Claeys’ sister still trolls Gophers Facebook page

This place is pure comedy and predictable.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I've no problem with the thread and feel it is a relevant GopherHole post...it involves Gopher football.

I don't think the sisters post should be taken as a reflection on Tracy, and I'd imagine he prefer she let it go as it is the "low road", and Coach Fleck had absolutely nothing to do with the situation and is certainly not deserving of her animosity.

Employment with a D1 college football program is extremely cutthroat, and the coaches are well compensated as we know. What I would give for a year of the salary, perks, and buyout that Coach Claeys received. Beyond that, I still have a great deal of respect for the Kill > Claeys staffs. I hope his defense rules the Pac12, but this is Fleck's baby now.

Last edited:

I am a big Tracy Claeys fan. Sent him a note a couple weeks ago wishing him luck and got a nice note back (says he misses the "good people of Minnesota").

This post by his sister though is trashy and childish.

She shouldn’t post it, but understand why she’s upset.

- So many “fans”, many of whom now get upset when anyone does less than praise PJ, were cheering against him and calling for his head.
- An AD who, instead of simply saying I appreciate all Coach Claeys did for the program, but I think another coach will help us take the next step.
- PJ talked about rebuilding a program as if it was a disaster, instead of building a program to the next level from a foundation of successful academics, 9 wins, five bowls, etc.

It was ok for Coyle to make a change, yet how her brother’s contributions to the U were treated by many fans, AD, and new coach makes it easy to understand why she’s not a fan of the program anymore. Yes, she shouldn’t post as she has, but most people aren’t rational when they feel a family member has been wronged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Not a good look. Someone should call her and ask her to stap.

Having said that... every family has that one that just won't.
Yep. She's entitled to her opinion and the grudge she holds against Coyle for the way he treated her brother. Probably should get over it now that bro is coaching elsewhere.

Yep. She's entitled to her opinion and the grudge she holds against Coyle for the way he treated her brother. Probably should get over it now that bro is coaching elsewhere.

She should learn to be big, like her brother.

GH currently has a thread titled "Snicker if you like, but Gophers’ ‘Row The Boat’ is helping Minnesota families - TCPP"

Then this and "tow the boat". You can't make this s**t up.

GH currently has a thread titled "Snicker if you like, but Gophers’ ‘Row The Boat’ is helping Minnesota families - TCPP"

Then this and "tow the boat". You can't make this s**t up.

The bolded was the headline in the Pioneer Press.

Go Gophers!!

She shouldn’t post it, but understand why she’s upset.

- So many “fans”, many of whom now get upset when anyone does less than praise PJ, were cheering against him and calling for his head.
- An AD who, instead of simply saying I appreciate all Coach Claeys did for the program, but I think another coach will help us take the next step.
- PJ talked about rebuilding a program as if it was a disaster, instead of building a program to the next level from a foundation of successful academics, 9 wins, five bowls, etc.

It was ok for Coyle to make a change, yet how her brother’s contributions to the U were treated by many fans, AD, and new coach makes it easy to understand why she’s not a fan of the program anymore. Yes, she shouldn’t post as she has, but most people aren’t rational when they feel a family member has been wronged.

You sum it up very well. I have a big problem with Coyle not doing it the right way.
Claeys defense played very well against Wyoming today

You sum it up very well. I have a big problem with Coyle not doing it the right way.

Wyoming's offense struggled much of the game against NMST too.

Sure. If we beat Wyoming by the same score people would be giving PJ a C grade because they are a "weak" team. I liked TC a lot and I personally know his sister. He got a somewhat raw deal but the guy is not a HC. He is a really good DC. His sister is a really good and generous person. She is sticking up for her brother. Yes she should stop but she doesn't. Whatever...

I’m really surprised by some of the reactions here. I thought it was worth sharing. But if you don’t think it’s important, I would suggest to just ignore it. That’s usually what’s I do.

I disagree that she is just sticking up for her brother. She’s responding to things that have nothing to do with him. Her posts serve no purpose other than mocking the current players and coaches who had nothing to do with Claeys being let go.

Sure. If we beat Wyoming by the same score people would be giving PJ a C grade because they are a "weak" team. I liked TC a lot and I personally know his sister. He got a somewhat raw deal but the guy is not a HC. He is a really good DC. His sister is a really good and generous person. She is sticking up for her brother. Yes she should stop but she doesn't. Whatever...

We may never know if TC could have been a great Head Coach, but we do know that he went 9-4 his last year and was 2-0 in bowl games.

We also know that TC was not satisfied with the Jerry Kill offensive system, and wanted to try something different. With his defensive genious and willingness to outsource the offense, I think TC had a 60/40 chance to do very well as Head Coach.

Glen Mason actually nailed the reason for the TC downfall, going to San Diego theHoliday Bowl press conference and not staying here to manage the crisis when it was clear to a veteran HC like Mason that it was a very big risk to not be around the team and a sneaky AD when all hell broke loose.

Tracy's failure was that he was new to the process and made a couple of bad decisons mainly though inexperience in being in the big chair. Kaler and Coyle crucified Claeys for that inexperience.

Kill never would have been railroaded like that, nor would have Mason.

TC could have won big with his intellect on D and open minded view of the offense.

nm

Last edited:

We may never know if TC could have been a great Head Coach, but we do know that he went 9-4 his last year and was 2-0 in bowl games.

We also know that TC was not satisfied with the Jerry Kill offensive system, and wanted to try something different. With his defensive genious and willingness to outsource the offense, I think TC had a 60/40 chance to do very well as Head Coach.

Glen Mason actually nailed the reason for the TC downfall, going to San Diego theHoliday Bowl press conference and not staying here to manage the crisis when it was clear to a veteran HC like Mason that it was a very big risk to not be around the team and a sneaky AD when all hell broke loose.

Tracy's failure was that he was new to the process and made a couple of bad decisons mainly though inexperience in being in the big chair. Kaler and Coyle crucified Claeys for that inexperience.

TC could have won big with his intellect on D and open minded view of the offense.

1. Player walkout
2. Scandal
3. Poor recruiting
4. Lack of master plan for the program / vision
5. Poor game day decisions / coaching (Michigan)
6. AD wanted to go a new direction regardless of coach
7. Personal appearance
8. Poorly managing his own contract with the U.
9. Other

Claeys was fired for any one of the 9 reasons above.
Some would say all of them, some would say just a single one of those.

In the end it doesn't matter anymore.

There would probably never have been a Gopher sex scandal if Kill or Mason had been coaching the team. And we can be damned sure it would never have happened under Fleck. TC didn't have control of his team on or off the field. Mason wasn't only critical of TC when he went to San Diego. He also said he would have punished the players who were responsible for the underage high school recruit drinking alcohol and getting him involved with the sex scandal. Everything that happened that night started because of them. TC never did a thing to punish any player who was involved. He had plenty of evidence to take action against multiple players for violating team rules. Strong coaches kick players off their teams all the time for doing far less. TC deserved to be fired and the U is far better off without him.

Last edited:

1. Player walkout
2. Scandal
3. Poor recruiting
7. Personal appearance
9. Other

Yet you keep harping on it.

This thread and GopherHole in general is overrun with posters who have never stopped complaining about TC's firing. Nobody can mention Kaler or Coyle without someone else taking a shot at them. When that stops the Kaler and Coyle defenders in GH will stop. Not before then.

There would probably never have been a Gopher sex scandal if Kill or Mason had been coaching the team. And we can be damned sure it would never have happened under Fleck. TC didn't have control of his team on or off the field. Mason wasn't only critical of TC when he went to San Diego. He also said he would have punished the players who were responsible for the underage high school recruit drinking alcohol and getting him involved with the sex scandal. Everything that happened that night started because of them. TC never did a thing to punish any player who was involved. He had plenty of evidence to take action against multiple players for violating team rules. Strong coaches kick players off their teams all the time for doing far less. TC deserved to be fired and the U is far better off without him.

Dumb. Fleck will have some kids do something really stupid at some point. Some people will blame the coach. As much as PJ bugs me, I won’t blame him. There are over 100 college-age students on the team, and at some point someone will do something really dumb, just as in the overall Student population.

That wasn’t Claeys fault, it wasn’t Chryst’s fault whatever allegedly happened with a couple WRs in Wisconsin, and won’t be PJs fault when something else happens here. Yet, when it happens, there will be people who jump all over the coach because it’s an opportunity for them to rail against the coach, just as FtFs, GWG, and you did here.

This thread and GopherHole in general is overrun with posters who have never stopped complaining about TC's firing. Nobody can mention Kaler or Coyle without someone else taking a shot at them. When that stops the Kaler and Coyle defenders in GH will stop. Not before then.

Again, dumb.

TC did kick at least one player off the team for a known violation
The players were suspended until cleared by the police
Per former players the short boycott was a direct result of Mark Coyle’s inability to communicate.
The team knows far more about the situation than you do
Coyle’s press conference was IMO atrocious and earned a lot of scorn from fans and the Claeys clan
Gopherholers will continue to be split on that entire saga and that’s ok. Debate is healthy.

Typical chatter from a bartender. She should worry more about pouring drinks and less about the Gophers. Soon her brother can join her eating all the profits.

I'm not harping on it.
I'm just stating it's that. I'm basically replying to this thread after 4 pages saying "Look, there's not much else to talk about here. Pick your reason and be at peace with it."

Now I'm just replying to you for trying to pin this one on me.

Keep supporting the snake, cruze. [emoji216]

1. Player walkout
2. Scandal
3. Poor recruiting
7. Personal appearance
9. Other

Thank you for this excellent post. Can we please make this a sticky?

TC did kick at least one player off the team for a known violation
The players were suspended until cleared by the police
Per former players the short boycott was a direct result of Mark Coyle’s inability to communicate.
The team knows far more about the situation than you do
Coyle’s press conference was IMO atrocious and earned a lot of scorn from fans and the Claeys clan
Gopherholers will continue to be split on that entire saga and that’s ok. Debate is healthy.

Top Bottom