What grade do you give PJ Fleck for coaching in the NMSU game?

What grade do you give PJ Fleck for NMSU

• A

Votes: 32 39.0%
  • B

Votes: 35 42.7%
  • C

Votes: 7 8.5%
  • D

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • F

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I prefer to not comment

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters

Dano564

Fleck Superfan
Reaction score
What grade do you give PJ Fleck for coaching in the NMSU game?

I gave him a C. He's a head coach, he did his job.

Can't really complain, team did what they needed to do, adjusted after a whacky start. Seemed to have slot more penalties, but hopefully we can chalk that up to 23 freshman playing their first college game.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Would love to hear the rationale for the 2 posters who gave him an "F"

Would love to hear the rationale for the 2 posters who gave him an "F"

You should have thrown the 2 that gave him a "D" in there too.

Didn't appear to be any major mistakes from the Coaching Staff last night.

48 to 10 ... seems a bit more of an argument to be had on that side.

I said all week that NMSU was terrible. He was not tested at all as a HC. What tough decision or call did he have to make? That's an A?

I said all week that NMSU was terrible. He was not tested at all as a HC. What tough decision or call did he have to make? That's an A?

I'm not sure just one or a handful of "decision or call" are a good measurement ..... Does he even make individual play calls?

I'm not sure just one or a handful of "decision or call" are a good measurement ..... Does he even make individual play calls?

Seriously? He makes the tough ones. You don't think he makes the decision to go for it on 4th down when Gophs need a 1st down in a critical situation when the game is on the line?

Seriously? He makes the tough ones. You don't think he makes the decision to go for it on 4th down when Gophs need a 1st down in a critical situation when the game is on the line?

Yes seriously.

I'm going by your "decision or call" measurement ... HCs do a bit more than that (seriously?).

B ... I liked his demeanor and attitude during the game. He seemed relaxed and confident. Not always the case. Competition was perfect for a first game in year one. We made mistakes....that's how we grow. I'm anxious to see how much better we play next week against stronger competition.
Based on the score I thought he could of gotten Zack and Rodney on the sidelines before he did. I was surprised our first series in the second half was two long passes and on third down it would have been a better first down pass...it gained 5 of the 10 yards we needed.
I was surprised he said a couple of times Seth is our third string QB....liked it.
Satisfied, anxious for week two.

I can't find much to criticize in his first game of the season so I gave him an A, but I could be convinced otherwise.

Seriously, you can’t make a judgment about the team’s first game because it was against a weaker opponent? PJ had to make several decision’s, who was the starting QB, what was the game plan, how the team was prepared, bringing in some WR’s and DL’s, setting the team attitude, making in game adjustments, etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don’t want to grade but I like our future. We have a lot of talented underclassman and he seems to get a lot out of the talent he has.

I can't find much to criticize in his first game of the season so I gave him an A, but I could be convinced otherwise.

I'll agree with the A, albeit an A in an easy class. NMSU was a weak opponent, but I don't know what else anyone here wanted him to do. We thumped them. Nice start to the season.

I think the team is improved vs week 1 last year.. more impressive win but inferior opponent. This upcoming week is a big test

C's get degrees. Team was better prepared than last year. Did what we needed to do. Room for improvement across the board.

I wish he would have yanked Rodney sooner, I'm glad they kept Annexstad in and weren't overly conservative in the passing game.

A

New wrinkle with Seth in the Wildcat, 'nuf said.

Seriously, you can’t make a judgment about the team’s first game because it was against a weaker opponent? PJ had to make several decision’s, who was the starting QB, what was the game plan, how the team was prepared, bringing in some WR’s and DL’s, setting the team attitude, making in game adjustments, etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not what I'm saying. It was a solid B, given the opponent. Plenty of areas to improve upon, and I think Fleck would agree.
You think he had to make any consequential game adjustments to win that game? The other things you list are table stakes for every HC.

Top Bottom