Week 1 Other Games Thread

Kill recruited him. No surprise.

Based on what I recall reading, kid came out of a triple option offense in NJ, went down to IMG and won the spot based on underwear drills and NFL body, and then liked to throw it to the other team earning a benching in favor of Annexstad. He may need a lot of seasoning as a passer at this level.

Last edited:

Completely agree ... it's baffling. While not talking about it in depth, on a recent podcast Ryan Burns said Claeys preferred McLauren because he was faster. Eems like a bad reason. Sounds like the OC wanted Ta'amu.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Taamu 22/32 for 336 and 2 TD 0 int in a demolition of Texas Tech.

Tony Poljan doing well in early returns vs Kentucky. Kill commit Claeys cut loose. Huge dual threat kid.

Kasim Hill throws the ugliest ball I’ve ever seen and seems like a lumbering rather than dynamic runner. But, Maryland looking good enough to defeat yet another overrated Texas team. Will be a nail biter to the final whistle.

I agree they’re good and that RB is elite but IMO their talent up and down the roster doesn’t seem to justify the hype as a serious contender for the CFP. Caveat is it was an early game and new starters on D. Could be a different team by Nov.
I think they will sweep through the west division, however I can't see them winning in both Happy Valley and Ann Arbor. Will see, it's why the season isn't decided on paper. I will cheer for their opponent every Saturday.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Coach Claeys WSU defense looking competent vs. Wyoming.

And with the pick, the Terps knock off the annually overrated Longhorns.

TEXAS-FFFFFF.gif

OMG+girl.gif

texas-oops.gif

Maryland will not be some program in disarray. Not saying they’ll win the Big Ten, but we’re not going to get any boost in beating them from the coaching/player death controversy. Gonna be a tough game.

Big10 has not looked impressive thus far this year. Other than the Maryland win.

Maryland will not be some program in disarray. Not saying they’ll win the Big Ten, but we’re not going to get any boost in beating them from the coaching/player death controversy. Gonna be a tough game.

I dunno if I agree with that. Their talent level suggests they should be better than they have been, we'll see how they do this year.

Maryland is talented.
They'll be tough to beat this year.
Beat a ranked Texas team again this year.
Very solid.

I dunno if I agree with that. Their talent level suggests they should be better than they have been, we'll see how they do this year.

Ditto. I saw nothing that would tell me either team is much different than last year's results. Gave up a lot of yards.

Plus Iam sure Maryland was fired up, playing for their fallen teammate, feel like the world is against them, they were going to have their A game today. Tough to sustain that feeling all year, at some point reality hits

Does anyone else think it's ridiculous when they see the Maryland program honoring McNair now? Obviously I think it's great that the team is honoring him, but I just think about how it is probably orchestrated by the (mostly) same coaching and support staff that did absolutely nothing and contributed to his death. I'd be disgusted if I were McNair's parents watching that.

Big10 has not looked impressive thus far this year. Other than the Maryland win.

Everyone has won so far?

Are you referring to MSU and Illinois both only winning by 7.

OSU, MN, Rutgers, WI all won by 28 or more.

Plus Iam sure Maryland was fired up, playing for their fallen teammate, feel like the world is against them, they were going to have their A game today. Tough to sustain that feeling all year, at some point reality hits

Vegas didn't think so.

TX was a 14(?) point favorite.

Iowa looks like typical Iowa, very good defense, boring mediocre offense.

Does anyone else think it's ridiculous when they see the Maryland program honoring McNair now? Obviously I think it's great that the team is honoring him, but I just think about how it is probably orchestrated by the (mostly) same coaching and support staff that did absolutely nothing and contributed to his death. I'd be disgusted if I were McNair's parents watching that.

Yeh, well, no win at this point for how Maryland has it. If they do nothing, then they are blamed for ignoring it. What would you suggest if you were the PR department?
If I were them, I'd be discussing any tributes with the family closely to make sure we're not making things worse.

Everyone has won so far?

Are you referring to MSU and Illinois both only winning by 7.

OSU, MN, Rutgers, WI all won by 28 or more.

MSU and Illinois, close games vs lesser opponents, Ohio State scored a ton but gave up a lot of points to a bad team. WI, MN, Rutgers took care of business. Iowa looks okay, PSU having all kind of trouble against inferior opponent. Maryland and Minnesota maybe the only ones that were "impressive" performances in my opinion. Simply winning against equal or lesser opponents is not "impressive".

Last edited:

Scores from the SEC:

Georgia beating Austin Peay in a fine test, 38-0.
Kentucky up by one against Central Michigan in the third.
Missouri handling UT Martin, which sounds like the name of our sheriff.
Arkansas over E. Illinois.
TXAM over Northwestern State on Thursday.
SC took care of Coastal Carolina 49-15.

In real games:
Ole Miss over Texas Tech. Kingsbury will need a new job soon.
West Virginia leading Tennessee 13-7

Auburn and Washington in a good one 15-13, but unfortunately played inside killing any ambience of late summer.

MSU and Illinois, close games vs lesser opponents, Ohio State scored a ton but gave up a lot of points to a bad team. WI, MN, Rutgers took care of business. Iowa looks okay, PSU having all kind of trouble against inferior opponent. Maryland and Minnesota maybe the only ones that were "impressive" performances in my opinion. Simply winning against equal or lesser opponents is not "impressive".

I agree not many are "impressive" but no one is choking badly yet. That's the main thing you want to avoid. When half your conference is choking... that's not good.
Texas losing to MD (even though not a choke) just about killed the Big 12 for this season if Texas happens to beat many Big 12 teams this year. (or Herman will be on a hot seat).

Top Bottom