***OFFICIAL NEW MEXICO STATE AT MINNESOTA IN-GAME THREAD!!!!***

I don't know if you saw Ibrahim's injury but it looked real bad. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he tore his ACL and we don't find out about it until tomorrow.

I saw him jump over a bench on the sideline. If he did that with a torn ACL, wow.

I saw him jump over a bench on the sideline. If he did that with a torn ACL, wow.

Okay, I didn't see that so that's good news. You can walk around with a torn ACL, probably not going to be jumping over a bench tho.

I don't know if you saw Ibrahim's injury but it looked real bad. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he tore his ACL and we don't find out about it until tomorrow.

He twisted his ankle. It got caught under the defender as he tackled him out of bounds and he quickly grabbed his ankle as it happened. I don't have a fear it was an ACL unless there is some ancillary damage to the knee that he didn't react to.

Okay, I didn't see that so that's good news. You can walk around with a torn ACL, probably not going to be jumping over a bench tho.

Jumping over bench seems a bit much

He did jog off the field

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As an aside

I'm sitting at in a Buffalo Wild Wings in Portland since Comcast still doesn't have an agreement with BTN here. Just saw Paul Simon at the Yankees game- dude does not look healthy- sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was the sauce or rub choice?

Not a ton to complain about. ZA looking good, before he got hurt. On TV his throws don't seem to have a ton of zip on them, almost like he glides them out. Probably just an optical illusion thing.

Really wish Fleck would've taken ZA out of the game much sooner than he did. Not sure what the heck he was doing. ZA had nothing to prove at that point. Mental toughness? Just silly, if you ask me. Also should've gotten backup more reps, since you have literally no idea what you have or don't have there. Honestly at this point wondering what Fleck would do if ZA goes down ... would he put SG in there with the wildcat for the rest of the game?

Which I loved by the way. Think that formation can do some great things for us this season!

Defense ... coverage often got torched by NM St receivers in a sense ... but they kept dropping the ball! Really helped out coverage statistics out. Thought their QB played a really nice game. He has some tools to work with as well, especially that one receiver. Just gotta hang onto it. Hope they can heal up on D, figure some things out on O, and make it to another bowl game.

My crazy thought is that he would put in the backup quarterback, Tanner Morgan.

You'd think so, right??

So why did he leave ZA in the game for what 3-4 more drives after he got hurt, and was holding his left shoulder, grimacing in pain after every play???

You'd think so, right??

So why did he leave ZA in the game for what 3-4 more drives after he got hurt, and was holding his left shoulder, grimacing in pain after every play???

Because we have a really tough opponent next week and he wanted to get our starters some reps/experience.

Not a ton to complain about. ZA looking good, before he got hurt. On TV his throws don't seem to have a ton of zip on them, almost like he glides them out. Probably just an optical illusion thing.

Really wish Fleck would've taken ZA out of the game much sooner than he did. Not sure what the heck he was doing. ZA had nothing to prove at that point. Mental toughness? Just silly, if you ask me. Also should've gotten backup more reps, since you have literally no idea what you have or don't have there. Honestly at this point wondering what Fleck would do if ZA goes down ... would he put SG in there with the wildcat for the rest of the game?

Which I loved by the way. Think that formation can do some great things for us this season!

Defense ... coverage often got torched by NM St receivers in a sense ... but they kept dropping the ball! Really helped out coverage statistics out. Thought their QB played a really nice game. He has some tools to work with as well, especially that one receiver. Just gotta hang onto it. Hope they can heal up on D, figure some things out on O, and make it to another bowl game.

“Nothing to complain about, but let me complain.”

The D was “torched” all night and gave up 10 points, 7 on a 12 yard drive and a 47 yard field goal that was good by a foot.

“Nothing to complain about, but let me complain.”

The D was “torched” all night and gave up 10 points, 7 on a 12 yard drive and a 47 yard field goal that was good by a foot.

Nothing? Or “not a ton”? Do you speak English natively? You do know what a drop is, yes?

I know you’re going to be up my dear end going forward. It’ll be over soon, right?

A lot to really like about this young team...a lot. ZA was very poised and will only get better. The FR WR's looked awesome and with TJ, I can't recall a more talented group. Winfield, Coughlin and Cashman will play in the NFL. I hope we can keep Smith healthy because he is a stud and Ibrahim was also very explosive.

The bad? If that is the best announcing team they can find/afford, they should just shut the BTN down right now. My gosh they were terrible and quite frankly, almost unlistenable.

Nothing? Or “not a ton”? Do you speak English natively? You do know what a drop is, yes?

I know you’re going to be up my dear end going forward. It’ll be over soon, right?

You do know how big of an a$$hole you are, right? Right?

A lot to really like about this young team...a lot. ZA was very poised and will only get better. The FR WR's looked awesome and with TJ, I can't recall a more talented group. Winfield, Coughlin and Cashman will play in the NFL. I hope we can keep Smith healthy because he is a stud and Ibrahim was also very explosive.

The bad? If that is the best announcing team they can find/afford, they should just shut the BTN down right now. My gosh they were terrible and quite frankly, almost unlistenable.

I watched most of the game, and the announcers must have had an absolutely terrible spotter. They're responsible for relaying who gets the ball, who makes tackles, etc. to the play-by-play crew. They called Rodney Smith's name a few times when Ibrahim got the ball, got a few receiver names wrong (TJ once when Autman-Bell made a catch, Bateman on another). I realize they come in a day or two early to meet with the coaches, but unless you've been around the players and know all the jersey numbers, the job isn't that easy. They were no doubt a bad play-by-play crew, but it was the first game for everybody.

Based on that I'm not hearing/seeing any updates on Annexstad, I'll assume he didn't seriously hurt his shoulder. There was no mention of it anywhere in the papers today, and I haven't heard a thing in the limited radio chatter I've listened to. Nothing on social media either. And he looked fine when Fleck did his postgame speech in the locker room.

Let's enjoy that the Gophers scored 35 in the first half last night. We say "New Mexico State was terrible," but let's be honest, the Gophers have a habit of never making anything look easy in the non-conference. It was refreshing to see a freshman QB consistently hit his targets in the chest and once they made their first play, everyone relaxed and things got rolling. O-line picked it up after a slow first quarter. The defense can bend, but not break all they want, as long as the ball doesn't get in the end zone.

Good start, let's hope for a big improvement next Saturday. Fresno State will put up a much better fight.

Top Bottom