected well in a reading of the Bulldog's Bark Board.

Here's how the Fresno Bee described it:

"Included in that avalanche of points, the most ever for Fresno State in a home opener, were two touchdowns off blocked field goals and one by the defense on an interception return.

Cornerback Jaron Bryant had the two scores off the blocked field goals, by Tank Kelly and then Mykal Walker. He took the first 74 yards, the second 71 yards. Kelly had the Pick Six, returning an interception 39 yards for a score.

The Bulldogs’ defense had five interceptions and recovered two fumbles. Fresno State allowed 308 yards, a big chunk of it coming on a 73-yard touchdown pass, one of the few plays that the Vandals were able to successfully complete."

https://www.fresnobee.com/sports/co...state/bulldogs-football/article217731580.html

Off-topic here, but can't resist:

Wisconsin is like a large fourteen-eyed boil in the butt (one for each loss in the current streak). It needs to be surgically operated on soon before the septicemia becomes sepsis.

This takes precedence over any nonconference games. Is it worth coughing up the Detlef Stein stolen from the Essen Haus in Madison Wisconsin to reverse the curse?

We need to reverse the course of the longest rivalry in the Big Ten that started in 1890. As of last year, Wisconsin leads the rivalry series for the first time 60-59-8.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?6161-How-should-Gutter-Helmet-return-the-stein-he-stole-from-the-Essen-Haus-in-Madison

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/thehole84398/i-am-back-to-bode-doom-and-gloom-to-all-gopher-fan-t8423.html

Last edited:

Yeah, that's what half of the excuses were on THIS BOARD every time Kill et al. nearly lost an OOC game against a supposedly inferior opponent.

Yeah, that's what half of the excuses were on THIS BOARD every time Kill et al. nearly lost an OOC game against a supposedly inferior opponent.

Plenty of similar posts last year.

The Fresno State Bulldog Bark Board just started a Minnesota Board late yesterday.

They have a wide variety of sentiments just like Gopherhole - from mutual respect to a possibility of a blowout if they execute their plan to perfection.

There is no doubt that Annexstad is going to have a very short throwing window against the closing speed of their DBs. They have a lot of team speed everywhere.

The Gophers have to play their A game and out execute them. They have an explosive offense. You cannot sleep on their wide receivers or running backs.

Win or lose, they couldn't have scheduled a more perfect game for the development of the Gopher players.

IMHO, the Gophers are taking the long view. Develop the young players now for future payback. I am elated that PJ Fleck resisted the temptations of burning a few red shirts like Blaise Andries' last season.

https://247sports.com/college/fresno-state/Board/102987/Contents/Minnesota-board-121369135/

I saw one guy thinks our DBs are terrible. Not sure how he came to that view.

Fresno has some playmakers on offense, but we've got some on defense as well. If our Dline wins the battle upfront we win the game, otherwise their D is suspect as Idaho was moving the ball before shooting themselves repetively in the foot. If they have depth issues upfront on both sides of the ball, Rodney Smith and our front seven will cause problems and it will be their undoing

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Fresno fans are gonna be surprised with Annexstad they're underestimating him because of that true freshman pwo tag and don't really know the whole story. Zack isn't gonna go 0/9 on deep balls again and he will have opportunities to do it because they're gonna have to bring a safety down to the box some to try to contain Rodney otherwise we will run it down their throats. The OL really started to get more comfortable together as the game went on Thursday and you will see a better rushing attack early Saturday as a result. Bateman and Johnson will win against DBs anytime they are left 1-on-1 because they are just that special of players and Autman-Bell and Douglas can win their fair share of battles as well. Defensively I think we will be fine. I'd bet we will see a lot of different looks from Robb Smith with the versatility of guys like Coughlin, Cashman, Martin, Devers, Winfield and Otomewo. Secondary wise I'm a little concerned about how handsy Kiondre Thomas was on Thursday and hopefully he gets that fixed for this weekend. Terell Smith can run with anybody and he was close to jumping a couple routes Thursday might get one Saturday. Probably see Winfield in coverage more this weekend and Huff didn't have a good game at all Thursday but he is a Senior who has proven to be good back there and that is what I would expect to see this weekend. Hopefully Chris Williamson is healthy and ready to go and he could see some time at nickel or if needed for Thomas. All in all Gophers have the better athletes, there is no way we are going to turn the ball over the way Idaho did, we are more rested, are at home and don't have to travel and I very much expect a 10+ point win.

Last edited:

Every year we seem to have an online battle of the homers vs a noncon opponent. The reality is we are largely healthy, we have on balance more talent, and if we don’t muck it up in one of a hundred ways ought to come away with a win. Obviously anything can happen and we may be vulnerable right now on the back end. FS had a great year but lost their very good defensive line. Their secondary may have been great because of that line. It follows that if their line is weak and they can’t get a decent pass rush w/o bringing additional players or need to load the box to stop our rushers we have the talent to punish them through the air, something we’ve lacked for oh, forever.

I’m fascinated by what’s going to happen here. I won’t be surprised either way because I haven’t seen FSU play recently. Are they overrated, or are they in that UCF, Boise, TCU etc tier of G5 giant killers?

Top Bottom