***OFFICIAL NEW MEXICO STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

OK, so that definitely hit a MN player first...this will likely be reversed. These are the kind of bonehead mistakes you can't have. The returner pretty clearly wasn't yelling loud enough as none of the blockers got off the field. I'm sure they've practiced this a million times in the offseason. AGain, jitters...bad...on both sides. Very frustrating.

Wow, I missed the start but who are the announcers on BTN? Yikes, is it the AggieVision team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a great read and throw there by Zack. He stared down Tyler the whole time.

Not a great read and throw there by Zack. He stared down Tyler the whole time.

Yup. Not a good pre-snap read. I couldn't see the routes on the other half, but they were playing a soft C3 on that side so I thought maybe a simple curl would've gotten the 1st...but he never looked that way at all.

Terell Smith has made a few plays already.

Has NMSU made a first down before the gophers?

Not impressed by our O-line push yet, but it’s a small sample size. Smith has had to fight like mad for 2-3 yards.

Defense is doing well. Just allowed first down on drive 3 for NM St.

Offense is sputtering so far. They really need to establish some power running game. So far all I see are those “patty cake” type runs where you hand it off in shotgun and let the runner feebly try to navigate an inside zone block.

Just for fun, I would love to see the Gophers come out, and for the 1st offensive play of the season, run a double-reverse flea-flicker with Annexstad throwing it as far as he can to a (hopefully) wide-open Tyler Johnson.

show everyone this is a different season with a different mind-set.

I can understand the desire to protect a young QB, but if they come out and go RUTM twice and throw a safe dump-off pass, it will be a signal that the theme for the season is "playing it safe" instead of "cutting loose."

I think the first drive was exactly as you described here. YAY

New Mexico St is trending on Twitter, that can’t be good

You can’t miss that throw. Ouch.

Annexstad is very clearly much better than Rhoda and Croft.

Think you meant you can't miss that catch. That was right in Johnson's hands.

Catchable yes, but he turned an easy completion into a difficult one. Didn’t matter as we scored anyway.

Did she really call out a direct snap to the QB? Beth Mowins school of play by play

Top Bottom