What grade would you give Zack Annexstad in his first career start?

What grade would you give Zack Annexstad in his first career start?

• A

Votes: 31 21.4%
  • B

Votes: 94 64.8%
  • C

Votes: 17 11.7%
  • D

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • F

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I gave an A from a standpoint that a number of others have taken. Considering he's a true freshman and didn't throw an interception I was impressed. He also seemed to show a very good understanding of the Run Pass Option (RPO) that Gophers_4life still doesn't seem to understand.

I'd be interested to see a comparison of ZA's first game to Baker Mayfield's first game for Texas Tech in 2013. It would be interesting to see where they compare in development in their first starts.

Grade A for true freshman/game 1. Versus the overall QB landscape maybe a C to C+. Showed some good things, nice throws with anticipation and I can’t recall any really dangerous throws. Did seem to lock in at times, throw falling backward, and the accuracy downfield was a bit off although part of that seemed to be miscommunication. Showed decent wheels. Caveat is this was a mediocre defense so hard to get too euphoric until we see some more games but he seems to have some solid building blocks.

Gave him a B, based on a similar assessment to this one by PE.
He didn't look nervous for a FR in his first collegiate start.

Gave him a B, based on a similar assessment to this one by PE.
He didn't look nervous for a FR in his first collegiate start.

B. I look forward to when he develops more arm strength. I thought he floated a few balls but got away with it because a) they were a weak D, and b) he anticipates well and through to open spots.

I agree, there weren't any signs of nerves or this stage being too big.

I gave an A from a standpoint that a number of others have taken. Considering he's a true freshman and didn't throw an interception I was impressed. He also seemed to show a very good understanding of the Run Pass Option (RPO) that Gophers_4life still doesn't seem to understand.

I'd be interested to see a comparison of ZA's first game to Baker Mayfield's first game for Texas Tech in 2013. It would be interesting to see where they compare in development in their first starts.

Mayfield's first game- 43 for 60 for 413 yards, 4 tds, 0 ints, and he ran for another td. Mayfield went on to throw 8 TDs and 9 INTs in his other 7 games with TT.

Mayfield's first game- 43 for 60 for 413 yards, 4 tds, 0 ints, and he ran for another td. Mayfield went on to throw 8 TDs and 9 INTs in his other 7 games with TT.

So a very impressive first game but not so much a good season. Hopefully ZA fares better!

Leidner was what he was, but he threw for more than 200 yards more than a few times in his career, including nearly 300 (295) against #7 Penn State in 2016 - his most recent season.

Claey's racked up 593 yards against a similar opponent in his first year as the Head Coach (Indiana State). He also put up over 450 yards against the same #7 Penn State during the same season.

None of which matters. None of which makes last nights game better or worse. It only shows you don't know what you're talking about and have some need to compare last night to two people who don't figure into Gopher Football in 2018.

Yeah it was A joke. Jesus!!! Just happy to see some offense, but please lecture me Vince Lombardi

A!

When is the last time someone threw for over 200 yards? Weber? I think he surpassed Leidner on the all time Gopher passing yards list in the fourth drive?

Over 500 of total offense tonight? That would have taken 7 years under Claeys

Now that is hilarious! What a jokester!:rolleyes:

Went with B. Would really call it a B+. Can't go lower than a C being that we won the game. Made some nice throws and obviously the TD-INT ratio is where we want it. Bump the completion percentage up to 60%+ and take away the fumble and it becomes a surefire A.

A!

When is the last time someone threw for over 200 yards? Weber? I think he surpassed Leidner on the all time Gopher passing yards list in the fourth drive?

Over 500 of total offense tonight? That would have taken 7 years under Claeys

You won the internet with that one.

I voted B. I would have gone lower with that low of a completion percentage, but I boosted it because I felt like a lot of the throws in the 2nd half were thrown overly safe (i.e. no INT) because the game was in hand.

From the photo with his bio, I’d say 9th or 10th? And a good first game of his career....B

Top Bottom