B1G Schedules for 2022-2025 Announced

Sorry, I have no interest in watching us play Kansas, Missouri, K-State, and especially not Iowa St.

Iowa plays Iowa St.
No reason for us to also play Iowa St.
Why would Iowa St want to play two Big Ten teams in their non-conference.

Not to mention, what do you gain by beating Iowa St who is often a perennial doormat in the Big 12 except for the periodic blips in which they lose their head coach?

I would far rather play Maryland, Rutgers, or Penn St when recruits might actually watch the games.
I just don't think a lot of talented youth are watching Iowa St games.
Far better to get the east coast exposure for the east coast athletes.

You hate Iowa St, got it! Lol, that's fine. You do realize they had a breakout season last year, with their new head coach that is very similar background to Fleck, right? Might be poised for even bigger things this year ... we'll see.

I wasn't saying they were joining the Big Ten, or that Minnesota should play them non-conf. This was a made up, hypothetical CONF schedule for Minn, made up of more similar level programs/schools as opposed to playing teams like Mich, Mich St, Ohio St, Penn St in the east that simply aren't reasonable matchups for a program like Minnesota.

I hear your point on playing those eastern schools, if we're recruiting a lot of players from those reasons. Yep, that is a good point.

Top Bottom