Gophers open up as 2 point favorites vs Fresno St

I do not gamble but a friend of mine basically makes a living on sports gambling. He is very accurate typically. His take is that the sports book does not know the Gophers very well and that the lower the point spread equals the least amount of risk for the house.

Said his money will be on the over and would not touch the spread.

Interesting in this thread people are all about the over, but in the other thread I saw some posters making a good argument that the way we're most likely to win -- grind it out, control the clock -- would tend to give a low score.

As a casual sports better I'll give my take here:

This is a trap game for betters.

One of these teams in going to win comfortably and that team is going to be whoever has less money on them.

I emotionally hedged and put money on Fresno to win outright.

Are you saying this tongue-in-cheek, like "danged if you do, danged if you don't" ??

I'm guessing there isn't a strong correlation, if one at all, between beating the spread and the betting money, unless the money is very uneven, in which case it's obvious who should win the spread.

But my guess is with such a small spread, the money should be pretty even ...

Last edited:

Currently, per Vegasinsider.com, Stations has Mn at-1, Wynn LV has FSU at -1, and the rest of the books as a Pick 'em with the o/u at 48.

Last edited:

Websites are now favoring Fresno State.

Pinnacle has game as a pick em.

BetOnline and Bookmaker have Fresno state by 1.0

Where are the Fresno bets?? Money lopsided for Minnesota spreads wins! :cool:

Currently, per Vegasinsider.com, Stations has Mn at-1, Wynn LV has FSU at -1, and the rest of the books as a Pick 'em with the o/u at 48.

I take this to mean that either all the weekender Cali money is starting to roll in, or perhaps there's some injury news afoot. Maybe Morgan is starting because of Annexstad's shoulder??

I take this to mean that either all the weekender Cali money is starting to roll in, or perhaps there's some injury news afoot. Maybe Morgan is starting because of Annexstad's shoulder??

Wow. You win the hot take.

A pk em on bovada seems fair enough to take gophers for one unit.

I do not gamble but a friend of mine basically makes a living on sports gambling. He is very accurate typically. His take is that the sports book does not know the Gophers very well and that the lower the point spread equals the least amount of risk for the house.

Said his money will be on the over and would not touch the spread.

Seems reasonable.

This is a bit of a stray question but since the New Jersey ruling any talk (in the legislature) about legalized sports gambling in MN?

This is a bit of a stray question but since the New Jersey ruling any talk (in the legislature) about legalized sports gambling in MN?

Nope. No recent bill introduced as of AUG 30.

Here is a link with a breakdown of states and where they stand.
http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/19740480/gambling-sports-betting-bill-tracker-all-50-states

“In April 2018, a draft sports betting bill was circulated in the Minnesota legislature. Rep. Pat Garofalo was reportedly the strongest supporter of the bill, which would have authorized sports wagering and created an overseeing commission. The draft bill included a clause to enable mobile betting, too. The Minnesota legislature adjourned in May without any action on the bill.”

Top Bottom