Annual stadium issues

One more thing: Bob Motzko and Lindsey Whalen should have both had a segment where they were introduced. One less farm family or donor family intro. Not fair to Motzko because obviously everyone is going to go nuts for Lindsey. Actually her introduction might have impacted the game, injected some energy!

The difference is that these struggling wholesome farm families with a bazillion acres have a massive lobbying industry who PAY for their spot ;)

The concession workers were obviously new and untrained. They could do a lot to improve the in-stadium experience. The replay person is totally incompetent. Agree about introducing Whalen separately. Please no more introductions of farm families and donors. We had drunks behind us. I say play the game without TV timeouts and then broadcast the game WITH the timeouts. Yes, it would not be live but who cares.

The concession workers were obviously new and untrained. They could do a lot to improve the in-stadium experience. The replay person is totally incompetent. Agree about introducing Whalen separately. Please no more introductions of farm families and donors. We had drunks behind us. I say play the game without TV timeouts and then broadcast the game WITH the timeouts. Yes, it would not be live but who cares.

Concessions is always wonky.... I haven't been to a Twins game in a while but they always had those volunteer groups (or something like that) of humans who seemed to have a 50% chance of being incapable of working with other humans.... feels the same at TCF sometimes.

Granted short lines last night but lady went wandering around looking for cheese curds and .... they were right there, in the box... in front of both of us.... lady hey u.... where the hell did she go?

Hmmm, no other complaints about being charged $9.50 for a can of domestic beer? Taking a cue from the NHL I guess....

Might have to resort to a bottle of Schnapps in my unda' pants....:cool:

-I thought the replays were terrible. Seemed to not do them half the time, and some of those times they did do them, it was terrible camera work
-They would show the replays of the plays being reviewed perhaps once or twice, but then wouldn't show them again. Keep showing them over & over until the ref informs everyone the call, I say
-The P.A. announcer has always bugged me. I wanted them to start fresh with someone new when they moved from the dome to TCF...."Carpenter's field goal is incomplete"
-I wish more band & less music, but that horse is already out of the barn, so that doesn't bug me much.
-I like that they ditched the Kenny Loggins & went back to Levels; I enjoy myself some Loggins, but always will take the dance music for people to have fun.
-No issues with security; nice & quick
-No real issues with concessions, except run my card for $29 & I'm good, but $10 & I'm required to sign....stop wasting my time with anything under $30.
-TV Timeouts: 6-1/2 minutes into the game & there were 5 TV timeouts. I get that there were a lot of 3 & Outs early in the game, but I think they could have cut those down to 2 to 3. But....horse is out of the barn on that one too.
-I enjoy the Thursday opener, but 6PM start is too tough with everything that's going on. There wasn't even a Twins day game or Vikings game this year to contend with either. TV dictates a lot of things, but I think the U could do a little push back on this one. BTN wants live programming & games & Minnesota is a school willing to provide a home game to them on first week Thursday unlike the top dogs of the conference. I think they could say it has to at least be a 7PM or 8PM start & the BTN would be ok with it.

That's all I really got. Otherwise, a good time had....

Hmmm, no other complaints about being charged $9.50 for a can of domestic beer? Taking a cue from the NHL I guess....

We noticed the beer prices too. $11 for a Surly up top. Probably will not be tipping many, if any, during game going forward. What were they last year?

Otherwise no issues with concessions on north side. Short quick lines, condiments were all there and even bumped into the crew going around and checking/refilling them.

We saw that. Won't change anything for me. I only have one or two anyway.

I agree with Mrs. Billld - I did not like the "hostess" telling us what was coming up or about food stands. Go away. I feel like they do something like that at the hockey games and at Wild games. Really - we don't need an introduction to the Lion King thing. Just be done with that. The free programs were nice. Hubby had one of the new burgers and I had Lotus - both good. I though the Floss with Goldy was a good way to get younger kids involved. I liked the timeout clock - just used way way too much. My first change - get rid of the hostess. Second - get a new announcer for the band. I really miss Rod Person. Otherwise - it was a beautiful night to watch an enjoyable game.

Did I miss something before or was the Ric Flair 'Woo' played a lot last night? or maybe there were more positive plays than recent seasons.

I usually sit in the DQ Club, but, in years past, they'd serve 16oz beers for 8 or 9 bucks. Now I'm paying the same price for a 12 oz beer that they have to poor into a cup. Kind of a cheap move on their part I feel.

Along with this, some time during the 4th quarter, somewhere from above us, a suite or box or something was blasting 90's pop loud enough that it kind of affected hearing the PA.

Lastly, the clicking of the microphone was awful. I don't really remember that being so annoying in the past or even an issue.

1. Band is still playing over PA seems to be an issue every year. its not that hard to communicate oblivious they going to play music on the PA before every kick off.
2. Microphone clicking issues.

Anything else you guys notices?
Tell the PA to shut the f&ck up and let the band play. There, problem solved.

We have some of the worst football fans in the B1G. Most of the stadium (excluding the students) doesn't even stand for third downs on defense. If I'm gonna sit on my hands all game, I'd watch the game at home.

-I thought the replays were terrible. Seemed to not do them half the time, and some of those times they did do them, it was terrible camera work
-They would show the replays of the plays being reviewed perhaps once or twice, but then wouldn't show them again. Keep showing them over & over until the ref informs everyone the call, I say
-The P.A. announcer has always bugged me. I wanted them to start fresh with someone new when they moved from the dome to TCF...."Carpenter's field goal is incomplete"
-I wish more band & less music, but that horse is already out of the barn, so that doesn't bug me much.
-I like that they ditched the Kenny Loggins & went back to Levels; I enjoy myself some Loggins, but always will take the dance music for people to have fun.
-No issues with security; nice & quick
-No real issues with concessions, except run my card for $29 & I'm good, but $10 & I'm required to sign....stop wasting my time with anything under $30.
-TV Timeouts: 6-1/2 minutes into the game & there were 5 TV timeouts. I get that there were a lot of 3 & Outs early in the game, but I think they could have cut those down to 2 to 3. But....horse is out of the barn on that one too.
-I enjoy the Thursday opener, but 6PM start is too tough with everything that's going on. There wasn't even a Twins day game or Vikings game this year to contend with either. TV dictates a lot of things, but I think the U could do a little push back on this one. BTN wants live programming & games & Minnesota is a school willing to provide a home game to them on first week Thursday unlike the top dogs of the conference. I think they could say it has to at least be a 7PM or 8PM start & the BTN would be ok with it.

That's all I really got. Otherwise, a good time had....

Considering how long that game was 8pm..... everyone would leave at halftime.

get rid of the canned music, people like college football for the tradition, pageantry, bands, etc, never been told someone goes to the game because they have great canned music. also the banners around the top of the stadium were all rolled up, you would see the mechanicals and all the crap on the roof. it was like no one knew they had a game last night. Free programs were very nice, the Oak St ramp was a cluster F getting out, they had everyone going the same direction instead of spitting up the traffic as they have done for the last number of years. it seems like they have no idea how to enhance the fan experience. I have season tix, so I go no matter what they do or dont do, but know some people go, have a bad experience and dont come back, which they can not afford to have happen

Whew, with a quick glance at the thread title title my first thought was “what did two Hawkeye fans do in our restrooms now?”

I was hoping for a change to the 3rd quarter break. It was so fun a few years ago, now it feels a bit rushed.

Security did a much better job keeping rubes out of the aisle during plays.

Wifi could be improved. Maybe offer a better option for STHs.

Fun game last night. Security was easy. Parking is a mess. Easier to take the train. This is a great venue, otherwise. Free programs were handy and well done. Love the atmosphere. That will only get better as we win and the stadium fills up.

Mic the band properly and let them play.
I think it's against regulations to mic the band (at least it used to be during conference season). Mic for TV is okay, but not for in stadium amplification. Maybe things have changed.

One more thing: Bob Motzko and Lindsey Whalen should have both had a segment where they were introduced. One less farm family or donor family intro. Not fair to Motzko because obviously everyone is going to go nuts for Lindsey. Actually her introduction might have impacted the game, injected some energy!

I thought the same thing. There was definitely a Whalen factor

Also...

I believe this is the first time I saw the AD in actual UMn colors...last year was always in a gray or dark suit or similar. During the Hockey-Women BB Coaches presentation he was in a maroon windbreaker.

Coach's fashion sense must be rubbing off...at least color wise.

As an aside I really like how Coach Fleck flies the University colors at all times...I guess it goes with the boating and rowing motif.

His socks choices are a little interesting sometimes however...

Also...

I believe this is the first time I saw the AD in actual UMn colors...last year was always in a gray or dark suit or similar. During the Hockey-Women BB Coaches presentation he was in a maroon windbreaker.

Coach's fashion sense must be rubbing off...at least color wise.

As an aside I really like how Coach Fleck flies the University colors at all times...I guess it goes with the boating and rowing motif.

His socks choices are a little interesting sometimes however...

There needs to be a twitter PJ sock watch.

Also I wish we had better tunnel music when they are rowing

It does seem a bit off.

Maybe it because I don’t know the song, but it’s just not a very good hype song. I see Iowa with AC/DC and Virginia tech with Metalica and the power riffs just get you excited. The song we have doesn’t even go that well with the rowing movement they do

Top Bottom