Week 1 Other Games Thread

Not to discredit Fresno state because I agree with your statement but Idaho is terrible. Idaho has given them the ball 3 times and Fresno scored on a blocked fg

They are a bad FCS team...

Wow Hawaii destroying Navy who were 14 point favorites.

It’s always disappointing when Michigan and ND can’t both lose when they play each other.

Fresno now up 53 -13 I read where some Fresno scribe is predicting a victory over our gophs 28 - 13

Fresno now up 53 -13 I read where some Fresno scribe is predicting a victory over our gophs 28 - 13

They were ranked higher than us going into the year on most of the "all the teams" rankings.

The Fresno fans on the 247 board were not impressed with our NMSU win, as our secondary is bad and our defense will not be ready for the Fresno attack.. 20 to 40 loss at least for us They noted that #2 Huff did not look great and they might have a point.

There was some reluctant admission later on the 247 "bark" board that the RB #1 might be a problem, that we did seem to have some talent at WR (but our QB is noodle armed, even if poised), and the OL looked pretty solid.

Tedford is the man when it comes to offense though, so this probably will be a test for the defense. If we win big, I'll be very impresed with DC Smith. We played a ton of players on defense (situational rotations) last game, and I hope the rotation tightens up this week.

Last edited:

ASU, under Herm Edwards, just beat UTSA 49-7. UTSA has been pretty tough at times since going full Division I.

Edwards may have have been underestimated by all those that mocked his hiring at ASU. The man knows defense and knows leadership. There is plenty of talent at ASU and plenty of talent that can be admitted from California JUCOS to ASU. Herm is very smart and with the right offense (and they had it tonight) he could do very well in a weak PAC 12

Herm is no Lovie Smith NFL rtread; I am calling it now, he will be a success in Tempe.

Tennessee State beat Bethune-Cookman 34-3.

Demry Croft earned the start and played in eight series, two in each quarter
Croft finished 8-of-14 for 154 yards and eight carries for 14 yards

The last time an NU game was canceled for any reason, according to the NU yearbook, was 1943, when a game with Pittsburgh was canceled due to World War II travel restrictions.

Watched highlights of the following:

- Penn St App St -- wow Penn St has some issues on D coverage, or otherwise App St might just be that incredible at QB and WR?
- Michigan Notre Dame -- just a touch game for Michigan, they fought back and still had a chance to tie at the end, ND could be tough, or they could both end up 8-4
- Kent St Illinois -- not sure if Illinois D just making the Kent QB look like Ohio St QB, or what. Kent could've easily won this game, but credit to Illinois for coming back. The new QB didn't look like he had a great game passing, but can definitely run
- Wash St Wyoming -- this was a very close game with 11min in the 4th qtr, then the wheels fell off, and Wash St scored a TD with less than a minute to make the score look worse than it was, probably Leach wanted to do that to give appearances
- Fresno Idaho -- very little to take from this game as far as judging how tough Fresno will be, was 42-6 at half with two blocked FG returned for TDs

The last time an NU game was canceled for any reason, according to the NU yearbook, was 1943, when a game with Pittsburgh was canceled due to World War II travel restrictions.
When I read "NU" I immediately thought Northwestern University. The context says you are talking about UNL. [emoji41]
That satellite image looked nasty. Glad the safety of others takes precedence over football.

Why did they cancel the game? These guys are salaried, right? Play it at 10 pm. Play it the the next morning. Fans paid for a game.

There is no -declared- war going on. Did someone need their beauty sleep?

Damn, that LSU defense is pumped up.

Miami fumble recovery for a TD. Nvm, called back.

Last edited:

This game is probably over.

LSU is number 25, come on man. I wrote that when the first AP pole came out. This is further proof they are a top 10 team.

LSU is number 25, come on man. I wrote that when the first AP pole came out. This is further proof they are a top 10 team.

Think you meant poll. To me, the game says a lot more about Miami being overrated than LSU being underrated.

Top Bottom