Week 1 Other Games Thread

Why did they cancel the game? These guys are salaried, right? Play it at 10 pm. Play it the the next morning. Fans paid for a game.

There is no -declared- war going on. Did someone need their beauty sleep?

Thunderstorms sat over Lincoln until nearly 5am Sunday morning. There was no way they were getting that game in Saturday night. I am a little confused on why they couldn't play it yesterday though.

Thunderstorms sat over Lincoln until nearly 5am Sunday morning. There was no way they were getting that game in Saturday night. I am a little confused on why they couldn't play it yesterday though.

A lot of it had to do with lack of adequate lodging in the area for the Akron team, staff and entourage.

(Williams said Akron tried to find lodging for the team within "a reasonable distance from Lincoln".
"These accommodations were not available or would have required our team to stay in multiple locations, which is not in the best interests of our team and student-athletes," Williams said.)

Last edited:

That’s an incredible line of storms then. It happens. Would have been a great story/historical footnote if everyone, Neb included, agreed to sleep on cots for the night, maybe at the stadium....slumber party. If there’s no will there’s no way. They will scramble to reschedule for December or never play the game which isn’t the end of the world but not ideal. /barks at the moon

Last edited:

Saw some of the Ohio State game and wow, Haskins has an NFL arm. I have a feeling this is going to be an angry team this year. They may be better than they were with JT.

Speaking of cancelled vs postponed .... I bet East Carolina fans wish the game would've been canceled !!!

WOW! They lost at home to an FCS/I-AA, and an HBCU at that (which are *usually*, not always, lower funded and not as strong as the larger I-AA public school programs)!

What an atmosphere at the Florida St. game. That's gotta be loud.

Looks like quite a few empty seats in the upper deck?

I had no idea the Florida St. war chant was played ... this often and with such little variation...

I would hope if anyone in the B1G did something similar they'd come up with a rule or something.

I had no idea the Florida St. war chant was played ... this often and with such little variation...

I would hope if anyone in the B1G did something similar they'd come up with a rule or something.

Yeah...it's pretty nauseating. Done it for decades.

VT at one point was rushing 3, and VT DL were beating double teams and driving the OL into the QB across the entire line....

It it was bizarre.

On one play, the QB had a clean pocket, yet still tried to escape and tripped over his RT.

Fla St did not look like a top 25 team, and Miami absolutely did not look like a top 10 team.

There will be a lot of shuffling in this week's poll.

Fla St did not look like a top 25 team, and Miami absolutely did not look like a top 10 team.

There will be a lot of shuffling in this week's poll.

And Miami gets credit for beating a top 25 team. Stop the madness.

On one play, the QB had a clean pocket, yet still tried to escape and tripped over his RT.

It was an ugly game. Florida St in theory could have come back based on the score, but in reality they got trounced.

Top Bottom