Week 1 Other Games Thread

Good stuff. Utah State looked dang good. Wonder how the rest of their season will turn out.

Let us all keep in mind.......Utah State lost to New Mexico State in last year's Arizona Bowl 26-20 on December 29th. :)

Good stuff. Utah State looked dang good. Wonder how the rest of their season will turn out.

Agreed! Not sure if USU was just that good, or Mich St was a bit down in their opener, as I only watched the highlights.

Mountain West division could very tough, lot of pretty good G5 programs in that division: Boise, Utah St, Wyoming, Colorado St (tough start for them, but they have new stadium and have had an SEC head coach last couple years, they'll be back), Air Force, New Mexico

Its Western ky, but yes, they'll be top 5 unit most likely

. MN needs stop waiting for them to fall apart

W Kentucky used to have a heck of an offense. That's where Purdue's head coach came from, and before him it was the guy who is Florida State's head coach now (and was at Oregon for a season before that).

Michigan Notre Dame obviously the huge one tonight for the Big Ten.

Be interesting to see how Maryland looks in a semi-home game vs Texas. Herman is/was supposed to be like a Scott Frost type hire for the Longhorns, his 2nd season.

I'm curious to see how Washington State's defense, under Tracey Claeys, holds up against Craig Bohl's smash mouth offense.

Agreed! Not sure if USU was just that good, or Mich St was a bit down in their opener, as I only watched the highlights.

Mountain West division could very tough, lot of pretty good G5 programs in that division: Boise, Utah St, Wyoming, Colorado St (tough start for them, but they have new stadium and have had an SEC head coach last couple years, they'll be back), Air Force, New Mexico

Colorado St absolutely sucks and Bobo won’t make it til next season, they can’t afford to with the investments they made. USU is good. Their QB and offense is good. Motivation probably a factor in that game as well. MSU underperformed, but it’s one game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious to see how Washington State's defense, under Tracey Claeys, holds up against Craig Bohl's smash mouth offense.

Yeah, a lot of those PAC teams run the chuck n' duck spread offense. So could be a bad matchup for them.

I feel like Michigan St always look underwhelming during the non-conference schedule.

Love did nothing for Stanford but Arcega-Whiteside has 6 receptions for 226 yards and 3 TDs. Not a bad game.

Colorado St absolutely sucks and Bobo won’t make it til next season, they can’t afford to with the investments they made. USU is good. Their QB and offense is good. Motivation probably a factor in that game as well. MSU underperformed, but it’s one game.

Thanks, sounds like a good take, I'll trust you on this one!

Agree that CSU can't afford to let the program wither with a brand new, P5-level stadium, especially if they hope to make a push to join the P5. They're at the same level academically, school-size, research, etc. as Oregon St and Washington St. But doubt the PAC would ever add them, unless somehow the senators from CO got involved? Doubt it ... anyway, tangent.

Fresno State Bulldogs at home against Idaho Vandals 9:00 PM Central. It appears that they are only available on Dish.

Fresno State Bulldogs at home against Idaho Vandals 9:00 PM Central. It appears that they are only available on Dish.

I'm not sure if it's free to watch for anyone, but the game is being exclusively streamed live on Stadium's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/StadiumCollegeFootball/videos/283773562353266/

Might have to sign up for a facebook account, if you don't have one, to watch?

Otherwise, you might be able to view it by going to Idaho's athletics website http://www.govandals.com

I'm not sure if it's free to watch for anyone, but the game is being exclusively streamed live on Stadium's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/StadiumCollegeFootball/videos/283773562353266/

Might have to sign up for a facebook account, if you don't have one, to watch?

Otherwise, you might be able to view it by going to Idaho's athletics website http://www.govandals.com

Nice! Thanks. (I always liked that nickname, the Vandals.)

Jordan Taamu starting for University of Miss. Still the most head-scratching, frustrating miss by Claeys. What’s the inside story on that? We can see why he wanted Green as his QB, a huge dual threat load in the mold of Leidner for better or worse. What doesn’t make sense is why he’d pass on a talent like Taamu even as a backup, unless Jordan turned him down.

Jordan Taamu starting for University of Miss. Still the most head-scratching, frustrating miss by Claeys. What’s the inside story on that? We can see why he wanted Green as his QB, a huge dual threat load in the mold of Leidner for better or worse. What doesn’t make sense is why he’d pass on a talent like Taamu even as a backup, unless Jordan turned him down.

Copy that. I just watched those two runs again.

Interested in that Wyoming game. I didn't really see any of the Wyoming/NMSU game. Fun weekend.

Its Western ky, but yes, they'll be top 5 unit most likely

. MN needs stop waiting for them to fall apart

WKY was able to get some things working in the second half.

Maryland easily scores on strip club aficionado Herman. Things are looking up early on.

Just saw there is someone playing for Texas named Lil'Jordan Humphrey. I hope he made the all name team.

Watching some of this Wisconsin game they look a little worse on defense. Then WKU receivers dropped a ton of balls. Their “ball hawk” safety dropped a gimme interception that hit him in both hands. When WKU brought pressure early on Wisconsin could not protect. When they only brought 4 they picked them apart. Overall not that impressive for such a hyped team.

I’ll double down on wagering Wisconsin is not finishing as national champs. Any takers? I know Los Ven is a salty Badger fan.

Watching some of this Wisconsin game they look a little worse on defense. Then WKU receivers dropped a ton of balls. Their “ball hawk” safety dropped a gimme interception that hit him in both hands. When WKU brought pressure early on Wisconsin could not protect. When they only brought 4 they picked them apart. Overall not that impressive for such a hyped team.

I’ll double down on wagering Wisconsin is not finishing as national champs. Any takers? I know Los Ven is a salty Badger fan.

Gonna have to pull the ol “it’s the first game, man” in ya. Hope you’re right though!

Maryland up 14-7 halfway through the first qtr. Lot of game left, and first game for both ... but a too early take is that either Texas is not going to improve on 7-6 from last year, or Maryland is going to be significantly improved.

Also, they painted the end zones of FedEx Field in full red, U Maryland style. But they left the Redskins logo at midfield. My take: Redskins owner proudly giving the nation a strong middle finger, that they’ll never, ever force him to change the nickname. Might come back to haunt him...

They are going to work that Dwayne Haskins visiting Ohio State when his was kid.....to death.

Maryland D is looking tough. So much for the idea that their program would be in chaos. I was worried the opposite might happen ... players would ignore the talk and use it to rally...

Isn't Western Kentucky usually a pretty descent team? I know WI is very good but am a little surprised they're favored by 37. Figured it would be like 20-25.
Yes but all of their coaches keep getting poached.
They’ve done an amazing job of reloading on coaches but I’d guess eventually their pool dries up a bit and they have a couple bad seasons.

Wisconsin is really good. But due to how tough their road schedule is I think someone else wins the west.

5 tough road games.

Maryland D is looking tough. So much for the idea that their program would be in chaos. I was worried the opposite might happen ... players would ignore the talk and use it to rally...

They dropped a coach or two but Canada is a really good coach. They may have stumbled into an upgrade. Obviously early and obviously Texas might be overrated as they were last year. But Maryland has too much talent and competent coaching to be a 1-11 or 0-12 type team

Top Bottom