***OFFICIAL NEW MEXICO STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

37-17 Gophers. Johnson with +140 yds.; 2 TD's.

IT'S GAMEDAY:

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/umnmarch/posts/10156615424199819&width=500" width="500" height="385" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Glad you posted this! My son will be in the pre-game and halftime! Go Gophers! Go Pride of Minnesota!

I told my friend if the first play from scrimmage is RUTM, even if it goes for a TD, I'll be mildly annoyed

So you'd prefer a fumble, sack, interception, incomplete pass or what? I would be overjoyed by a RUTM TD on 1st play from scrimmage.

So you'd prefer a fumble, sack, interception, incomplete pass or what? I would be overjoyed by a RUTM TD on 1st play from scrimmage.

I am largely joking, but I've been watching RUTM too often

I'm ok with a power run offense, but I don't want always want to wait until third and long to pass

Trying to get some last minute people to put money on NM St, to pay off all those folks who took the Gophers! :cool:

From Las Vegas here! Flew in to Mpls to be at the game. I took that -18 before we left and will be looking forward to cash in the ticket when we fly back next week.

From Las Vegas here! Flew in to Mpls to be at the game. I took that -18 before we left and will be looking forward to cash in the ticket when we fly back next week.

cool! Hopefully it will pay for your trip. Thanks for coming back to support the team.
Knock on wood here, but this is the healthiest that I can remember the team starting in a few years.

I am largely joking, but I've been watching RUTM too often

I'm ok with a power run offense, but I don't want always want to wait until third and long to pass

Yeah, I get that. My pref would be to establish a powerful ground game early to 1) help a frosh QB settle in and 2) setup a passing attack against a team that still has to honor the run. Not restricted to 3rd and long.

Would be real happy with a 12 yard RUTM. Our line may be more nervous than our young IMG QB. Good chance the D draws first blood. This s my favorite team on opening night in a very long time.

Would be real happy with a 12 yard RUTM. Our line may be more nervous than our young IMG QB. Good chance the D draws first blood. This s my favorite team on opening night in a very long time.

Your post about the O-line needing a power run offense early brought to mind something omitted in my earlier reply to salzie. It gives a larger OL an opportunity to take command (i.e. knock the generally smaller DL around) which can become important on passing downs and later in the game. It is the critical difference between attacking and waiting for an attack.

I look forward to the rollercoaster that is the gameday thread. Love, hate and everything inbetween being hurled on the GH. There is nothing better. Bring it on b!tches! [emoji56]

Finally this day is here! There is hope for a passing attack. I'd like to see the RPO work tonight. Maybe see some catches by someone other than TJ. I know that maybe PJ don't want to show too much, but we need to get the team to hummmm.

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Geesh! They look like they are wearing Depends! :eek:

Hey guys!

This is my first Gopher game as a member of the GopherHole family. I look forward to experiencing the game with you on this thread and on the GH Twitter account as well.

Perfect night for football!

White helmets with the gross oar-like thing on the top. I guess I'm cheering for the Albino Beavertails.

What a punt by NMSU.

TJ...you gotta come up with that, my man. Jitters on both sides, wow. Great throw by Annexstad.

Hi Zach, I’d like to introduce you to Gopher receivers. They like you, but they won’t help you.

For what it's worth, the pass was tipped at the line and was not ruled a dropped pass by Johnson.

That "Minnesota Nice" commercial for FS1 was elite.

The Big Ten Network came back online for Comcast nation wide this afternoon just in time for the game. If you don't live in a Big Ten State, then you need the Comcast Sports package.

Top Bottom