Gophers will open season tomorrow at home in white jerseys

I say make N Mex State wear white Jerseys from some local high school - maybe Eden Prairie.

It all goes back to Black and White TV’s. Need to have enough of a contrast in light vs dark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That, and the quarterback needs to able to tell which guy he's throwing to.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

There is an NMSU equipment truck at the Mariott on seven corners

Right, had to have been the case, as I pointed out they were still in the air when I made the post, which was after the announcement. OK moving on...

Well, if you want to get technical, nothing related to collegiate sports is a big deal in the grand scheme of things. But, in context - a school that runs a ~$27M athletics budget, and yet can't have the appropriate uniforms available for one of their games, is embarrassing. If I were an NMSU booster I would be foaming at the mouth and wondering what kind of rinky dink operation I'm supporting.

If the supplier promises uniforms by a certain date but they don't deliver, there's not much you can do. I've had a close call once for baseball jerseys. Got the order in way before the deadline for delivery by a certain date but a hurricane (I think that's what it was, it was awhile ago) delayed production and delivery. It sucks but it does happen.

By “not arrived yet”, I don’t think at all that Under Armor hasn’t delivered the white uniforms to NMSU campus. Rather, when the equip staff saw the white units still in storage, after the equip truck had already hit the road, then shat a collective brick, they probably tried to rush them up here in time, but won’t make it.

Not sure why they couldn’t have just thrown them on the plane today. Could’ve had a player wear one each, if airline was citing cost. Oh well

This is pretty silly, but it's more funny than anything. I mean, an FBS program hasn't received their freaking away jerseys by late August? Very bad look.

I think GWG would look pretty good tomorrow.

By “not arrived yet”, I don’t think at all that Under Armor hasn’t delivered the white uniforms to NMSU campus. Rather, when the equip staff saw the white units still in storage, after the equip truck had already hit the road, then shat a collective brick, they probably tried to rush them up here in time, but won’t make it.

Not sure why they couldn’t have just thrown them on the plane today. Could’ve had a player wear one each, if airline was citing cost. Oh well

I read it as the exact opposite. It states their "only option" for the game is a dark uniform. The announcement came out this morning and it said B1G had approved the one-time change, so it is clear they knew before this morning. If they had them, NMSU could easily have had them shipped as cargo on a commercial flight or FedEx or UPS. It would only be the jerseys, so a few large boxes.

Should give the U some of that 800k back then.

This is funny because as I was watching the Wyoming game I thought how terribly ugly NMSU's home uniforms are. Now they have to wear them again.

This is funny because as I was watching the Wyoming game I thought how terribly ugly NMSU's home uniforms are. Now they have to wear them again.

I noticed how good Wyoming’s unis looked that night too. One of the better ones in college football in my opinion.

Why not all gold like we did for the inaugural stadium game vs Air Force? Even those ugly anthracite jerseys could have worked. What a dumb decision.

Did you read what happened or totally ignore it?

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

only bad thing is no on will be able to read the names on the back of the uniforms. whoever thought gold letters on a white uni was a good idea has never been to a game.

only bad thing is no on will be able to read the names on the back of the uniforms. whoever thought gold letters on a white uni was a good idea has never been to a game.
Many can't regardless...too far away.

Too late to organize a whiteout?

Minnesota: Ghost Protocol
Not a fan of the Casper combo.

Correct. Baffling honestly, that everything else is maroon font (with yellow outline), except the name plate.

I read it as the exact opposite. It states their "only option" for the game is a dark uniform. The announcement came out this morning and it said B1G had approved the one-time change, so it is clear they knew before this morning. If they had them, NMSU could easily have had them shipped as cargo on a commercial flight or FedEx or UPS. It would only be the jerseys, so a few large boxes.

Yes, you must be correct, and my take must’ve been wrong. Because like I said, they wouldn’t even need to do that, they could’ve just put them on the team plane. Thanks for correcting me

Have there been any other games in which the Gophers wore white jerseys at home? Just curious

Top Bottom