ESPN: Jets trading backup QB Teddy Bridgewater to Saints

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per ESPN:

The New York Jets clarified their crowded quarterback situation on Wednesday, trading Teddy Bridgewater to the New Orleans Saints for an undisclosed draft pick, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

This reinforces the widespread belief that rookie Sam Darnold will be the Jets' Week 1 starter. Josh McCown, 39, who didn't play the past two preseason games, is expected to be the No. 2.

Bridgewater found out about the trade and boarded the team bus to say goodbye to his former teammates who were heading to Philadelphia for Thursday's preseason game, a source said.

The Jets went into training camp looking to trade Bridgewater, 25, whom they signed to a one-year, $6 million contract. They've already paid him $1 million in bonus money, so essentially they paid $1 million for whatever compensation they receive from the Saints.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24514786/jets-deal-send-qb-teddy-bridgewater-saints

Skol Vikes!!

Heard that it is for a 3rd rounder (Reddit, so not sure if accurate).

I don't think this is great for Teddy unless they're truly invested in him as the QB of the future. I'm sure he would have rather started somewhere to show the league that he can play. Now the Saints can keep him under wraps and low-ball him next off-season.

Darn. Was hoping the Broncos would get him as a back-up for Keenum.

I feel bad for him. Hoping someone gives him a chance.

Top Bottom