Video: Crazy formation run by The Pirate and his Washington State Cougars

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Smart move the coach who beat him in the 2017 bowl game who happens to be a top notch DC.

He couldn’t figure out one formation we threw at him all night in 2016.

I think rather his team sort of quit on him. Granted that's on him... but it can happen to any coach.

If not for a crazy tip... I think he would have beat us.

Also he was smart enough to hire TC...

Last edited:

I think rather his team sort of quit on him. Granted that's on him... but it can happen to any coach.

If not for a crazy tip... I think he would have beat us.

Also he was smart enough to hire TC...

No, just no.

Wow that is different. I wonder if #17 would be allowed to hike the ball and keep it himself? Looks like he could run for 3-4 yards almost automatically, that time at least.

I am way old and have seen similar formations. Different, but not earth-shattering in a creative sense.

I am way old and have seen similar formations. Different, but not earth-shattering in a creative sense.

That's the first time I've ever seen the ball snapped in that fashion, with the snapper being on one side of the ball, like on the playground.

Are you way old enough to remember, I think, Oregon State having 2 quarterbacks in the backfield at once? Believe it was when Terry Baker was there and Tommy Prothro was the coach. Tried to Google it, but didn't come up with what I was looking for.

Wow that is different. I wonder if #17 would be allowed to hike the ball and keep it himself? Looks like he could run for 3-4 yards almost automatically, that time at least.

I don't think you can do that anymore. I'm almost sure it has to touch an eligible receiver before it can be advanced.

Well I know a true center (ie, any offensive lineman) can’t advance the ball unless it’s a fumble and it can’t be a fumblerooski either. But since it would be an eligible player and not fumbled ... maybe?

Watched Coach Leach’s presser yesterday. He said “You can create all types of formations in football.” “The problem is finding time to practice new formations.” He confirmed it was nothing necessarily new - (old school formation) and he got the idea from talking with a Microsoft Engineer. He went on stating that when he was at Valdosta State, one of his best critics was an evening custodian. He would speak about the team’s demeanor, body language, and footwork in the trenches. Both were interesting stories.

Watched Coach Leach’s presser yesterday. He said “You can create all types of formations in football.” “The problem is finding time to practice new formations.” He confirmed it was nothing necessarily new - (old school formation) and he got the idea from talking with a Microsoft Engineer. He went on stating that when he was at Valdosta State, one of his best critics was an evening custodian. He would speak about the team’s demeanor, body language, and footwork in the trenches. Both were interesting stories.

Thanks, that's really interesting. Always fun to hear that kind of stuff.

Top Bottom