Week 1 Other Games Thread

Stan

Reaction score
Here we are! So pumped for college football to start. Some really good opening week games.

Northwestern at Purdue
Wake Forest at Tulane
Western Kentucky at wisconsin
San Diego State at Stanford
Colorado at Colorado State
Oregon State at Ohio State
Texas at Maryland
Ole Miss at Texas Tech
Washington vs Auburn
Tennessee vs West Virginia
North Carolina at Cal
Michigan at Notre Dame
Louisville at Alabama
Miami vs LSU
Virginia Tech at Fla State
etc.

Here we are! So pumped for college football to start. Some really good opening week games.

Northwestern at Purdue
Wake Forest at Tulane
Texas at Maryland
Ole Miss at Texas Tech
Washington vs Auburn
North Carolina at Cal
Michigan at Notre Dame
Louisville at Alabama
Miami vs LSU
etc.

Washington at Auburn is the big one.
Along with the ones in bold.

I'm afraid I need to pull for Michigan over Notre Dame for the sake of Big Ten strength.
If Auburn beats Washington, PAC12 could be without a team in the CFP again.

Northwestern at Purdue. I’ll be watching this one. Should be fun..
Wake Forest at Tulane
Texas at Maryland. Really hope Maryland smacks them in the mouth
Ole Miss at Texas Tech
Washington vs Auburn. Huge game
North Carolina at Cal
Michigan at Notre Dame. Interesting if only to see Patterson. Mich may be really good.
Louisville at Alabama
Miami vs LSU
etc.

I've always liked the Michigan v Notre Dame game to start the season. I'm glad ND had the courage to renew the rivalry. It's a good way to kickoff prime time football.

I'm watching the Michigan game with my Michigan friends. One other friend loves Notre Dame. Should be fun, as I don't really care who wins. I think I might root for Notre Dame for the first and only time in my life.

Craig Bohl vs Tracy Claeys interesting match-up

Craig Bohl vs Tracy Claeys interesting match-up

That is an interesting matchup. But the truth is, Washington St folds every time they play a legit team. And Wyoming is legit (although not so good on offense yet). I'm picking Wyoming at home.

That is an interesting matchup. But the truth is, Washington St folds every time they play a legit team. And Wyoming is legit (although not so good on offense yet). I'm picking Wyoming at home.

So.... I guess Washington State didn't beat 11-3 USC (or 9-5 Stanford) last year.

Northwestern at Purdue- Hope to get home into to watch at least some of the 4th Quarter
Wake Forest at Tulane
Texas at Maryland
Ole Miss at Texas Tech
Washington vs Auburn

North Carolina at Cal
Michigan at Notre Dame
Louisville at Alabama
Miami vs LSU

etc.
Florida Atlantic at Oklahoma

Damn fine mostly opening weekend. Glad we have 3 TVs and PIP!

So.... I guess Washington State didn't beat 11-3 USC (or 9-5 Stanford) last year.

Or Boise State.

And let's hold-off on the "And Wyoming is legit " part too. Yes, they went 8-5 last year, but look at that schedule again.

They lost to: Iowa. Oregon, Boise State, Fresno State and San Jose State(!).

They beat: Gardner-Webb (!), Texas State(!), Utah State, New Mexico, Colorado State, Air Force and Central Michigan.

It's a new season, so maybe the Cowboys are for real. We'll find out tomorrow night how legit their victory was against the Aggies.

Big Ten games in August will take some time getting used to.

Go Gophers!!

Ross-Ade almost full. Nice sunset. Purdue student section looking good. Was it always on the sidelines like this? Northwestern sharp early and up 7-0

Purdue comes back and ties it 14-14. Exciting game

31-24 now for NW-Purdue.

Not sure who I want to win this game.

I'm excited to watch the rest of this one. My wife isn't so happy, but hey...

This has been a good football game.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Pretty much a toss up when thinking about the B1G west race. I'd rather have Purdue hold serve with a home game if I had to pick.

What a stupid play throwing the runner down there. Purdue has nothing to complain about there. That’s called 100% of the time.

What a stupid play throwing the runner down there. Purdue has nothing to complain about there. That’s called 100% of the time.

Correct. Northwestern gets a big win on the road. Congrats to the Wildcats.

Stupid penalty by Purdue. This loss will haunt them.

Jeff Brohm is an intense competitor, but him yelling at the refs there is ridiculous. He coaches his team to play on the edge and it cost him there. He whines like a little bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UnimportantLastingAchillestang-size_restricted.gif

Or Boise State.

And let's hold-off on the "And Wyoming is legit " part too. Yes, they went 8-5 last year, but look at that schedule again.

They lost to: Iowa. Oregon, Boise State, Fresno State and San Jose State(!).

They beat: Gardner-Webb (!), Texas State(!), Utah State, New Mexico, Colorado State, Air Force and Central Michigan.

It's a new season, so maybe the Cowboys are for real. We'll find out tomorrow night how legit their victory was against the Aggies.

Yep I agree. Let's see...

Last two years they had Josh Allen, this year not so much. Too bad they couldn't pair JA with a better supporting cast.

Top Bottom