Freshman Thoughts

Freshman thoughts? If I recall correctly, they were primarily:
1) Where can I get some beer?
2) Where are the girls?
3) How am I going to explain that chemistry grade?
;)

JTG

Bateman = NFL.

Pretty sure I jumped up from my couch when he caught that pass on the sideline and looked like he would take it all the way to the endzone...to bad the NMST player just caught his foot when diving for the tackle.

Not listing the names just takes a lot away from from the post when you have to waste time trying to look up the names associated with the jersey numbers. This is especially true with the freshmen.

Maybe they could design the jerseys, so that we can actually read the players names .... My take was that the OP was making that point without saying it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think we can read too much into whether the freshman that played in "mop-up duty" will be redshirted or not. Those decisions will be based more on injuries to the starters, IMHO. I mean we likely will have only one other game this year where we are blowing out an opponent (Miami of Ohio). There's no reason to waste one of the four games when WE are getting blown out (OSU, uw) and the rest of games should be close enough that you stick with the starters if possible. More than anything, I think it was just a way to get actual tape on a player that you can critique - helping the staff determine if they can trust a player in a pinch. Practice only shows you so much.

Speaking of names .... everything on the dang jersey was maroon on white, which was great, who is the dummy that said “let’s make the name plates yellow on white!” ???

Man no doubt I thought the same thing! Tough to read!

2) Where are the girls?
;)

JTG

But if you're a freshman you haven't had class yet ....

Tyler Johnson, Thomas Barber, Carter Coughlin and Antoine Winfield Jr say high.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I"m not disagreeing with your general point.... but I'm still miffed about TJ and that first drop.... he did well later but damn it man.

I"m not disagreeing with your general point.... but I'm still miffed about TJ and that first drop.... he did well later but damn it man.

Aggie Receivers combined for 15 drops last night. Johnson will be fine.

Because of the freshmen I'm hopeful we'll actually see a passing attack this year, even in conference play.

2) Where are the girls?
;)

JTG

For #2, please review #3. :cool:

Really nice blocking by Blaise Andries on that first score by Seth Green. Pulled and flattened out the guy.

Top Bottom