Who is your Gophers MVP in the dominating win over New Mexico State?

• Zack Annexstad

Votes: 26 33.8%
  • Rodney Smith

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Tyler Johnson

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Seth Green

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Antoine Winfield Jr

Votes: 13 16.9%
  • Emmit Carpenter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 9 11.7%

• Total voters

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score

I'd like to pick an offensive MVP and a defensive MVP.

Carter Coughlin played great, had some good stops, an impressive rundown, a couple of big hits.

Rodney Smith was the greatest part of the offense. Very nice work.

Annexstad did really well considering it was his first collegiate game. His passes were extremely accurate in the first half. Bright future for him, possibly the best potential QB I've seen for the Gophers in my lifetime. On defense, Cashman was a beast. Rush and Smith also played well on D.

OL for offense- after 1st quarter adjustments they dominated when asked to with >250 rushing yards and ZA5 never got sacked.

Loved the toughness of the young corners once allowed to man-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blake Cashman. No doubt in my mind...

OL for offense- after 1st quarter adjustments they dominated when asked to with >250 rushing yards and ZA5 never got sacked.

Loved the toughness of the young corners once allowed to man-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw you listed OL and I was all HOLD UP---- ah ok after the 1st quarter.

I was watching the OL closely the whole game, I was really nervous until they started getting a good push after the 1st.

Normally I shy away from giving it to a QB since they have the best opportunity for it every game, but it's been a while since we've seen passing like this which with our roster will be really important, so I voted Zack. But could have been many others.

The QB given the specific circumstances, solid performance from a first game frosh. O-line gave him some time - our offense could be improved from last season. Defense - some nice individual performances but I'm quite concerned we have no pass rushing defense. Seemed to me their QB could take as much time as he wanted to complete a passing play, scary considering the competition. If their receivers could catch a ball their QB would have been moving the chains in 5-10 yard chips all night long and had 300 yards passing.

Last edited:

The QB given the specific circumstances, solid performance from a first game frosh. O-line gave him some time - our offense could be improved from last season. Defense - some nice individual performances but I'm quite concerned we have no pass rushing defense. Seemed to me their QB could take as much time as he wanted to complete a passing play, scary considering the competition.

Yeh, the pass rush was getting stood up a few times there pretty badly.

I voted for Tyler Johnson but really could have made a case for many guys. I hope that's the case the rest of the year where it isn't just one guy having good games.

Cashman was flying all over on defense. Had 4 TFL, he's going to have a big year.

I'd like to pick an offensive MVP and a defensive MVP.

Carter Coughlin played great, had some good stops, an impressive rundown, a couple of big hits.

Rodney Smith was the greatest part of the offense. Very nice work.

Coughlin is that guy who is just ... everywhere on the field.

I 'll vote for Co-MVPs - Zack Annexstad and Rodney Smith!

Rodney Smith, made some great runs out there. Runner-up would be Cashman.

Top Bottom