2 years later, Gophers still responding to sexual assault case that rocked program

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

The two-year anniversary of the sexual misconduct incident involving football players is Sunday, and the U's athletics department continues to feel its effects. Part of Gophers athletics director Mark Coyle decision to hire Fleck included the coach's stated goal of creating a "holistic" program that aims for player growth on and off the field.

Brenda Tracy, a sexual assault victim who has used her experience to change the culture in major college sports, has addressed the Gophers about "setting the expectation" against rape and domestic violence in favor of consensual sex and universal respect for women.

Coyle said the athletics department's Student Advisory Committee, which comprises leaders from all 25 teams, asked for more education on the processes of the university's EOAA office, which is responsible for investigations into allegations of sexual misconduct.

In response, the U's athletic department has increased its training on sexual misconduct, academic integrity and gambling from about four hours a year prior to Coyle's arrival to around eight hours now.

"They have a better understand of how that process works and how we can all make sure that we fully understand that process and how it can impact us," Coyle said.

Gophers basketball player Reggie Lynch was expelled in February following EOAA investigations into two separate sexual misconduct accusations.

In spring 2017, the Gophers brought in consultant Dan Beebe, a former Big XII commissioner and former NCAA director of enforcement, to provide an outside perspective on the U's operations from a "human relations risk management" perspective, Coyle said.

Beebe conducted more than 100 interviews with athletics department staff, coaches and players.

"He taught us and provided us with alternative ways to report things," Coyle said. "If something is going on and you don't feel comfortable going to ... your immediate supervisor, you can go to these three other people on campus, inside the department — those kinds of things."

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sp...responding-sexual-assault-case-rocked-program

Go Gophers!!

Brenda Tracy, a sexual assault victim who has used her experience to change the culture in major college sports, has addressed the Gophers about "setting the expectation" against rape and domestic violence in favor of consensual sex and universal respect for women.

It's really this easy:

players sign their name to a pledge/commitment that they won't do anything with any woman who has been drinking. At all. Zero, nada, zilch. That solves 99.9% of all the problems, right there. If you want to get laid, then find a sober gal, or get a girlfriend. Fellas, trust me on this one ... don't throw your life away because you think you should be "hooking up" at parties with drunk people.

Nothing like a great gameday article from Greder.

Since many/most of the guys are not likely going to take celibacy vows for 4-5 years more realistically a) it goes without saying but don’t assault an inebriated partner (or an unenthusiastic sober one), and b) protect yourself and get consent on video.

Nothing like a great gameday article from Greder.

WOW!!! Couldn’t agree more. Maybe just limit the number of drinks that female students can consume. (Just kidding). That’s how ridiculous this article is. So you can’t assault a “girlfriend” who is drunk?

It's really this easy:

players sign their name to a pledge/commitment that they won't do anything with any woman who has been drinking. At all. Zero, nada, zilch. That solves 99.9% of all the problems, right there. If you want to get laid, then find a sober gal, or get a girlfriend. Fellas, trust me on this one ... don't throw your life away because you think you should be "hooking up" at parties with drunk people.

But what if the woman was loaded. Then was just tipsy. Then didn't have anything to drink at all. Same woman. Same event. Then what?

It's really this easy:

What percentage of college romances and eventual weddings/relationships started at a place where both people had some alcohol? This is nonsense.

It's really this easy:

Kind of sets the woman's liberation movement back a few decades. A woman has a drop of alcohol and she becomes a helpless damsel in distress victim incapable of decision making. The weaker sex again.....

It's really this easy:

So say there was an encounter with a Gopher and a PERSON who allegedly had a drink. Neither complains, but someone else does...

Investigate? Kick the player out of the program?

That's the kinda stuff you get with zero tolerance rules you're proposing....

Kind of sets the woman's liberation movement back a few decades. A woman has a drop of alcohol and she becomes a helpless damsel in distress victim incapable of decision making. The weaker sex again.....

It fits the pattern of colleges treating students like children sadly.

Cali, Bob, Tim, slab: you all got it wrong.

“has been drinking” was never even close to implying that anything over a drop of alcohol counts. Nor that two non-drunk people aren’t allowed to meet or even go home together because alcohol was served at the event. Ridiculous reaching, on both.

“has been drinking” was never even close to implying that anything over a drop of alcohol counts. Nor that two non-drunk people aren’t allowed to meet or even go home together because alcohol was served at the event. Ridiculous reaching, on both.

Took t way too far the other way. But why??? Because you’re trying to defend football players ”right” to sleep with drunk women?? Seems odd...

Can you clarify how much alcohol is too much? I'm not following; I'm sure it's just me.

In your first post you said don't do anything with any woman who has been drinking "At all. Zero, nada, zilch." That makes it sound like not a drop.

Then above you say you were "never even close to implying that anything over a drop of alcohol counts." That makes it sound like some is okay.

Must the woman have a BAC of 0.00? If not, how many drinks is too much? How much time must elapse during that consumption and who is responsible for keeping the count and time?

Took t way too far the other way. But why??? Because you’re trying to defend football players ”right” to sleep with drunk women?? Seems odd...

If it is a "right" what is the problem? We have too many "rights" being infringed upon. Drunk girls need sex too. :) (and yes, it is OK to make fun of this a little. this was a train that ran off the tracks not a typical recruiting event). Anyway, screw it, Go Gophers! Beat Aggies!

I sense a ban coming soon for a previously banned poster.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Can you clarify how much alcohol is too much? I'm not following; I'm sure it's just me.

In your first post you said don't do anything with any woman who has been drinking "At all. Zero, nada, zilch." That makes it sound like not a drop.

No, no, no. That was in reference to “won’t do anything”. Not the amount of alcohol.

Must the woman have a BAC of 0.00? If not, how many drinks is too much? How much time must elapse during that consumption and who is responsible for keeping the count and time?

No single correct answer, it depends on the person.

I sense a ban coming soon for a previously banned poster.

Yep must be! Since I didn’t register in 2009, must be.

Too bad for anyone who registered after 2009. Just a bunch of previously banned posters!

Yep must be! Since I didn’t register in 2009, must be.

Too bad for anyone who registered after 2009. Just a bunch of previously banned posters!
I didn't say it was you. Why so defensive?

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

2 years later? Is that supposed to be a long time or something?

Yep that is what we are doing. You are really smart dude. Stretching that intellect all over this board.

What the troll is saying is "no sex until your notarized mutual consent form is approved by the EOAA." God forbid people act in a spontaneous way without 100% approved communication based on non-involved parties acceptance.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Gopherguy0723
- Paging Cruze.

It's all very simple. If a girl calls the cops after you had sex with her you did it wrong and you are a complete loser. You deserve anything that happens to you. All girls love sex when it is done right and they want you to do it again (and again).

Last edited:

ji3rn9k.gif

It's all very simple. If a girl calls the cops after you had sex with her you did it wrong and you are a complete loser. You deserve anything that happens to you. All girls love sex when it is done right and they want you to do it again (and again).

Nsfw

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hUGZdd-bGX8" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Yep that is what we are doing.

OK ... so where is the rest of your post?? Obviously couldn't think of anything to say. So I guess you just read something you don't like, call the poster out, then provide no counter-argument, and walk off. Got it

Top Bottom