Any Other Lot 86ers Looking For Their New Home?

HopHead

rank lieutenant
Reaction score
Those of us that park and tailgate in Lot 86 on the West Bank received an e-mail yesterday that the lot is still having construction and we are being re-located to a new lot, Lot 13, that is just off Huron pretty close to the I-94 exit. I'm curious to see how traffic is both before and after the game for this new location. That is one of our favorite "features" of Lot 86. By the time we get back to our car after a game, we drive right out with no traffic. At least the walk to the stadium will be much shorter which means a few more minutes of tailgating.

Yep, got my notice too. Looks like this could be our spot as long as the Iowa game...

Not too excited about it. The Billds know the spot because we use the medical facilities right next door. If coming from I-94 the left turn onto Huron is brutal many times a day, let alone for a football game. What I don't know is if an officer is put there to regulate traffic at the light...if yes, this would be great but otherwise could be tough.

We will probably figure out a way to come some other way to avoid that turn. Not sure what that will look like. Can always opt to go over to the Fairgrounds Lot. Used it several times last year and really liked it.

If coming from I-94 the left turn onto Huron is brutal many times a day, let alone for a football game.

People coming off the ramp trying to cut over to the left lane in order to turn left at Fulton, instead of going straight. They should just put a concrete barrier there and force people coming in from that ramp to go straight on Huron to Wash/Uni. Then similarly force people coming in from the westbound I-94 ramp to go left on Fulton.

People coming off the ramp trying to cut over to the left lane in order to turn left at Fulton, instead of going straight. They should just put a concrete barrier there and force people coming in from that ramp to go straight on Huron to Wash/Uni. Then similarly force people coming in from the westbound I-94 ramp to go left on Fulton.

Yep, that would work. Any experience with this intersection and Lot 13 on gamedays?

Last edited:

Those of us that park and tailgate in Lot 86 on the West Bank received an e-mail yesterday that the lot is still having construction and we are being re-located to a new lot, Lot 13, that is just off Huron pretty close to the I-94 exit. I'm curious to see how traffic is both before and after the game for this new location. That is one of our favorite "features" of Lot 86. By the time we get back to our car after a game, we drive right out with no traffic. At least the walk to the stadium will be much shorter which means a few more minutes of tailgating.

I've tailgated at 86 a few times with some friends. Nice spot. Plus, the walk over the bridge and through the campus is always nice, followed by a quick stop at the Alumni building (never a line at the bathroom in that building, even for the women). I agree, by the time you get to your car you can just drive off! I would rather stroll down University and through the campus than sit in a traffic jam. I think it was after the Syracuse game a few years ago, my son and I waited an hour and a half to get out of the Oak Street Ramp!

Also, for us older folks the Lot 86 walk is good for our ticker...

Just what the doctor ordered...going to a Gophers FB game!

Yep, that would work. Any experience with this intersection and Lot 13 on gamedays?

Nope. I will simply assume it is horrendous. Godspeed to you!

Might suggest trying to drive across the Wash bridge and snake around the south side of East Bank?

Top Bottom