Zack Annexstad

XMan

Reaction score
I realize New Mexico State isn’t very good but after his turn over and the slow start Zack Annexstad played a very good first half. For his first start it was fun to see.

He has looked sharp on the crossing route and it helps that he has more talented targets.

Has anyone looked up to see if Annexstad has more yards yet then Croft had all season last year? Must be close...

The ball is the program.
Bad job dropping that snap.

But yeh, cool as a cucumber after that and hitting guides in stride and in tight pockets. Pretty much all you can ask.

Great play call on first down on that last drive faking the handoff and hitting TJ.

Has anyone looked up to see if Annexstad has more yards yet then Croft had all season last year? Must be close...

Rk Player Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
1 Demry Croft 51 123 41.5 674 5.5 3.6 4 7 86.8
2 Conor Rhoda 59 109 54.1 839 7.7 7.0 5 4 126.6

Rk Player Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
1 Demry Croft 51 123 41.5 674 5.5 3.6 4 7 86.8
2 Conor Rhoda 59 109 54.1 839 7.7 7.0 5 4 126.6

I like that FTF only posts the facts...

This whole idea about recruiting a QB who can throw accurately is something I can get used to

Don't forget Demry Croft was the #1 rated QB in all of NCAA Football for a week last season. (LOL Nebraska)

Zack looks sharp.

I agree with the OP. He isn't facing a good defense, but he's been able to change things up at the line and he threw a variety of passes. The second touchdown throw to Johnson wasn't thrown that hard, but it was right on target. Very impressive for a true freshman.

PS--Receiving corps looks to be much improved.

I hope we keep it up and get Morgan some snaps too. But Zack played very well after the first two series.

I like how he came back after the turn over and held his composure. Rodney and the line opening up the running game also helped Zack a ton.

I was very impressed with Zach. Hit in some tight windows.

Good to see Zack run a bit!

The one thing he needs to fix is that he bails out too much. I don’t want him to get killed, but he’s gonna throw some flat balls that are gonna go the other way for 6 against better competition.

Otherwise he’s been very good and our WRs are noticeable better. Tyler Johnson looks like an NFL player.

I feel a little bit better about the QB situation than I did about 4 hours ago.

Just refreshing to see the passing game opened up a little bit, compared to last season. Zack had more completions and attempts in this game than either of last years QB's had in a single game.

Except Zach is clearly hurt. Just like Smith and others. So, I'm lowering my expectations about his status for next week.

The pros were that he seemed to throw only where the receiver could get it and seemed to be accurate and hit windows.

The cons are that he stares down his receivers way too much (like so many MN QBs) and he sometimes throws it so low that it's easy to bat down or get tipped.

Was the arm iced? Did they take him to the dressing room to work on him?

Loved seeing Zach succeed tonight. Given the circumstances, he did what what could have been expected of him and then some.

Excited to see him build on this versus Fresno State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm pretty disturbed that coach Fleck left Annexstad in the game when he was clearly hurt. It was clear to me that Annexstad was hurting and needed to come out, even if only to get checked out. Shades of Brady Hoke?

On the bright side, Annexstad seems innately capable, and well coached.

I'm pretty disturbed that coach Fleck left Annexstad in the game when he was clearly hurt. It was clear to me that Annexstad was hurting and needed to come out, even if only to get checked out. Shades of Brady Hoke?

How bad does it have to be that he should have been taken out?
They checked him out and felt he was good enough to keep playing, and Zack's pain tolerance must have been okay where they didn't think it would hurt him worse.
Maybe they wanted to see him tough it out a bit to see how he does playing with a little pain for a drive.

I think it's fair to be critical, but we don't know many facts on this yet.

Annexstad was poised tonight, but you can tell he's a young freshman. He tended to stare down his primary receiver and rarely checked off to secondary options. Granted, he didn't need to do that tonight, but he'll need to against better opponents.
Also, one run and he gets injured. If he's older and stronger, that tackle probably doesn't phase him. We are going to need Morgan this season because Zack won't make it through the B1G as a healthy QB.
With that being said, this kid has the most potential since Adam Weber to be a special quarterback in the future. Hopefully the Gopherhole gives him room to grow up. This season is going to be a rollercoaster.

Brady Hoke's guy was stumbling around with a concussion. Zack was rubbing his chest/shoulder area.

No comparison.

How bad does it have to be that he should have been taken out?
They checked him out and felt he was good enough to keep playing, and Zack's pain tolerance must have been okay where they didn't think it would hurt him worse.
Maybe they wanted to see him tough it out a bit to see how he does playing with a little pain for a drive.

I think it's fair to be critical, but we don't know many facts on this yet.

When your QB is wincing, grimacing, flinching, and grabbing his shoulder, you get him out right away and look at it. The coach is responsible for the safety of his team members - every coach is. I'm a coach, and I consider the kids' safety my first priority. The second ZA got up from that run I sat on my fat butt on my couch and said to my wife, "Ooh, he's hurt." There's a line that separates hurt and injured, and you can only tell which side of the line a kid is on by checking him out. Fleck waited longer than he should have to do that.

When your QB is wincing, grimacing, flinching, and grabbing his shoulder, you get him out right away and look at it. The coach is responsible for the safety of his team members - every coach is. I'm a coach, and I consider the kids' safety my first priority. The second ZA got up from that run I sat on my fat butt on my couch and said to my wife, "Ooh, he's hurt." There's a line that separates hurt and injured, and you can only tell which side of the line a kid is on by checking him out. Fleck waited longer than he should have to do that.

Pretty sure they checked his arm out right after that play.

The ball is the program. Bad job dropping that snap.
I felt like the snap was bad and/or the snap count was off. Annexstad seemed to be looking to the right and the ball hit his left hand, not between his hands. I'm not upset about it for a first game, regardless of blame.

Top Bottom