SportsCenter top 10

HopHead

rank lieutenant
Reaction score
Antoine Winfield Jr.’s punt return for a touchdown made number one on SportsCenter Top 10. I wonder when the the last time the Gophers had a number one Top 10 play was, if ever.

I called that right after the return! He went straight beast mode, knew it would be on the top 10.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That was fun.

At the risk of understatement, Winfield is a really good football player. There isn't much he can't do.

Antoine Winfield Jr.’s punt return for a touchdown made number one on SportsCenter Top 10. I wonder when the the last time the Gophers had a number one Top 10 play was, if ever.

This is Awesome!

Johnson’s one handed TD grab in the Spring game was also #1 for the day.

I would have liked to see that tackle on one of our punts in the first quarter. Timed it perfectly and absolutely drilled him. You don't see too many hits like that today.

Ran through four tackles and dealt a huge stiff-arm. What a run. It was bedlam in the stands...well as much as it could be...for being a little over half full.

Ran through four tackles and dealt a huge stiff-arm. What a run. It was bedlam in the stands...well as much as it could be...for being a little over half full.

Plays like this always charge up the fans and you want to come back for more.

For as empty as the stadium was, I don't know if I've ever heard as loud of a roar as when he crossed the goal line. That was fantastic.

I think Rodney Williams did it once.

For as empty as the stadium was, I don't know if I've ever heard as loud of a roar as when he crossed the goal line. That was fantastic.

Had he just run free it would have been kinda loud but shocked.

However, it was one of those slow developing plays where each step built the tension as he shed opponents, and then a nice stiff arm and ... yup, crowd loud.

Had he just run free it would have been kinda loud but shocked.

However, it was one of those slow developing plays where each step built the tension as he shed opponents, and then a nice stiff arm and ... yup, crowd loud.

He worked hard for it...great vision as well.

That was a well executed play with great blocking.

I'm guessing many "Not so Top Ten" moments, but Winfield getting the top billing for actual top ten is rarified air for the Goofs.

I believe Maxx's hurdling TD against Mizzou was top play IIRC

How about Blake and his 3/4 court catch and turn around jumper against Indiana at the buzzer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom