Why no in-game replay on the official reviews?

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Most stadiums have moved to showing multiple angles of challenged/reviewed calls to make the in-game experience better and so those at home aren't rewarded while those at the game have to wait for text from their friends who are at home. There were at least 3 reviewed calls last night and each time the scoreboard just had the Gopher logo on it - that's frustrating for the in-game experience. Are they worried the fans will boo an official?

Go Gophers!!

They did show some (the step out of bounds before the catch comes to mind); but not all and certainly not multiple angles.

I actually thought they showed 10x the replays last night than they have in any game over the last few seasons. During the out of bounds catch review they showed multiple angles, on the over turned interception review they showed multiple angles, on the fake punt conversion they showed multiple angles. Our group had a whole conversation about how they showed way more replays than past years...

Most stadiums have moved to showing multiple angles of challenged/reviewed calls to make the in-game experience better and so those at home aren't rewarded while those at the game have to wait for text from their friends who are at home. There were at least 3 reviewed calls last night and each time the scoreboard just had the Gopher logo on it - that's frustrating for the in-game experience. Are they worried the fans will boo an official?

Go Gophers!!

They read the article about sagging ticket sales and.... er.... never mind.

They read the article about sagging ticket sales and.... er.... never mind.

Yeah honestly, I either you guys weren't paying attention or weren't in the stadium. They did significantly better on showing replays last night than in the past.

Yeah honestly, I either you guys weren't paying attention or weren't in the stadium. They did significantly better on showing replays last night than in the past.

I was there, and I was paying attention. Different opinion I guess. Our group had the exact opposite conversation yours did. Not a big deal.

Go Gophers!!

I was there, and I was paying attention. Different opinion I guess. Our group had the exact opposite conversation yours did. Not a big deal.

Go Gophers!!

For the 3 reviews I commented on they showed multiple angles over and over. Were there another 3 reviews they didn't?

It was definitely frustrating, we kept waiting to see better reviews and all they showed was the logo and Fleck talking to an official. Oh well.

I think it depends on the play. Don't expect a replay of PI or other penalties that cannot be overturned. I also don't expect a ton of plays that are obvious against the home team.

I was pleased with the amount of replays, it seemed like they showed more than in previous seasons.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I disagree, after they changed the replay rule we saw a lot more review replays.....as time has gone by they have shown less.

I disagree, after they changed the replay rule we saw a lot more review replays.....as time has gone by they have shown less.

Were there other reviews than the 3 I mentioned above? Because for those 3 they showed multiple angle replays for each and every one of them. We knew they were going to over turn the 2 before they announced them because of the replays on the big screen. After the replay of the fake punt we actually thought they spotted the ball farther back than they should have because the runner rolled on top of a gopher player. There were multiple replays for those 3 reviews.

I think it depends on the play. Don't expect a replay of PI or other penalties that cannot be overturned. I also don't expect a ton of plays that are obvious against the home team.

I was pleased with the amount of replays, it seemed like they showed more than in previous seasons.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Oddly enough they sort of showed a PI replay.....but it was offensive ;). Granted they were also showing a TD.

Top Bottom